+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: HoI III: For the Motherland 3.05 patch

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Could someone please confirm, can I or can I not use PI patch 3.05 installer for FTM Steam version? Can't wait the official release from Steam.

Bah no content, no new features only bugfixes. Whole FTM is patch.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

That's what patches are for? But shift-select is new nonetheless. You're welcome though.
    Relentless madman.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by tst81 View Post
    Could someone please confirm, can I or can I not use PI patch 3.05 installer for FTM Steam version? Can't wait the official release from Steam.
    Don't think so.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson View Post
    so this one defines the amount of supplies through a port...ie when set at 6, each level of port can ship in 6 supplies, so a level 10 can bring in 60 (was 40 previously), and a level 1 can do 6 (was 4).

this means we've got a 50% efficiency increase from the last patch?
    Exactly.
    Relentless madman.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

has top speed got even faster?!

Top speed = as fast as your PC can run it. Podcat might have optimised stuff further though, that's the kinda thing he does.
    Relentless madman.

This is absolutely totally freakin awesome. I love it... thank you.

Midnight Sun: Denmark AAR 1936 - In progress

Aut Vincer Aut Mori

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Top speed = as fast as your PC can run it. Podcat might have optimised stuff further though, that's the kinda thing he does.
    yeah there was an optimization graphics wise (but that uses cpu also) in mapmodes without trees, also convoy raiding code was pretty slow if there were many convoys and is faster now. probably other things as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tankist/45 View Post
    you realize you posted this in a patch thread right? this patch doesnt have many features like the last one but focuses more on balance and fixing annoying problems, but imo highlighting selected air units/base range in air mapmode is pretty neat and the selection improvement. there are also a couple of new decisions and events which imo are at least small features in my book..

Quote Originally Posted by tst81 View Post
    no, but someone mentioned on page one (I think) that there was some temporary solution zip file on the steam forums. I havent had a look so I cant confirm.
    Last edited by podcat; 05-08-2011 at 01:08.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    no, but someone mentioned on page one (I think) that there was some temporary solution zip file on the steam forums. I havent had a look so I cant confirm.
    Yes, I noticed. I think I'll wait for the official release after all. Thank you for the patch & keep up the good work!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tankist/45 View Post
    Fewer annoying bugs = MORE PLEASURE PLAYING NOW. That is a HUGE feature!

I have already played for over a year game time, and it is the absolute best EXPERIENCE yet for me...

I can't thank you guys enough!
    If you build a fire for a man, you can keep him warm for a day.
    If you set the man on fire, you can keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISengokuVictoria 2

Any thought on 3.04 savegames running in 3.05? Restart or keep going?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Exactly.
    wasn't that naval base efficency already in sempi fi , you just put it in static modifers

HoI3 SF LUA Developer Demi Moderator Lothos's Avatar
    67 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic Assault
    HOI3: Their Finest HourImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesRise of PrussiaHoi 2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by fbaker4 View Post
    Any thought on 3.04 savegames running in 3.05? Restart or keep going?
    You will have to restart withought a doubt to many changes!
    HoI3 (FTM, TFH) LUA AI Developer
    HoI2 Lead Script AI Developer
    TRP Download Page
    TRP for HoI 3

Great post about TRP for HoI 3

"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."!

I am glad to receive that which I paid $20 for at day 1. I won't thank you in any special way, because you don't deserve it.
    "I would prefer not to see anyone suffer, not to do harm to anyone. But when I realize that the species is in danger, then in my case sentiment gives way to the coldest reason." - Adolf Hitler

Code:
    - added possibility to select multiple units by holding SHIFT and pressing SELECT at the "selected units list" panel.
    Best change ever? I think so.
    Couldn't agree more - micro-managers rejoice!

And, if you don't mind me asking, what's next Paradox? The patches have come with far greater regularity than I can remember in other games. Are you still working with the community (ie. maps) and with Lothos on the Lua for future patches or is the core game about where you imagined it? Just curious, always like having something to look forward to. Anticipation if half the pleasure imo.

HoI3 SF LUA Developer Demi Moderator Lothos's Avatar
    67 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic Assault
    HOI3: Their Finest HourImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesRise of PrussiaHoi 2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDude View Post
    I am glad to receive that which I paid $20 for at day 1. I won't thank you in any special way, because you don't deserve it.
    Does the fact I am doing this for free to make your game a happy experience mean anything hehe?

no I don't work for PI but I been working on this game since SF because I like it
    HoI3 (FTM, TFH) LUA AI Developer
    HoI2 Lead Script AI Developer
    TRP Download Page
    TRP for HoI 3

Great post about TRP for HoI 3

"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."!

Not wanting to be a party pooper but I don't know whether to be ecstatic at such a long list of bug fixes, or disappointed that there were (still) so many problems with the game...

Still, thanks for putting in some effort - even at this late stage. While no program is ever perfect and finally we have a reasonable platform for playing WW2 grand strategy, you have to admit that you might have fumbled a little bit with the HOI franchise this time around. Next time take smaller bites and chew your food properly before trying to swallow...

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    - ships take more strength damage from combat
    Does this include damage from CAGs etc, or just ship-to-ship damage?

Edit: rather than wait for a reply, I went ahead and loaded the "Day of Infamy" starting point and tried carrier combat out myself. And the verdict is... damage to ships from CAGs is way up, carriers are extremely dangerous even to battleships, and port strikes are actually somewhat effective. That's with 1941 tech, of course.
    Last edited by marginoferror; 05-08-2011 at 02:05.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbal View Post
    Not wanting to be a party pooper but I don't know whether to be ecstatic at such a long list of bug fixes, or disappointed that there were (still) so many problems with the game...

Still, thanks for putting in some effort - even at this late stage. While no program is ever perfect and finally we have a reasonable platform for playing WW2 grand strategy, you have to admit that you might have fumbled a little bit with the HOI franchise this time around. Next time take smaller bites and chew your food properly before trying to swallow...
    I usually play games with little or no support, as that is the prime and superior evidence of the game being flawless at release.
    Montgomery to Colonial secretary Oliver Lyttelton 23 December 1951:

“Dear Lyttelton, Malaya
    We must have a plan. Secondly we must have a man.
    When we have a plan and a man, we shall succeed: otherwise not.
    Yours sincerely , Montgomery (F.M.)”

Lyttelton in his memoirs: “I may, perhaps without undue conceit, say that this had occurred to me”.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast