• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
euro axis will be ready for another assault like that, time to drop kick japan back to teh home islands

That was good combat here , with losses on both camps ...
The issue is still uncertain , as the USA stil has bad techs and lost a lot of divisions lately.

euro axis will be ready for another assault like that, time to drop kick japan back to teh home islands

Problem being that if the western Allies do not occupy the Euro Axis attention, Russia will have to pay for it, potentially knocking them out of the war. That'd make things really, really hard for the western Allies.

The USA is faring poorly. Too poorly. Its industrial capacity may be great, but it should be severely MP restricted at this point. It will take time for its MP reserves to grow sufficiently to compensate for such a rapid loss of divisions.

Quite realistic actually, had Roosevelt insisted on throwing the totally green US army into combat in Europe in 1941 it would have been a massacre.

14 divisions lost... OUCH... too bad HoI3 does not slam the US player with political events after such cathastrophical losses. :D

The US only lost ~150,000 men IN TOTAL 1942-1945 in the European and North African theatres. Here they lost it in just a couple of 1941 months ...

Problem being that if the western Allies do not occupy the Euro Axis attention, Russia will have to pay for it, potentially knocking them out of the war. That'd make things really, really hard for the western Allies.

Attacking japan outside the hime islands isn't very land unit intensive and a low countries invasion could be done simoltaniously (probly btr places for it but havent seen one done in an AAR yet and the ports there are super good)

Legendary level.:wacko:

Tooth for tooth battle here,but as i still maintain allies have the upper hand.

Forget invading the japanese home islands,if it wasn't for the losses suffered by the IJN,if the jap navy could win a significant victory against the pacific fleet..I would even attempt a diversionary invasion of the us west coast seeing us land power is at its lowest ebb atm.
This would at least put the huge amount of japanese land force to some good use as a distraction other than being held helpless by the infrastructure problems of the far east.

On the naval battles the royal navy won decisvely crushing the kreigsmarine's challenge.But while they won the battle i think the kreigsmarine did its job for which it was built,retaking the danish isles,they never were strong enough to pose a direct challenge to the RN..So strategically their operation was a success.
And even the german player hadn't got a little carried away he could have saved them too.

In italy though both sides suffered heavy losses,the allies won a far more decisive victory with the stockpile and superior german divisions lost.
But worst of all for the axis gave the soviets time to regroup.

Any screenshot of the eastern and far eastern fronts with the soviet union?
The map showing the limit of axis advance will do.
Looking forward.

Attacking japan outside the hime islands isn't very land unit intensive and a low countries invasion could be done simoltaniously (probly btr places for it but havent seen one done in an AAR yet and the ports there are super good)

Problem being that the Axis will see that the Allies are attacking in both places, hence can deduce that their enemy can't be strong in both theatres. Plus the IJN has suffered some losses but is far from beaten. The UK still have to to most of the fighting as their techs, most importantly their doctrines, are more advanced, so the USN isn't that much of a help right now and their infantry formations are just speed bumps for the Axis tanks. The Japanese infantry, while possibly not as advanced as their German counterparts, will at least have a lot more combat experience as well.

Really stunning AAR here! I love the intense reports and no one can really say how this game will envolve, even if some may have stated (and that's my oppinion, too), that the allies have the initiative on their side and so far achieved some strategic victories.
However, keep up the nice reporting, it is, as said before, a real pleasure to follow this from the first entry on. Even if I miss reports from other fronts a bit. Maybe one or two of your mates will provide some more infos during this AAR. That surely would be great.

On behalf of the game: I think axis will now garrison Italy homeland far better than before, but that will keep forces away from Russia. Also they always must take the risk of operational landings on other fronts. With such good coordinated operations it is possible that the allied players will show up on other critical regions as well, so the axis always have to be worried about landings everywhere.
Beside that, and given how low infos are presented about the eastern front, I think if axis can focus on the Bear and are able to achieve some good victories, it can get a very very close game.

Good job and good luck!

The succesfull invasion of Italy was a nail to the coffin of the Axis in the long run.
It will be interesting to see, how the game will end though.

Axis has at least the chance to go down fighting and kicking hard, like a "true Samurai" with a sad poem about Cherry blossoms for their day of defeat...

It will be interesting if they can still pull of some surprises that will spice up this AAR...

On the IJN - I don't think that the IJN will be able to secure the necessary naval superiority needed fo any significant overseas expansion.

Al the last engagements ended terrible for the IJN - with relatively equal forces in the battles.
This indicates for me that JAP must be behind in Sea doctrines and maybe CAG tech upgrades as well.

-> I don't see the IJN standing a chance vs the sheer numbers USN and RN kann throw at them.

I also wonder if the Allies have started sinking significant numbers of convoys, as JAP is very vulnerable to this right now. (As every sb hunting sortie is a suicide mission.)

As allways: Thanks for the update!
Thelamon

PS
Captain Easy - the Guns we saw at the Soviet WWII monument were soviet ML-20 152mm gun-howitzers.

Authors note: The port of Kopenhagen is lit, as if used. Well, it is. By a British submarine unable to get out as the Sound is closed. But is still doesn’t vanish but let me see Kopenhagen and all three surrounding provinces. What a bug. Still, it is an easy prey for German bombings.

No, as you cannot bomb owned provinces.

Germany dared to attack by sea... and Italy also did not so long ago.

The CA lost are no biggie, CAs are junk, no sane player will build one, so those are all old ships. Losing new CLs and destroyers hurts more.

Neither the Germans or the Italians have lost BBs. Japan lost one, but no carriers. This means the British still need to watch all three sea fronts. In the Pacific the Americans might be enough, but they seem unable to achieve superiority over Japan. At least yet.

I don't see why people think the Allies are winning. Germany keeps advancing in the East. Italy took a major blow, but Italy is secondary, and although they lost their stockpile, they immedately captured Bulgaria's. Although probably it was far smaller, it will keep Italy running for a while.

If the Allies win it will be mostly because CptEasy is playing masterfully. So far he has made no major mistake and lost very few troops. This cannot be said for the players of Italy or France/USA. Germany appeared to start slow and clumsy, but the last few post show it is being played also by an excellent player that has managed to build an unstoppable land army and still have a great air force and a menacing fleet. Japan also seems to be doing very well.

All in all, this is a very interesting AAR!

Last edited:
No, as you cannot bomb owned provinces.

Actually, Germany can still bomb and sink that sub in Copenhagen. Not directly - just park a CV / CVL there and let the CAG do its job. I don't remember if the German CV is still alive or not. I've done it myself to RN ships stuck in Gibraltar.

Actually, Germany can still bomb and sink that sub in Copenhagen. Not directly - just park a CV / CVL there and let the CAG do its job. I don't remember if the German CV is still alive or not. I've done it myself to RN ships stuck in Gibraltar.

I did that once in Gibraltar, expect to take some damage on your own ships too, I think it acts like a port attack on all ships there, including your own.

Germany has not yet built a 'unstoppable land army' as is being pointed out,they have been unable to significantly damage the war making capability of the ussr,and f they fail in doing so in summer 1941the end of 1941 techs will be catching up and the soviet juggernaut will begin to roll.
The 1941 summer will be the key moment in the eastern front when the panzers must surely make one massive eastern push.

Having local superiority with panzers means nothing unless they crack th reds and quickly.