• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I introduced the problem to a programmer friend, who made a Windows-program based on JaceX's Python script (which I couldn't use, knowing nothing about Python and finding it too complicated for my basic common sense). I tested it briefly, and it seems to work like a charm. While waiting for the patch that fixes the problem at its root...

Ported version of JaceX python script into C# 3.5 with GUI.

0lyKa.png

Download: http://data.s.greenqloud.com/SengokuSaveFixer_0.2.rar

The program automatically takes backup of all saves it converts by renaming it into savefile.old

If you are getting an error downloading the file, try refreshing.

Program requires .Net Framework 3.5. Vista users as well as Windows 7 users should have it preinstalled.

Created by TheThing

I read this post earlier and thought how lucky I was that my saves were loading in just seconds... tonight my saves are taking up to 5 minutes to load? At one point I thought the game was not responding. Even when I quit the game to go back to the main menu it was taking a long time. Last night it was there is seconds. Whats changed other then my in game size and time played? So do I wait for the next patch or do I download a little file found here in the forum? Not full understanding the problem.

Hm, from the sounds of it you probably have something else going on as well. But the problem with the save games is that they fill up with stuff which gets repeated every time you save the game, currently. So then your load times get incrementally longer, according to the number of times that the save game has been reloaded and resaved. There are a couple of applications in this thread which strip out that repeated data. As with everything you download and use at your own risk and according to your own situation.

I downloaded the above rar file called SengokuSaveFixer_0.2 but my Nortons 2012 stopped it & removed the file saying it had a virus in it called WS.Reputation.1.

For real or a false positive, I will wait for the official patch now even if it means not playing Sengoku for a while. :(

I downloaded the above rar file called SengokuSaveFixer_0.2 but my Nortons 2012 stopped it & removed the file saying it had a virus in it called WS.Reputation.1.

For real or a false positive, I will wait for the official patch now even if it means not playing Sengoku for a while. :(

WS.Reputation.1 is not a virus. It is Norton's absurd way of marking a file 'unsafe' if they don't know the developer. If you developed an exe on your own machine and emailed it to yourself it would probably get the WS.Reputation.1 "virus". Very silly thing Norton is doing that needs much better explanation when the notification pops up:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99
http://community.norton.com/t5/Nort...tion-on-WS-Reputation-1-detection/td-p/232155

I scanned it with Avast and didn't raise any flags.

A easy way to resolve this with certainty would be to ask TheThing to post the source files too.

Last edited:
Yea, Avira didn't pop-up any alert either.

TheThing's windows program seems to have fixed the problem and the save file is working fine. This is certainly WAY easier than the Python script and thanks to JaceX, TheThing, and Krozam for posting this.

However, there are a few things that are unnecessarily cumbersome about the way TheThing created this which I'd change (and in fact, if you have him post the source code I'd be happy to change them).

The program is designed around the ability to fix ALL files in the save directory, yet once you've fixed all the files once, you only really need to fix 1 or 2. This flow actually isn't a bad idea but there are some interface considerations which could help:

• Add a Check All / Uncheck All box (there is actually one by default depending on which select list control he's using - not sure why he turned it off). Should probably uncheck all by default.
  • Allow manual input of the directory rather than slogging around in MS's Find Folder dialog. Since fixing a save is something you'd presumably do every time you save, it is much easier to cut and paste the directory in rather than using the find folder dialog (though it means having to validate the directory and add an error handler).
    • Alternatively: Just stash the first directory the user adds.

Thanks again!

Hmm... Admittedly my python script was too complicated... I spent too long making it that I was too tired to make a simplified gui. The input I had was just 1 file at a time...

I thank TheThing and Krozam for making the gui though!

I have found that even with the smaller save file, if you play on Sengoku for a long time (an hour or 2), then regardless of what save file you play, the load time becomes long... I wonder if the game itself is requiring more and more memory? Memory leak? Just a suggested possibility...

Hehe, not that it was too complicated, just that not everyone is running python so more complex than just downloading an exe (well, no gui too).

I was thinking about my suggestions earlier and a simpler suggestion to the input directory would be to just have it select its own directory as the default start dir - so whatever directory the exe was run from - so drop the SaveFixer.exe in the Saved Games folder and voila, no need to select a dir anymore.

If TheThing doesn't have time to fix that up, please post the code and I'll make the quick change - the app is great, but having to select the whole directory path every time is cumbersome.

This is so ridiculous...Does paradox use the same shit segment of code every time? They fixed this is DW, but failed to update their 'template'? It feels like they copy+pasted their past code and just worked on it from there. FFS, i hope(though highly doubt) CK2 doesn't have this on release. Get your act together! This is unacceptable.

Ok, here's an improved version of the save file fixer. Again, tested briefly and noticed no problems. TheThing is reading your replies, I'm just relaying his words because he doesn't have a Paradox game and thus can't post on this forum.

Thank you for your suggestions. I would love to reply to them all but unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me as I don't own the game xD
Anyways, I read over your suggestions and updated my program accordingly.

QHJIE.png

Download bin: http://data.s.greenqloud.com/SengokuSaveFixer_0.3.rar
Download src: http://data.s.greenqloud.com/SengokuSaveFixer_0.3_src.rar

Changelog:
  • Program remembers last file fixed as well as last folder selected.
  • When the program opens for first time it will automatically select the folder it is located in.
  • Added option of making if autoselecting the most recent save file in the folder on startup.
  • Added "Select all" and "Deselect" all buttons.
  • Changed the textbox so it's not read only. Allows for copy pasting of folder/file path (This should only be required once).

Yes, I got really bored :-/ I included the source file because some users requested it, I should note that it took only about 1 hour and a half to implement the changes (version 0.2 only took around 1 hour) so the source code is not something I'm really proud of. :p

Concernig the virus alert. I tested the program with Norton 2012 and it didn't find anything. Neither did VirusTotal. Of course if you don't trust me, that's fine by me as this was originally made for Krozam :)

Thanks for the effort, although I believe Paradox should be fixing this now not a third person. And nothing to do with not trusting, if a alert comes up one must take caution or there would be no use in owning antivirus program. :) Well I did say for real or false positive.

But My Norton 2012 security suite still wont allow the file to be used, it deletes it straight away. Just downloaded the savefixer 0.3 latest version and still sets Norton's alarms off?
I went into quarantine to allow it and its gone? I thought if it was deleted by Nortons it would be found in quarantine for me to remove or restore? Quarantine is empty? Maybe my Nort-2012 settings are up to high? thanks anyway.. oh well.
By the time I get this sorted out paradox will have released their new patch with this problem solved. LOL :)

The warning and my version of Nortons.

267warning3version.jpg

Last edited:
And nothing to do with not trusting, if a alert comes up one must take caution or there would be no use in owning antivirus program. :) Well I did say for real or false positive.

Did you read the links I posted from the Symantec website? That "virus" isn't a virus even by their definition. It is of course worthwhile to verify things yourself and this alert is merely an indication that they don't have any reputation information on the author. However, you have the best reputation information available in this thread... THE SOURCE CODE. I don't mind an aggressive AV program, what I don't like is when it is nearly impossible to subvert it - such as in this case. Good luck!

Yes I seen & read your links and I know its not a virus, your help is appreciated, but my stubborn current version of Nortons seems to be convinced otherwise, and there seem to be NO way of changing its mine. I will send off a email to Nortons explaining this situation. I should be able to allow or restore a file it finds and quarantines. Otherwise the antivirus program becomes a tyrant and is no better then what it is protecting against. LOL

Krozam. There may be an issue with your 0.3 version. If you have the exe anywhere outside the save folder, it will keep trying to load the save from the exe location regardless of where you browse to. Just an FYI.

And I am know very well Paradox has fixed the issue. I am very happy with their quick responses. I just like to help out where I can!