• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pretty impressive Army.
I can't wait to see the Airforce and the Navy.

As General Steiner is commanding our tanks, victory is sure. :D

I like the introduction. A new way to sum up the story. Good, good.

Is liberation of Britain and France still on the agenda, or is the Synicalist threat in America the only focus on Canadian attention?

Is liberation of Britain and France still on the agenda, or is the Synicalist threat in America the only focus on Canadian attention?

I tihkn that the CSA should be defeated first. It's rather difficult to liberate an overseas territory when you have a powerhouse raping you back at home.

I don't think you'll be able to pull this out.

Because of the CSA? The situation in North America was similar in his last one, and he was able to do it. Canada is a lot stronger this time around, so I am confident he can take the CSA. With the Californian's on his side too, his chances are pretty good I think.

Because of the CSA? The situation in North America was similar in his last one, and he was able to do it. Canada is a lot stronger this time around, so I am confident he can take the CSA. With the Californian's on his side too, his chances are pretty good I think.

It'll be hard as Hell, but he'll come through. The good guys always win anyway.

It'll be hard as Hell, but he'll come through. The good guys always win anyway.

In Kaiserreich, I don't know who's good and who's bad...All I see if countries sending men to bludgeon each other with sock 'um boppers.

@ trekaddict: They are working mainly on civil use of nuclear energy now (and secretly on military use of it), but generally, nuclear weapons didn't really find their place under the sun in this universe. I'll explain this later.

@ General_Hoth: Worry not, Quebecoise Syndies will surely cause me a lot of trouble. ;)

@ Alfredian: Liberation of UK and France is still on agenda, but CSA is top priority.

@ zoli1984: It's too early to think about future status of Europe yet.

@ everyone, thanks for your comments! I'm very happy to have such a great response from you. I hope you'll continue to enjoy the story.

Canada
6-Aug-2003
1500 hrs

The second part of report that was delivered to His Majesty later was done in early afternoon and described the state of another branch of Canadian military: Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). Main goal of RCAF remained the protection of Canadian airspace. Despite being potent force, a 2nd strongest air force in Americas, its capacities were devoted to prevent enemy air superiority over Canada and to halt or at least slow down enemy ground invasion by offering air support to ground units, striking enemy soft targets (supply convoys, mobile communication hubs, troop concentrations with weak anti-air defense...). Structure of armanent was devoted to this cause.

Concord Airbase hosted those units:
- 5 squadrons of advanced strike fighters
- 4 squadrons of strike fighters, made of older models
- 6 squadrons of close air support aircraft

Strike fighters are multirole fighters, specialized for attacking ground targets, but still being able of decent air-to-air combat, altough not being so capable in such efforts as other multirole fighters. On the other hand, close air support aircraft are bringers of destruction to the ground targets, but their full specialization for ground attacks makes them almost useless against enemy fighters.
air_3.jpg

RCAF armament relies on heavy cooperation between Canada and New California Republic (NCR), heir of Pacific States of America. Early alliance with this nation gained Canada access to the rich world of American aircraft industry, mostly concentrated on the West Coast where Pacific States were born. Modern aircraft, used by Canada, NCR and many UNA nations, were born from cooperation between strong West Coast companies like Northrop Grumman, Boeing and Lockheed, and traditional Canadian aerospace designers like Bombardier. Core of Canadian air superiority enforcing force was made of five squadrons of short-range multirole fighters and four squadrons of long-range multirole fighters.
air_1.jpg

800px-Canadian_CF-18_2.jpg

Canadian CF-18 over the Hawaii, Dominion in Royal Commonwealth of Nations.

Reserve force of three squadrons of old NCR-manufactured fighters was based at Vancouver, together with maritime patrol squadron and four squadrons of strategic bombers. Strategic bomber wing was made of two squadrons of older Boeing B-52 Stratofortress bombers and two squadrons of more advanced B-1 Lancer bombers. Despite their strategic type, they are capable of close air support role too, being useful for pinning down advance of massive enemy concentrations.
air_2.jpg

800px-UsafBoeing_B-52.jpg

B-52 Stratofortress of RCAF over Nevada, NCR. Just like other two major NCR aircraft manufactures Northrop Grumman and Lockeed, Boeing also has its successful subsidiaries in Canada and Japan.

800px-B-1b_fly-by_2004.jpg

B-1 Lancer, most advanced strategic bomber avalible to United Nations Alliance (UNA).

Last edited:
Amazing that the old BUFF is still flying along with the B-1.

It does in RL. The Americans don't expect to have a replacement ready before 2015 IIRC.

Let me see if I can get Canada's Air Inventory right:

4.5th Generation-Short Range Multirole Fighter: CF-18C Hornet
3rd Generation-Short Range Multirole Fighter: CF-5A Freedom Fighter
3rd Generation-Intercontinental Strategic Bomber: B-52H Stratofortress
4th Generation-Intercontinental Strategic Bomber: B-1B Lancer
3rd Generation-Ground Attack: ?
4th Generation-Ground Attack: ?
3rd Generation-Close Air Support: A-10A Thunderbolt II
4th Generation-Naval Patrol: P-3C Orion

I'm going to assume that the CSA did not touch Fairchild Republic during the development of the A-10...hopefully.