• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Running the latest patch? It works fine for me, so you're either not patched up to date, have installed it wrong, or your game files are corrupted and you need a reinstall.

Yeah, I'm running DH1.02. It's strange because other mods run ok. I will try a new installation.
Anyway, I looked up the savedebug.txt after trying to load NWO2 and saw an endless line of "event XXX may be lost!!!" messages, do these really indicate a problem or can they be ignored?
And also a few double-used minister IDs in Bulgaria, Vietnam and Sahel-Benin.

Yeah, I'm running DH1.02. It's strange because other mods run ok. I will try a new installation.
Anyway, I looked up the savedebug.txt after trying to load NWO2 and saw an endless line of "event XXX may be lost!!!" messages, do these really indicate a problem or can they be ignored?

IIRC, the event errors would only crash the game if the game actually tries to spark them, so if your trouble is just running the game, it would not be event-related.
You've run the previous version, so you obviously know how to install the mod over a DH Full copy correctly (will save you that shpeel).
All I can suggest is redownloading and installing NWO over your 1.2 DH Full to see if you happened to just have a corrupt file, if not than there is some deeper issue (as we can all run the current version fine, and you appear to have no trouble using other mods in 1.2).
Are you able to access a bug-log while the game is hanging? Alt-Tabbing out can show it, too, if it doesn't appear in front of you.

As for the ministers, Bizon hasn't really touched those much yet, and hasn't gotten to any nations past the letter "K" (at least, as a few days ago).

Last edited:
I got it to to work by removing those event files which apparently caused problems, that is all the ececonomic development ones and the victory points. To clarify, in the savedebug.txt some of the events were reported problematic like 100 times in a row, possibly disrupting scenario loading. I will readd those files one by one to see which one caused the hangup.

Anyway, maybe Soviet Occupation Zone could get a new flag?Now they're using pre 1919 Black-White-Red, which seems pretty reactionary ;-) It could use the same flag as the Allied Occupation Zone basically or maybe the SED flag.
And a government change in British Raj late 1945 made the Minister of Armament disappear, there was just a black shadow, not even the title anymore.

While election events are done for countries up to K, I didn't bother correcting scenario startup which I wanted to do in larger chunks. This was wandering in my mind for a couple of weeks so I'll probably ensure it's done for 1.7.2 which I started doing today. As for the Raj, German zones, they are pretty at the end of the waiting line but I'll come to them and see if I can add something meaningful. In advance, any proposals (names, photos, years) are welcome.

Kennelly, I also get several event lost messages in savedebug.txt, but I'm going to investigate them as soon as I call economic events finished (I'm going to reduce US industry a bit in the nearest version). Do you get some error message during loading or is it just plain CtD? If loading the game makes it hang, I must always do alt+tab and return to the game to see the actual message.

I also can reproduce getting weird ministers in some games. I investigated Austria and made sure there is only one Wilhelm Miklas in minister file and there is no event command that can make him a head of state, there are no sleepminister command and somehow he find his way to the cabinet. My only idea is that maybe AI tries assassinate minister options and gets successful? If not, it possibly some easier thing, I'll catch it sooner or later :)

As for the flag for Soviet Zone I briefly looked for a possible candidate but certainly there was no official flag and the Allied blue-white-red flag is commonly associated with the Western Zone.I'd rather have some military rather than political flag (like SED insignia). But http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Red_Army_flag.svg is too Vietnam-like and hardly official too and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Soviet_Znamya_Pobedy.svg is cool but rather as novelty. I think I could just give them a Soviet flag, though, which should *feel*, if not be, more suitable than the imperial banner.

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:BSSD.PNG&filetimestamp=20071117013733

Maybe you could use this one, I found it on the German wiki-page about the Soviet forces in Germany. But I agree, It's a very minor issue to find a flag for an entity barely existing 4 years :)

Yes, I've seen the problem with generic, but absurd ministers suddenly appearing (like Miklas) in other mods. With the Raj minister It just was strange because, as said, even "Minister of Armament" disappeared, just a blank spot left.

As for the flag for Soviet Zone I briefly looked for a possible candidate but certainly there was no official flag and the Allied blue-white-red flag is commonly associated with the Western Zone.I'd rather have some military rather than political flag (like SED insignia). But http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Red_Army_flag.svg is too Vietnam-like and hardly official too and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Soviet_Znamya_Pobedy.svg is cool but rather as novelty. I think I could just give them a Soviet flag, though, which should *feel*, if not be, more suitable than the imperial banner.

Well, the idea of having a flag for a "nation" that never existed is a novelty in and of itself, so feel free to experiment, ha.

Current Version: 1.7.1 (2011-01-08)

and the thread is made in 2011 September

hmm

So, what's wrong with the current version being four days old?

OK OK, I haven't ever thought about changing a year number in the first post :p The mod looked really outdated...

I gave 0 preference for assassinations and will see if it helps. For sure, I don't change ministers of armament for British Raj so it might be an only explanation I can come up with.

Meanwhile, the mod _does_ have some inconsistencies in the ministerial starting lineup and possibly in some converted IDs from NWO1. I came to grips with my idea of coding a database crawler to:
- create a list of ministers of missing pictures
- create a list of duplicated ministers from different nations (which is not bad in itself but could help me link them with photos) and possibly, by the use of surname, ministers with leaders
- create a list of conflicts of name between my database and actual minister CSV files; this can either point to some misnamed ministers or wrong ID conversion where an ID points to a completely unrelated minister, usually a WW1 one.

I wish I could also spot some spelling differences between the same ministers, sometimes intended (like "H.R.H Someone" for paternal autocracy and "Comrade Someone" for stalinist dictatorship), sometimes not, but it would probably be hard to crunch :)

As for the end of the world at 14.02.1958 I'll add it to my todo list and try to see what could be wrong. If it's some event it could actually be easy to find, I didn't code a lot of them for the end of the timeline.

EDIT: To make it clear, I noticed the report on Feb 58 a couple of pages ago but originally didn't have time to do this. Now it's on honourable position on my list :)

Last edited:
OK, the database checking tool is in the making, for now I can see inconsistencies between my database and actual minister files. It's mostly different spelling of correct names but in the end of the screen there are some real problems too. Should help me weed out those WW1 guys from cabinets.

ministercrawler.png

The last e.g. means that I mean to put Aarre Simonen to the cabinet but Olavi Kajala enters it instead.

One of the problems I find is when the Soviets release Austria, all troops of the USA get deported to Washington (they have been there since the formation of the Allied Occupation Zone). So the American troops effectively disappear from the map (the Soviets go mostly to Korea and other borders). This leaves a rather funny situation in which both occupation zones often field up to three militia divisions and defend the border. So when a possible WWIII breaks out, there are no troops in Europe from either superpower. (not that I have the war, but it is kind of ahistorical as there were troops from UK / USA etc on the continent). Is there a possible fix for this?

Also I think that Austria needs a little change. I looked up the election history of Austria and it turns out that electing rightists after WWII is correct (leopold Figl as chancellor HoG). But then the old Miklas returns to power as president (HoS). This is incorrect, this should be at least Karl Renner or another candidate from the right (but because a coalition was formed between left and right this would lead to Renner as president). Just my observation.

Have you looked at tech teams yet? Because I find that especially Communist China lacks correct tech teams after victory over the Nationalists in the civil war (navy kinds maybe nuclear?)

Tim

One of the problems I find is when the Soviets release Austria, all troops of the USA get deported to Washington (they have been there since the formation of the Allied Occupation Zone). So the American troops effectively disappear from the map (the Soviets go mostly to Korea and other borders). This leaves a rather funny situation in which both occupation zones often field up to three militia divisions and defend the border. So when a possible WWIII breaks out, there are no troops in Europe from either superpower. (not that I have the war, but it is kind of ahistorical as there were troops from UK / USA etc on the continent). Is there a possible fix for this?

I've had the very same problem. When Allied Occupation Zone is released, all US units in Germany move to Austria (redeploying elsewhere once Austria is released and the American provinces given to it). Then, when UK and France give their occupation zones to the AOZ, their forces are deployed to their capitals. The same happens with the Soviet Occupation Zone, in which all Soviet divisions are redeployed elsewhere, leaving Germany empty. I have seen, however, stacks of around 45 Soviet divisions in the Korean border, as well as 10 division-armies in the Persian border and around 20 in the Caucasus. European Russia, except for some important cities like Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Kiev and Kharkov (which somehow have a garrison of around 20 divisions) and the Finnish border (~15 divisions per province), is left essentially empty.

Version 1.6.5. worked well, but with 1.7.0. and 1.7.1. the game just hangs up in the loading screen after launching the 1945 scenario, I literated waited an hour before finally terminating it.
I have the same problem. :(

Some things which should be changed at gamestart:

St. Pierre should be French, not British.
Kavaratti should be part of the British Raj, not of the UK.
USA needs a nuclear reactor capable of producing A-Bombs.

And Yemen should not be a British puppet/member of the allies. I know this is from vanilla, but (North) Yemen was actually pretty hostile towards the British and would e.g. not fight for the British against the Soviets.

I have playtested with the USA until 1948 just after the creation of Israel + Palestine. I noticed that Israel has a wrong claim. They claim Kirikkale in Turkey (id 1072) while they should claim Jerusalem (id 1172) Don't know sure about the id's. But I know that it is one number off, which creates this false claim :p. I think that Jerusalem was surely a claim of Israel. With claim I refer to cores actually.

What about the Sinai etc. Shouldn't they become cores instead of claims after the succesfull Arab-Israeli war?

Tim

About garrison AI, I'll have to make sure that both sides prioritize keeping troops in Austria and German zones of occupation. USA and USSR have pretty high ratio, understandably, of garrisoning each other's borders but USA is somehow not willing to transfer its troops to Korea by the sea while USSR has it easier, redeploying divisions throught the land. I'll think about it, surely. At least for Korea, it's now a smaller problem since both Koreas should declare independence in 1948.

I have definitely too little time to take care of 1945+ leaders and tech teams, so unless DH Full becomes more competent in this area, it's going to wait :( I'm open to any input if someone's willing to do the research.

zico4you, do you receive any error messages? Like I wrote, I have to alt+tab to desktop and then open DH window again from taskbar to see them, waiting definitely won't help. Also, do you install NWO2 using clean install of DH version 1.02? Version earlier than DH 1.02.b2 surely won't work because set of CSV files in db directory changed.

Israeli claim is surely a mistaken id, possibly in place of some other province that I had in mind. As for whether something should be regarded as a claim or a core, it's always a matter of debate but now when we have a distinction between one and another, it's easier. I'd say that Sinai because of lack of Jewish population there, is clearly a candidate for claims only. Jerusalem is debatable but it represents West Bank province as well which surely should pose a bigger problem for Israel to assimilate than its other provinces thus I made it a claim.