• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Master, im here to serve you always. Quick update?

Germany is going for a solo or team win with Great Britain, depending on how Austria loses supply centers. The Turks are 'not needed' by this alliance, except in so far as they can speed up the end of the game. (I.e. we lose if we support Germany / Britain) Therefore, the Turkish forces have allied with the Austrian army to resist this attempt at global domination.

That's really about it. Things have simplified tremendously lately.

Germany is going for a solo or team win with Great Britain, depending on how Austria loses supply centers. The Turks are 'not needed' by this alliance, except in so far as they can speed up the end of the game. (I.e. we lose if we support Germany / Britain) Therefore, the Turkish forces have allied with the Austrian army to resist this attempt at global domination.

Your wisdom in these matters makes me dribble my Sultan.

I love how about 2 months ago Taii said it would be over in a fortnight :p

That is basically the situation, yes.

I would add that I have a firm alliance with Britain with the goal of a tied victory, which obviously Austria and Turkey are hoping will break up and give them a chance to seize victory from the jaws of defeat.

I'd also add that the current situation is due to Turkey sitting on the sidelines during the hardest stages of the war between Austria and the Anglo-German alliance. They were at war with Italy only nominally, aiming to scavenge what they could after Britain, Austria, and Germany hammered the Italian forces. Other than that Turkey seemed to be seeing which way the wind was blowing... and then opted to prop up the losing Austria, since Britain had gained so much ground while Turkey was waiting for an unprotected back to stab that they decided joining the alliance would just speed a victory for Britain and I, who would then dispose of them.

What do you think, TE... if I were you I'd have taken my chances with the Anglo-German alliance.

Your wisdom in these matters makes me dribble my Sultan.

I love how about 2 months ago Taii said it would be over in a fortnight :p

It could have been. Sadly, I was unsuccessful in convincing the central powers to go for a three-way alliance win. I think at that point the German / British understanding had already been reached, so, in a sense, I was too late.

That is basically the situation, yes.

I would add that I have a firm alliance with Britain with the goal of a tied victory, which obviously Austria and Turkey are hoping will break up and give them a chance to seize victory from the jaws of defeat.

I'd also add that the current situation is due to Turkey sitting on the sidelines during the hardest stages of the war between Austria and the Anglo-German alliance. They were at war with Italy only nominally, aiming to scavenge what they could after Britain, Austria, and Germany hammered the Italian forces. Other than that Turkey seemed to be seeing which way the wind was blowing... and then opted to prop up the losing Austria, since Britain had gained so much ground while Turkey was waiting for an unprotected back to stab that they decided joining the alliance would just speed a victory for Britain and I, who would then dispose of them.

What do you think, TE... if I were you I'd have taken my chances with the Anglo-German alliance.

A) During that period, I did not have the forces to both protect myself from Austria (which was not friendly at that time) AND pursue operations full bore against the Italians. My operations did result in the elimination of the little green men, AND the distribution of supply centers as agreed between myself and Athalcor. It is touching to see you believing Turkey to have been as strong as yourself and Austria, and a great honour to see my small forces accorded such praise, however, your expectations (as ever) for my forces were too high.

B) You never gave me a proper chance to join the alliance. What you offered was a chance to be Jar-jar binks, and hand you Europe on a platter which ensured that I lost. I made a reasonable counter-offer which included a chance to sit equitably in your alliance. You brushed off the offer. What choice did I have? I chose to take the option that offered the best chance of success, my own.

It could have been. Sadly, I was unsuccessful in convincing the central powers to go for a three-way alliance win. I think at that point the German / British understanding had already been reached, so, in a sense, I was too late.

Austria stabbed me while I was dealing with Britain after a long and prosperous alliance. After that I had to stick a shank in their kidneys in order to even the score. There was nothing you could do, I'm sorry.

Austria stabbed me while I was dealing with Britain after a long and prosperous alliance. After that I had to stick a shank in their kidneys in order to even the score. There was nothing you could do, I'm sorry.

It's ok. I misread the situation. I think if I'd have made the offer the year previous, we might have been able to pull it off. Ah well.

It's ok. I misread the situation. I think if I'd have made the offer the year previous, we might have been able to pull it off. Ah well.

As far as I can recall, there were already talks of a Central Power alliance before we stabbed Germany.

About the stab, we could only deploy limited force against Italy, and Germany was threatening to wipe out Britain (and would have), which would have left us in a poor situation, with you controlling so much of the stalemate. I maintain that we did the right thing there, and the proof is that our gains (which could have been greater if not for civil disorder) allowed us to last years and years against the onslaught.

so basically yada yada yada from all parties involved. I see.. Hmmm

How about a good old on the table "gank" (splinter cell multiplayer neck break sound)? Who's been the biggest arsehole this game? Gank him to peices?

*Prays TheExecuter has not been the biggest arsehole...

A) During that period, I did not have the forces to both protect myself from Austria (which was not friendly at that time) AND pursue operations full bore against the Italians. My operations did result in the elimination of the little green men, AND the distribution of supply centers as agreed between myself and Athalcor. It is touching to see you believing Turkey to have been as strong as yourself and Austria, and a great honour to see my small forces accorded such praise, however, your expectations (as ever) for my forces were too high.

My point is simply that you sat around for a while not actively pursuing anything, waiting to see whose blood was in the water. It's a valid strategy, I was simply explaining that it's important to how the situation shook out, with you acting as a prop for Austria.

B) You never gave me a proper chance to join the alliance. What you offered was a chance to be Jar-jar binks, and hand you Europe on a platter which ensured that I lost. I made a reasonable counter-offer which included a chance to sit equitably in your alliance. You brushed off the offer. What choice did I have? I chose to take the option that offered the best chance of success, my own.

Your offer would have given me 1 SC more than what I had before Austria stabbed me. I understood why you made the demands you did, but there was no incentive for me to agree. You needed to grab a lot of SCs in order to be an equal partner with Britain and Germany, which meant taking pretty much all Austria's SCs at the time except for Vie, Mos, War, the latter two of which were mine before the war between Austria and Germany started. And when the offer was made, I'd secured the upper hand on Austria. After the hard work, I couldn't see much point letting you get virtually all the spoils, since all I got from your cooperation was a speedier resolution. And I wasn't going to promise you a bunch of SCs and then stab you once our lines met up, that'd just be dishonest.

If you'd offered me a similar deal a while before, say with me receiving War, Mos, Vie, Bud to your Tri, Ser, Rum, Sev, I'd have taken it without hesitation. At times I might even have been happy with just the first three listed provinces. But your offer came at the wrong time. If you'd asked for Sev, Rum, Ser in exchange for assisting me after I felt I had the upper hand I'd probably have taken that, but obviously you felt, reasonably enough, that you had to be an equal partner. And so any agreement was impossible by that stage.

It's unfortunate: we tend to agree on a lot of things, and yet we have not, to my knowledge, worked together.

As far as I can recall, there were already talks of a Central Power alliance before we stabbed Germany.

I don't believe so, but it was that long ago... at the time you stabbed us there was an awkward agreement where Italy and Germany were cooperating against Britain, while Austria and Italy were (ostensibly) cooperating against Turkey, and the Austro-German alliance was longstanding. I don't think Turkey asked for a Triple Alliance until after the tectonic shift.

About the stab, we could only deploy limited force against Italy, and Germany was threatening to wipe out Britain (and would have), which would have left us in a poor situation, with you controlling so much of the stalemate. I maintain that we did the right thing there, and the proof is that our gains (which could have been greater if not for civil disorder) allowed us to last years and years against the onslaught.

The thing is that the Italo-Austro-German agreement couldn't last: once Britain was gone I was bottled up and had to turn on either Italy or Austria or just sit on my hands until the game ended... well aside from some awkward arrangement through Sevastopol. But if Austria recognized that reality, I don't know why it wasn't discussed. I was going to cross the bridge when I came to it, but it wasn't plausible that I'd turn on my longest ally that secured my whole southern side. And there was no prospect of any solo at that point either.

As for proof you did the right thing... you only needed that bulwark against me because you attacked me! We'd have had a grand Germanic alliance victory long since if you hadn't done it. It's like Napoleon saying "It's a good thing I've got thousands of miles of Russian steppe to give up to those Russians, otherwise I'd be in serious trouble!" The stab has cost you a tied victory.

@ Adamus

Austria. Definitely. Stabbed every country in the game except France.

so basically yada yada yada from all parties involved. I see.. Hmmm

How about a good old on the table "gank" (splinter cell multiplayer neck break sound)? Who's been the biggest arsehole this game? Gank him to peices?

*Prays TheExecuter has not been the biggest arsehole...

We already did this. See Italy.

EDIT: Oh, and Austria has never stabbed me.

We already did this. See Italy.

EDIT: Oh, and Austria has never stabbed me.

I'm sure they did at some point.

EDIT

There was some agreement for setting a mutual border that they totally abrogated, remember?
Germany, that's obvious.
Italy, obvious
Britain was hung out to dry at least once.
Russia... maybe they didn't stab Russia.
France AFAIK they had no contact with.

I'm sure they did at some point.

EDIT

There was some agreement for setting a mutual border that they totally abrogated, remember?
Germany, that's obvious.
Italy, obvious
Britain was hung out to dry at least once.
Russia... maybe they didn't stab Russia.
France AFAIK they had no contact with.

Nope. That would be a conflict, not a stab. A stab requires some measure of trust. In the early game, Austria and I did not ever trust each other.

Britain is resolute.

Britain is resolute.

Fine, you will resolutely lose when Germany realizes that she no longer needs you to get to 18 supply centers. That her three fleets (and the new builds from dismantling Austria) could quite easily defend her supply centers from any attempt you make to return Germany to a tie-win.

Germany is already close to having too many armies on the eastern front. Mark my words, Germany is not intent on a tied victory, she will be fully capable of soloing in a year or so. Once that happens, kiss your chances of victory goodbye.

If I were Vainglory, I'd string you along, get as many of your fleets into the Med as possible, stack my armies and wait for the appropriate moment (say with 3-4 supply centers to go, and move my fleets into the North Sea and my armies into France. Austria by that point will be too weak to stalemate his armies, and you will be blatantly out of position and unable to prevent the solo. This is the most likely scenario of you remaining allied to Germany.

Austria will not give up her home centers easily, and you will find it difficult to break into the balkans through Ion. The only easy gain supply centers are in the east, away from your forces, and in Germany's grasp, as Austria will not defend them as strongly as she will her home centers.

If you remain in that alliance, Germany solos. It is inevitable.