• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see that medium tank technology is being researched. Any real intention to build these?

The Generals seem to be interested in developing mechanised formations. They would be useful against Russia and against India, but whether we have the capability to produce them in large numbers remains to be seen.

The Generals dream of tanks and mechs, but to employ them en mass we still need a couple of factories :) and as we still got loads of MP its easier, more seductive to continue to produce hordes of infantry else the mechs are a must.

Surt,

please advise how you plan to expand the infrastructure upgrade program. IIRC, you agreed that a net would be more useful than a single line. I suggest two horizontal lines and two vertical, enabling the army to get supplies through regardless of partisans blocking one route. Would we need to upgrade the ports at the end of these lines more?

Gensui,
please advise on fleet setup once Cybvep has provided a rough list of servicable ships.

Check the gameplay thread for the list of ships, infra levels etc.

I think that the Guam Campaign was a strategic success, but a major operational/tactical failure, because many of our ships had to be sent back to ports. Well, at least the Americans ran out of steam and didn't intervene in PHI. The fact that we didn't lose any ships is good, too, but we won't defeat the USA by sinking 3 of their cruisers ;).

Last edited:
ugh Im loving this aar but damn these long distance updates are killing me! Take your time though, beating the US of A will be a challenge, especially when they join the allies and link up with UK naval forces.

Yeah, if the USA joins the Allies, then it will become harder to deny them the access to Pacific bases. We will also need even more GARs.

The worst nightmare would be Germany losing in Europe in 1942 and the UK and the SU DOWing Japan at the same time.

Sorry about the low update frequency, but discussions need to take place, plans need to be approved and I need to have some time for studying ;).

I also try to make updates long enough so that there is sth to read :).

Last edited:
Surt,

please advise how you plan to expand the infrastructure upgrade program. IIRC, you agreed that a net would be more useful than a single line. I suggest two horizontal lines and two vertical, enabling the army to get supplies through regardless of partisans blocking one route. Would we need to upgrade the ports at the end of these lines more?

I have posted a map of a rail net (3 times :) ), there are no duplicated lines nor cross lines, well we need to kill partisans fast and clear the lines if we are unlucky. If you want a 2nd horizontal we will take it from the Soviets, its called the Siberian railway, we can connect with it through the eastern Mongolian provinces. But in my experience no duplicates help as they wont get used, I did that in the first couple of games as Germany, but they just lay there empty, unused, only if no other route is available do they get used.

Also supplies only goes on the shortest route, preventing using alternative routes, which was a disappointment for me in my SF games.
Supply is pulled, not pushed as I would have preferred, but we have to live with it :)

As far as I can see it uses shortest path, but sometimes 2 provinces are the same distance to the depot which of the 2 it chooses might well be the one with the highest throughput.
You can check it on the supply map where the distance to the depot is shown, its easiest seen when a unit is far from all other.

Anyway, we will need several railways anyway, as we may fight in several places where supply situation will be a problem (India/Burma/Siberia). Fighting in 3/4-lvl infra provinces is hard. Of course, first we have to get there, so China has to be defeated, which is still not a fact.

Last edited:
Looks like the offensive in China is a bit bogged down. But atleast the US are being pushed back in the Pacific, slowly but surely.

This is quite true. The war in China has been raging for more than 2 years now. We are still doing better than Japan historically did in China, though.

True you have been doing fairly well in China, but you just need to succeed with the last push to win it, which would free up alot of manpower and maybe also some IC, which would then help with the war against the US. But i'm guessing you are have some supply problems in China, which doesn't help alot with winning overthere.

Terrain is bad. Plus, the Chinese just keep coming. I guess that they no longer have the capabilities they once had, since we control the most industrialised areas, but the annexation of Yunnan might have bolstered them a bit.

Generally I'm less optimistic than most of the IJN and the IJA, since I do not belive that China will fall as quickly as we would like it to fall. Even after the nationalists surrender, it would take months to simply WALK to all areas in northern China we want to control if there was no opposition and I some opposition is to be expected.

Last edited: