• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's getting crowded here in France, and Herr Tamius has offered me a position in powerful Germany, which I could not refuse.

(France had 3 players and Germany, which is harder, had only 1, hence the change)

It's okay, I don't hate more than before.

It's OK, he was never officially listed as a French diplomat anyway, :p

reis91 is now aligned with Germany, he is still allowed to win the game with Germany (as the game has not technically officially started yet)

Germany, Spring 1901

The situation is tense. Beset on all sides by former and actual antagonists, the German Empire must rely on it's diplomatic and military prowess in order to survive. But it also has a vital position at the very heart of Europe, a dedicated Volk, and mighty Armee's to defend the Fatherland.

To the North, the United Kingdom, a strong naval power with ambitions on the continent. Their strong defensive position and naval supremacy allows them to be more daring in their political and military maneuvers. Germany is open to an understanding with this mighty power.
To the West, France, fully recovered from the wounds of the German attack on Paris, and desiring revenge, willing to start an Entente with the Devil to reach their goals.
To the South, our cultural brothers, who have difficulties of their own, but whose success may cause them to turn their eyes to our belly, to reclaim hegemony over Germany.
To the East, the Devil himself, the Russian czar. Commanding a large army and navy, Russia has never been stronger. The army reforms which abolished the Streltski turned Russia's disorganized and low-quality army into a respectable force. And they have their eyes set everywhere, from Norway to Smyrna.

Leaving as more distant powers Turkey and Italy. The first is bent on recovering it's lost lands and the glory of the Ottoman Empire. They may work with the Devil to achieve that goal, but Germany will not tolerate such aggression.
Italy has designs on Austrian territory, but it is in an awkward place, between France and Austria-Hungary. Their support would prove most useful, but other nations will be able to offer better deals than Germany. A word of advice to Italy, the other powers will generally make deals that leave you with the short end of the deal. Italy is a worthy pawn to countries like France, A-H, Russia. You'll have to deal with some of them, but refuse to be shafted in deals. Make them pay for your aid, as it is vital to them.

I may not seem entirely fair in diplomacy, referring to Russia as the Devil, but it is the country with most SC's at start, and it is a corner power, meaning that it can focus more forces on one front. Furthermore, it has potential for devastating alliances in game, ENG/FRA/RUS (the Entente) and RUS/TUR (Juggernaut). Still, if the russian leaders show themselves to be reasonable (or if someone else starts blobbing), I will revise my opinion about Russia.

102px-Wappen_%C3%96sterreichische_L%C3%A4nder_1915_(Klein).png

We`d like to inform our dear german brother, that the proper plural of Armee is Armeen. :)

Players are encouraged and allowed to forge private messages from each other. Players are encouraged and allowed to forge private messages from the GM. Players are encouraged and allowed to use anything within the realms of physical possibility to win this game (so long as it isn't illegal or against forum rules ;) )

Wait, first you say that people ARE allowed to break forum rules, then you say that they're not supposed to do anything against forum rules... ("you will not impersonate" goes against forging PMs)
strictly speaking..

I'd be willing to join any nation as a diplomat/admiral/general/whathaveyou.

Wait, first you say that people ARE allowed to break forum rules, then you say that they're not supposed to do anything against forum rules... ("you will not impersonate" goes against forging PMs)
strictly speaking..

You just want to keep a closer eye on things so that you can ban anyone who breaks the forum rules, dont you! I know your sinister plans, "ForzaA", if that is your real name.

:D

We currently have, Austria-Hungary, Turkey & Russia without junior Diplomats, im sure one of them will be fine with you joining...

EDIT: Italy requests all Diplomats to free up their inbox's.

Last edited:
102px-Wappen_%C3%96sterreichische_L%C3%A4nder_1915_(Klein).png

We, Franz Joseph I., Kaiser von Österreich, hereby ennoble Mister Forzaa and appoint Herzog Forzaa von Salzburg to be our new Foreign Minister.

Last edited:
I humbly and gratefully accept your majesty's appointment.

I also have another question to the GM - I'm not sure if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I'd appreciate a clarification/ explicit statement on control of supply centers.

I humbly and gratefully accept your majesty's appointment.

I also have another question to the GM - I'm not sure if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I'd appreciate a clarification/ explicit statement on control of supply centers.

A supply center (or any territory) switches to the control of a Great Power if a unit is in control of it by the end of the Fall Order Phase. A Great Power may then build Armies and/or Fleets to get their number of units equal to supply centers. A Great Power may never have more units than supply centers. When building units a Great Power may only build those units on one of the original supply centers their country owns (example, Austria must build any new units it gets in Vienna, Budapest, or Trieste), though that province must be empty at the time, as there may only ever be one unit in any province at one time.

That about covers it.

Taiisatai64 said:
Hm, I began the game a bit early it seems. The starting deadline for me is midnight tonight. The orders I sent to you, Joeb, still stand I hope?

The game doesn't start for ~ 1 more hour. I will accept the orders that have been sent to me prematurely if they are valid orders.

Last edited: