+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The New World Order: A Chinese Cold War AAR

High on Political Consensus walrus's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

March 1951

On March 15th 1951, the American Congress passed a bill, part of the Marshall Plan aid for democratic nations around the world, that awarded $50 million in aid to the Nationalist Chinese (50,000 in game monetry units). This money would be invaluable in rebuilding the Chinese nation.

General Marshall, 1951

However, this positive news was shortly overshadowed. After negotiations over Finland had quickly broken down in late 1950, the British still controlled a large swathe of Finnish and Soviet territory.

But the withdrawal of American troops from Finland left only two British divisions to watch over the entire territory.

At 21:00GMT on March 20th 1951, Soviet troops sprung into action, quickly surrounding and disarming both British divisions (one stationed in the port of Murmansk, the other strung out across the Finnish countryside), while the armies of the Finnish Democratic Republic swept in to occupy the countryside. British troops who managed to avoid the Communists escaped towards the Swedish border, while the troops captured by the Russians were force-marched to the Norwegian border, and handed over to Norwegian border troops.

Ask me about Anarcho-Stalinism!

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions

U-oh, I can feel the heat!

Nice AAR.
    East vs. West - A Hearts of Iron Game | Forum | Teaser | Trailer | FAQ

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2

Thanks
    Also, sorry for the slow pace of the AAR, real life is a bitch, ain't it?

Master Sergeant Shooter Person Rockingluke's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaSengoku

Feel free to take your time with updates, just don't forget about us readAARs altogether!
    Come join us in Werewolf! We don't bite, much!
    Wins: Survived to the end in Werewolf CXII: Refugees as a Cursed Villager
    Losses: Overwhelmed by wolves as a Plotter Villager in Werewolf-CXX-Shipwrecked
    Total Wins/Losses: 1/1

Hawks, Burmese, and Automobiles

On July 20th, Chinese Prime Minister Li Zongren gave a rousing speech to the Yuan, extolling the need for increased arms forces funding, as well as a close relationship to the United States in order to take back the entirety of China at the earliest opportunity (+1 to Hawk Lobby)

In response to this, the government quickly drew up plans with the American ambassador to purchase military equipment utilising the part of the Marshall plan money that had been allocated to military needs. After negotiations, the Chinese Army found itself newly furnished with two whole divisions of (obsolete) American tanks. A real boon to their ground forces, but quite useless against any modern Soviet models that the Communists may conspire to purchase. Their navy also obtained their first ships, being given the old American carriers USS Saratoga and Lexington, and in order to make sure these ships would be able to sail on the high seas, the hulls for sufficient screening ships were laid down in Cantonese ship yards, while the carriers themselves underwent brief reworking.

In world news, after prolonged negotiations with pro-independance Burmese politicians, the British finally withdrew from Burmese territory on August 8th 1951. Can the British continue to hold onto their other Imperial possessions, or will they slowly become independant one by one?

Last edited by walrus; 24-05-2011 at 11:57.

Do those screenshots work for people? Imageshack was being a little bitch.

Also, reader participation time! My two new (albiet Level 1 ) carriers need new names! Normally I'd just name them after a random province as I don't know much about China, but it'll be nice for the AAR if they have historically plausible names.

Thanks for reading

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Names of generals and politicians are always a winner. Or Chinese (latinized) for something the republic stands for(or like to say it stands for ). Like "peace", according to google it's "hépíng".
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

No Mr Sampatisiri, I expect you to die!

Spurred on by the independance of Burma, from Autumn 1951 onwards other nations currently under control of the British Crown negotiated for their freedom. The British government was amiable towards some of these desires, as it allowed them to free up manpower that would otherwise be used to police these territories, and fostered a friendly relation between Britain and the newly independant governments.

Firstly, the combined Anglo-Franco-American occupation force pulled out of Austria

Next, the pre-war semi-independance of Egypt was restored, albiet with a much greater degree of autonomy

Quickly followed by the former Italian colony of Libya becoming free under the Senussi dynasty, although some British administrators such as Duncan Cumming, the new Libyan Prime Minister, remained in the government to ease the transition to independance.

Now, back in China, the Thai Intellgence services had somehow managed to infiltrate agents into key places in the Chinese bureaucracy, and were stealing military secrets, including top secret documents passed to the Chinese Government by the United States. Naturally, this hurt relations on all sides.

But in better news, the two new Chinese carriers had completed their crew training, and had been rechristened after two citites reclaimed from Imperialist powers after the war

4chan is so mature today Storm501's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Blog Entries
    Nice flavour you got here... especially with naming ships.

I'll be following this one.
    DCT THRED Q41 NEDUL/N0150A030 SAM/N0150F045 DCT SAM283035/N0150F035 DCT BIA
    DCT THRED Q41 ORTAC/N0150A020 DCT ALD/N0150A030 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150F070 N864 MULIT/N0150A035 DCT EX/N0150F050 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT CDF/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT BRI/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035/N0150F040 DCT YVL/N0150F055 DCT BIA

RMK/ TRNG REQ 2H PF EGFF 1100 H RI EGHH 1230

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    How come the British got some Egyptian lands in there?
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    How come the British got some Egyptian lands in there?
    That's Suez, which they have a core on...or something. Not entirely sure, I just forgot to mention it in the update.

Edit: Oh, and also the stuff in the West of Egypt. That's just a bug, no-one has any cores on them.
    Last edited by walrus; 24-05-2011 at 15:10.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Interesting scenario. Subscribed
    Faugh a ballagh!

"A mans got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry

"Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true" -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TKFS View Post
    Interesting scenario. Subscribed
    Thanks

And sorry for the long wait with no update - been away from my desktop (curse you girlfriend! Live closer to me *shakes fist*) and so I don't have Darkest Hour or my savegames with me. Hopefully will have an update or two for you over the weekend.

The Completion of the 4 Year Plan

In world news, the Americans run dual elections, with the winners dualling on the White House lawn for the honour of becoming president.

Back in China, the 4 Year Plan has reached its enddate. The infrastructure and industrial projects had finished, without put growing rapidly, but sadly the military aspects of the plan had not been completed. Due to the growing tension in the world, these contracts will be continued, with 1 years grace before the introduction of a new 4 Year Plan on Jan 1st 1956.

In the labs of China, advanced infantry technology, to defend against the communists hordes, was being produced

Finally, the ground forces that China and her allies could put into any future fight were quite formidable.

The 2nd 4 Year Plan

China now had a respectable ground force, thanks to American funding and expertise. It was, however, still too weak to take the fight to the Communists. Likewise, China's industrial base was still lacking, being roughly half the size of the Communists in the North. Therefore, the next 4 year plan will concentrate mostly on industry, and the upgrading of existing forces.

7 new industrial centres will be constructed on Taiwan, further improving the islands economy, while 3 industrial complexes will be construced on Haikou, due to the good trade links with foreign nations. In the West, the new highways will be extended to the borders of Vietnam, Laos and Burma. Existing military builds will be given priority until completion, but no new ones will be created. Any spare IC will go on upgrading.

However, there is a shortage of trained men of military age. Therefore, a selective conscription was introduced, causing much dissent amongst the rural population, who were most likely to be called up and would be unable to bribe their way out of service.

I hope this will not be a Chineese AAR in which you simply use the Soviet Union as a bridge to Europe, thus stretching your empire across all of Eurasia. But anyway, good luck with those Who must not be named, pointed at or thought of.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

That two presidents thing was kind of weird; intended or a bug? Really like what you've done so far; I'm hoping to get Darkest Hour soon, so I'm looking wherever I can for good AARs.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Shynka View Post
    I hope this will not be a Chineese AAR in which you simply use the Soviet Union as a bridge to Europe, thus stretching your empire across all of Eurasia. But anyway, good luck with those Who must not be named, pointed at or thought of.
    I'm not planning to do anything like that, mainly because if I'm not careful Com. China and the SU will roll over me like a bug and I'll end up exiled to Taiwan. Which while possibly making for a good story, would be fustrating
    I won't be landbridging my way to Europe either, as this is meant to be a historically plausable AAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    That two presidents thing was kind of weird; intended or a bug? Really like what you've done so far; I'm hoping to get Darkest Hour soon, so I'm looking wherever I can for good AARs.
    As far as I know, it's a bug. I don't think the DH developers did much with the post WW2 game to be honest. Definitely get it asap though, it's great

It's already fixed. BTW it happened because the 1948 elections put to sleep one of the 1952 election events.

Which of the presidents did win in the end ?

Yeah you need to keep an eye on your northern neighbours (comm. china and ussr). A next war will probably involve nuclear weapons, any progress on that?

Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast