• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandmann

General
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2002
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
Aachen: From the valleys of Rhein

I bring you Aachen, the small but ambitious state with the black eagle crest. Yet to be respected through the valleys of Rhein and the Rheinlander people a new era has begun.

startia.jpg

This AARchen will tell the story of how the Stadradt of Aachen in 1399 decided to elect a new line of leaders to lead the Aachen administrative republic syndicate under the black eagle flag out of the valley of Rhein and towards great honor, glory and eventually space. The low infame was honored (Inofficially the Stadradt realised that having alot of infamy would be catastrophical for trade relations and the future of Aachen)

Chapter one 1399-1414

The Stadradt held a meeting around the round table in Aachen; how can we dominate the valley of Rhein and even beyond, strengthening our position? Through economical muscles of course, we need to be more centralised, and so a step toward centralisation was taken.

d28katz06cutk20.jpg

85201979.jpg

78666471.jpg

In 1402 a new leader of the state was elected, tho he didnt last more than a few year and his name was not worth to be remembered. He died in a battle in the first war, know as the war of Trier-Cologne. With the help of 6000 men from the Rheinlander brothers of Lorraine, Trier was conquered and the provinces of Koblenz was seized. To everyones surprise and happiness, the holy roman emperor of Bohemia intervened but her dreadful armies never reached the valleys of Rhein, the reason remains unknown and is waiting to be enlightened.

The Stadradt saw the chance to simultaneously declare war on cologne and seize their land too. Gelre amongst other intervened and was conquered but the Stadradt of Aachen saw the very fast growing monster of Burgundy and left Gelreland to not be annexed as it was the core land of Burgundy. Instead Gelre payed a sum of 60 ducats.

Aachen was again at peace, now three times bigger than before!

It's now 1412 and a claim on the rivals of Aachen took place, glorious Aachen will be retreiving it's long lost land of the ancestors!

22795843.jpg

Two new wars was declared in the valleys of Rhein, The palatinate and the capital of Trier was now besieged by 6000 Black eagles of Aachen.

52618703.jpg

The war went well, again the Stadradt was overjoyed of the fact the the holy roman imperial troops was engaged in bavarian wars and again never made it across the forestclad valleys of the river Rhein. Peace was settled, the Stadradt and Aachen saw the beginning of new prosperous era with the retrival of the ancestral lands and their brother people of Trier and the Palatinate.

65708548.jpg

The story of the black eagles of Aachen is to be continued.

Last edited:
Wow, nice how quickly you went from a OPM to a small local power. Who is next on your hit list, Cleves or Hesse.

Won't the high infamy hurt trade though?

Note that I left the HRE on the first day to be able to expand without the unlawful imperial territory. Yes I'ts about 10 in the start but its needed to get a good start, dont have much ducats to spend on trade anyway first years but in the long run I will keep it low, expanding through missions, vassallisation, sphere of influence, PU and defensive wars.

Wow, nice how quickly you went from a OPM to a small local power. Who is next on your hit list, Cleves or Hesse.

Got a core on Cleves and hessen in the 'claims on our rivals' event, they're up next!

Thanks, ye Burgundy..you know you tend to ignore a problem as long as you can sometimes, I will have wait for a good moment when they are like in war with France and I have a mission on them or hopefully I have grown strong enough when they DoW me and can get a strong ally to help me, trying to keep high relation with outside HRE powers as the HRE states rep drops fast everytime I deal with someone inside the HRE.

Last edited:
Chapter two; marching out of the valley and into Germany 1414-1422​

At the Stadradt council, syndicate leader Friedrich Philipp Dammerscheidt threw the question out;

-"What can we do to have the financial strength to expand our trade in Europe and gain advantages from the profit?"

The Stadradt united behind the decision that further expansion and unification of the german people was necessary!

As the decision was made, Friedrich Philipp Dammerscheidt personally lead his now ten thousand men strong army toward Cleves.

18175070.jpg

The declaration of war was done and syndicate leader Freidrich moved into Cleves without being defeated. A month after, war was also declared on Hessen, her 7000 men strong army had a year earlier been crushed in the woods of Bavaria and the defence of Hessen was a minimal 2000 Hessian soldiers.

51184283.jpg

At the same time, Burgundy's power had grown big so fast as never seen before, grabbing all her cores. Still Burgundy didn't have any casus belli on Aachen, the black birds cry and war was not yet to come upon the homeland of Aachen.

34340711.jpg

Despite astonishing astronomical events taking place, a large treasure of 150 ducats had been taken in the war versus Brunswick and full scale trade could be established.

55864391.jpg

69568646.jpg

To make the point toward the holy roman empire, no provinces must be a part of it anymore.

14760710.jpg

The Stadradt counciled, what is our next step? Our trade is established up north in Lübeck. We must go east and north to grow in the threat from the west, we will march out of our valley and into Germany!

42252002.jpg

Also this time the resistance was futile. In june 1421 alarm came from scouts that the remaining 7000 men army of HRE Bohemia had crossed the Oder river and the allies of Aachen joined the battle of Brunswick on the 2nd of July 1421. Aachen and it's allies came out of the battle victorious, the army of Bohemia was a shadow of it's former strength after war with the raging Golden Horde in the east.

57165077.jpg

To be continued.

Very fast expansion:-?.At this rate Germany will probably have wars with the Golden Horde:)Good job with the AAR

Yes the goal is to expand trade, tech and to expand the territory as much as I can without having more than about 1-5 infame. I have never done a WC and I dont think I will but I wanna see how close I can get without going badboy. Overextension I can take tho it's annoying. Thanks!

Leaving the HRE is an interesting choice, but I can sympathize with your decision. In my own AAR, I know all too well how meddlesome the Emperor can be, although as a large German state, you'd have a decent shot at becoming Emperor yourself some day.