• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two questions:

1. If rebels take over your nation, is it game over?

2. How do you become a Great Power, or to a lesser extent how do you improve your nations standing in the world.

If rebels take over your nation, your government type will change and you will lose prestige. depending on the rebel types, this may be a good or a bad thing.

Becoming a great power entails bringing the sum of your military prestige and industry scores to be one of the top 8 in the world. increase industry by building and staffing factories, army by building capital ships, raising more troops, and upgrading your equipment. Increase prestige by unlocking prestige techs (culture), winning wars, and unocking african colonial land. Also converting colonies to states.

You need to be a GP or Secondary power.
You need to have a naval base near someplace colonizable.
You need to have the appropriate techs to bring down liferating for colonization.

I think he means 'how do you turn colonies into states'? To which the answer is that you need 1% of the colony's population to be bureaucrats of an accepted/main culture. After that, you press the little button next to the name of the colony and voila...

Sorry, misread the question.
Yes, the trick is getting primary culture bureaucrats in the colony. A tall order when your own population and colonial migration are low.

Another question. (sorry only got this last weekend)

How do you change your government easily? I am playing as Japan and the government changed from Abs. Monarchy to Prussian Constituntionism (spelling, sorry). I want to change the gov too communist.

You need communist rebels to occupy Edo for a year. How to get it? I don't know

As Japan I've found particulary hard to change the gov type. I have as appointed party the liberal party and it only has a 25% of the upper house while the right-wing parties have most than a 60%

You need communist rebels to occupy Edo for a year. How to get it? I don't know

As Japan I've found particulary hard to change the gov type. I have as appointed party the liberal party and it only has a 25% of the upper house while the right-wing parties have most than a 60%

Maybe I should just select the event options that say "Communism in X increased by Y" and the others that say Increase Communism militancy by Y in X provence.

Hy,

I play with prussia and have a question about Switzerland.
There is a region called Neuchâtel. Why is it belonging to prussia but i never got a CB to get it ?
(History tolds me that Neuchâtel was property of Fredderick I in Prussia and later Frederik William III of Prussia -> Neuchâtel Crisis of 1856–57 )

ok, but when i check diplo-menu -> there is a CB (gain core) but when i start a war i can´t chose this

You can't use an "acquire core" CB on a capital region. You can use a "restore order" CB on a capital region, but not unless you have cores on every province in the region and the country has no other regions.

This is an example of why the Acquire core CB should give only the cores and not the entire state. This core, for example, is completely useless. A question, is it modable?

Ok, i've only just started to get into Vic2 after getting AHD and I have that most basic of newbie problems: how in the heck do I make factories profitable?

I'm playing as Ireland and my capitalists have produced for me a wide range of industries which i have stocked full of craftsmen and clerks. Now, when the factories are idling at little to no capacity, they show a profit, but as soon as workers are assigned, it drops to a massive loss. Unless a factory is subsidized, it will not hire anyone.

This applies to every, single factory, from machine parts (which I remember from vanilla V2 as being wildly profitable), to basic industry, to consumer industry. I had a luxury furniture factory which was making a profit, which suddenly went bankrupt for no apparent reason.

I've tried playing with the tariffs, building a national stockpile, free-market shock-therapy, building prestige. Nothing. All factories cannot turn a profit, especially when fully staffed. Subsidies drain my national income and send me into debt. I didn't notice any difference when I was sphered by GB and then lost that sphere when i briefly became a GP.

Any advice for the poor emerald isle?

Any advice for the poor emerald isle?

Yes, the fact that they wont turn a profit when fully manned is because they have to pay the workers dont they? You cant except people to work for no pay.

Just got a question; I've created Kazakhstan as a country and I'd like to give the cores to Khiva, Bukkara and Kokand. IF I give them the core of Kazakhstan, how will they manage to form Kazakhstan? The event in Politics when forming any other nation, will the same event be in the Politics tab of any of these countries, without me having to modify anything?