• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First i marry the Byzantine Emperor's daughter to secure an alliance with the Empire. Then i claim and annex the independent counties around Napoli. Then i'll go for Sicily against the muslims. When i have a little Italian land and the whole island of Sicily i will push out the Normans from Italy, and later expand into north africa. After that i will slowly secure the northern regions of Italy. All will fear the new Greko-Italian Empire.

Hope this plan works out. :)

good plan. remember you can inherit land by marriage too...
you'll have to tell us if you succeed in your plans in an AAR

I'll probably play Rogaland on my first game... Not that I think it'll go anywhere, just for fun :)

I'm gonna start of as a Duke. Probably an Irish or Scottish one, just to get my feet wet and get a feel of the game. Afterwards, I'll be campaigning as the Count of Schwabia in 1066 with the ultimate purpose of securing the Holy Roman Empire for my dynasty.

Somebody from Austria :) Cause of my ancestors :)

Duchess of Britanny (I dont remember the name, only the house: Kerne). Medium sized, with only two neighboors, ok,, powerful, but, if you are clever, you might be allied with both through marriages, with enough vassals to can deal with them and fight against some plots, but not to many to be overwhelmed, married with someone of your dinasty, then, you will be able to continue playing... Ok, you are limited in the conquest, but, if England or France breaks you will be able of take some of their provinces... Or you could try to invade Wales, Ireland and Scotland and form a pan gaelic kingdom XD

Sounds funny, and a decent game for a learning game n,n

I guess you mean Constance, last ruler of the Kerne dynasty (and last breton ruler of Britanny) ?

She was not married to someone of her dynasty but to Geoffroy Plantagenêt, a brother of Richard Cœur-de-Lion and John Lackland.

I plan to start my own game with their son, Arthur I of Britanny, at age 15 (just before he gets assassinated by John.), which was impossible to do in the CK I and should be really interesting : Arthur should be at war against John with claims on the counties of Anjou, Maine, Touraine and Poitou, and a very strong claim on the crown of England (he was supposed to be the successor of Richard, but was too young when he died.), and allied with the King of France (or his vassal) Kind of a reversed Hundred years war ;)

Not to mention the propaganda by Constance about him to be a reincarnation of King Arthur !

I wonder if the name Kerne has any relation to Cornwall which is called Kernow in Cornish.? Just a thought.
Yes. The continental Breton kingdom of Kerne was created in the fifth or sixth century by insular Bretons fleeing the Saxon invasion of nowadays Cornwall.

Apparently it's Vratislav of Bohemia :)

Galicia is my first choice, my second would be a muslim faction if they are playable. my third choice would be galicia again, to conquer the known map with the experience gained in previous games :happy:

Finally, I played at Matilda di Canossa, I was sad when her husband died...

Then I played at the Byzantine Heir, but I could not handle the succession crisis, so after fight during 5 years more than 50% of my own country, I decided to let the crown to my brother, who, with his fresh troops, finally ended the civil war. During this time, I created a plot to kill him, and when his tent burned one night during a campaign, his 2 years old daughter inherited the Empire. So I killed my wife and I marry the little Impress... The End ! :laugh:

With the demo I started as the Duke of Bohemia.

The game as King of Poland with pagan smashing was quite fun and I might end up repeating that on the full game as my first try.

I tried playing as Poland and ended up having all my vassals and my troops obliterated in one battle.

Also, when I tried playing as Duke of Bohemia, the first game I ended losing because it froze and I had to quit, and the second game, I ended up defecting to Byzantium and trying to raise an Islamic son by betrothing him to an Islamic woman, and then I started imprisoning my relatives in order to trigger my son as heir and I ended up getting imprisoned by Konstantinos X, and my -200 relationship brother, Ota, ended up taking the throne.

Bloody hell.

Ok, demo made me change my plans :)

First game as Mathilda of Tuscany, marry El Cid and aim to form kingdom of Italy, but that has to wait for actual game for my playing style isn't expansive enought to do it in 20 years :eek:o

oh and be elected Holy Roman Emperor with as many rulers as possible without without assassinating every Emperor that isn't me :D

Last edited: