• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got two quick, and probbly very stupid, questions:

a) Can I buy the AHD expansion as a hardcopy? Or is it dl only?
b) Can I buy it somewhere else then in the steam online shops?

Thank you, for helping me out. :)

Is there an absoultely guarenteed way to change your government quickly?

Is there an absoultely guarenteed way to change your government quickly?

If you want to use the console to change it, press ~ and use one of these events below.

Event 60000 - Proletarian Dictat.
Event 60010 - Presidential Dictat.
Event 60020 - Bourgeois Dictat.
Event 60030 - Fascist Dictat.
Event 60040 - Absolute Monarchy
Event 60050 - Democracy
Event 60060 - Prussian Constitutionalism
Event 60070 - HM's Government

EDIT: Note that some of the changes lower your prestige as well as change your social and political reforms (Voting, School systems, etc.)

Last edited:
Just got a question; I've created Kazakhstan as a country and I'd like to give the cores to Khiva, Bukkara and Kokand. IF I give them the core of Kazakhstan, how will they manage to form Kazakhstan? The event in Politics when forming any other nation, will the same event be in the Politics tab of any of these countries, without me having to modify anything?
To form Kazakhstan countries must be in cultural union and Kazakhstan must have cultural tag. See union= lines in cutures.txt. Countries can use standard decision to form cultural union which require
Code:
allow = {
			is_greater_power = yes
			prestige = 45
			war = no
			cultural_union = {
				all_core = {
					OR = {
						owned_by = THIS
						owner = {
							in_sphere = THIS
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
Or make you own decision like in my mod (form_turkestan), where you can form Turkestan.

If you want to use the console to change it, press ~ and use one of these events below.

Event 60050 - Democracy

What would Communism be?

Event 60050 - Democracy

Thank you so much.

I need suggestions on how to play as Manhattan Commune as well as New England, I'm thinking about playing as them but I'm not sure which direction I should pursue.

Quick questions about unifications:

How or where can i change the name of the new country?

The localisation folder ([your installation location]/localisation). Hunt around for the country's tag (using GER as example) and change the bit after the first semicolon (Germany) to whatever you like. Alternatively, to save hunting about, create a new localisation file, making sure it comes alphabetically before any other localisation file.

Then add one line in it. For example, in my Victoria 2 localisation folder I have a file called 00tamius.csv with the following contents:

Code:
MUG_proletarian_dictatorship;Shaybanid People's Republic;;;;;;;;;;;;x

So you could have:

Code:
GER;[insert name here];;;;;;;;;;;;x

The bits after the second and third semicolons are for the other languages.

Can i change the color on the map of it?

Again using Germany as an example, you would go to the file [your installation's location]/common/countries/Germany.txt and change the very first line.

I'm playing as Egypt and nobody can sphere me because they use all of their influence to discredit one another. Is there a way I can just add myself to someones sphere so that they stop hopelessly trying. Also as a side note, I have actually yet to see Egypt sphered by any AI player. I suspect that they continuously get stuck in a discredit loop and I always have to build it myself.

I'm playing as Egypt and nobody can sphere me because they use all of their influence to discredit one another. Is there a way I can just add myself to someones sphere so that they stop hopelessly trying. Also as a side note, I have actually yet to see Egypt sphered by any AI player. I suspect that they continuously get stuck in a discredit loop and I always have to build it myself.

You can improve relations with the GP of your choice, which will increase their ability to gain influence over you; that's about it.