• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mikey1871

Colonel
21 Badges
Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Hi, sorry to say this, but i'm really getting sick and tired of so many others here complaining about the persons at Paradox dragging their damn feet about releasing the patches.

It shouldn't take that long to release patches, PERIOD! The people on both the DH and IC and AOD teams are quite competent to know how to write a patch for the things, mods/games, that they created.

That being said, there shouldn't be week or weeks of delay from the "Great Paradox" and I really am being facetious about calling Paradox great at anything except pissing off the people who spend their hard earned monies on Paradox things.

We already have more than enough things to piss us off about in the world. We DO not need a company that we go to get relief from the tribulations of the real world to also "piss us off".

I have always enjoyed the items from Paradox and I've been playing their games since before HOI 1 came out. BUT, my patience and giving them the proverbial "benefit of the doubt" is seriously getting too old.

SO if someone can tell me where i can tell Johan and his damnable crew to "get their collective arses in gear and release the damn patch". I would be quite grateful.

Well they listened to us

And guess what? They released the patch and its buggy.

I hear ya mikey. It's just a fact of life that games like this from Paradox are not totally ready to be played for right about a year after their initial release. So, you just need to accept that fact and be patient. If you look at all of the games and senerios in the HOI series its around a year or so to get all of the bugs fixed. You know by the 8th patch or so its ready to go. IC was released a yr ago & as soon as the team here gets this latest patch released it will finally be playable.

For instance I'm not going to even touch DH until this time next yr. Even though I would love to jump into it, it's not going to be playable until then.

I hear ya mikey. It's just a fact of life that games like this from Paradox are not totally ready to be played for right about a year after their initial release. So, you just need to accept that fact and be patient. If you look at all of the games and senerios in the HOI series its around a year or so to get all of the bugs fixed. You know by the 8th patch or so its ready to go. IC was released a yr ago & as soon as the team here gets this latest patch released it will finally be playable.

For instance I'm not going to even touch DH until this time next yr. Even though I would love to jump into it, it's not going to be playable until then.

So, it's kinda like Microsoft wheeling out a new OS then huh? LOL damn, that's kinda nasty comparing Paradox to Microsoft and windows crap. But, yes, ur correct. we as consumers do expect a lot from companies, like them actually releasing something that should work the first time. DH isn't that bad if you just want to try the WW1 scenario.

I don't understand? the team who made IC says they finished the patch and it works for them, But your saying that the patch that Paradox released is really buggy? That makes NO logical sense and computers and their programs are very logical in how they do things. But..... oh well.

I have installed IC on armageddon and darkest hour both with all the latest patches. I have reported bugs, so have many other people.

I wouldnt say computers are logical, I'd say they were idiot savants. Very VERY good at doing what they are told by the programmer.

Hi, sorry to say this, but i'm really getting sick and tired of so many others here complaining about the persons at Paradox dragging their damn feet about releasing the patches.

It shouldn't take that long to release patches, PERIOD! The people on both the DH and IC and AOD teams are quite competent to know how to write a patch for the things, mods/games, that they created.

That being said, there shouldn't be week or weeks of delay from the "Great Paradox" and I really am being facetious about calling Paradox great at anything except pissing off the people who spend their hard earned monies on Paradox things.

We already have more than enough things to piss us off about in the world. We DO not need a company that we go to get relief from the tribulations of the real world to also "piss us off".

I have always enjoyed the items from Paradox and I've been playing their games since before HOI 1 came out. BUT, my patience and giving them the proverbial "benefit of the doubt" is seriously getting too old.

SO if someone can tell me where i can tell Johan and his damnable crew to "get their collective arses in gear and release the damn patch". I would be quite grateful.

With all respect to Paradox, i must agree with You. Whatever one may say, in case of Europa engine based games they are (games :p) so popular thanks to the mods, so the community must know, what is good. It's even more relevant for those remade by community - AoD, DH, IC. Afterall, what does Paradox really risks in case of remaded games ?