• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well you say we line up our pockets in domestic and foreign policy, but then you speak about invading a country and the massive economic benefits it will bring over the course of a few years. It sums up your party as well, always paradoxical and contradictory.

I was actually refering to the economic benefits our social reforms will bring which isn't paradoxical at all; a healthy, educated, unmaimed and content workforce will be more productive and that will bring vast economic benefits.

I propose an Amendment to the Transition to Peace Act, striking Article II.

It is not the duty of the government to build the people's houses for them. We are supposed to help them from cradle to grave, not provide the cradle, grave and everything in between.

The bills are coming to a vote, but the amendment is still on the table. If its failure/success affects your decision, say so clearly and concisely on your vote post.

Last edited:
I will oppose the Monetary Stability Act. We cannot bring stability to the system by suspending it, and killing currency exchange in New York will destroy the French and British war efforts, which are running off of American loans and monetary juggling.

Also, I have removed the Secretary of the Treasury from his position as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, and given the Board a rotating Chairmanship.

The following bills go to a vote:

The USFRA

The United States Federal Reserve Act​

Article I:

This act hereby establishes the United States Federal Reserve System.

Article II:

The purpose of the Federal Reserve is to ensure economic stability through loans to banks at an interest rate designated by the Federal Reserve Board.

Section I:
The Federal Reserve Board will consist of 5 representatives from the largest banks based in the United States, and 5 economic experts not in the employ of a bank based within the United States. The board members will elect a Chairman in the first meeting of each year.

Section II:
The Federal Reserve Board must hold at least five meetings a year, where they will determine the Federal Reserve’s interest rate, based on what is best for the economy, and general policy of the Federal Reserve.

Article III:

The Federal Reserve System is hereby granted the right to order the printing of paper money.

Section I:
Money printed on the orders of the Federal Reserve will be designated as a Federal Reserve Note.

Section II:
The Federal Reserve Note will be legal tender for all debts public and private.

Section III:
The Federal Reserve Note can be removed from the Gold Standard upon a 7 to 3, or more, vote in the Federal Reserve Board.

Article IV:

The Federal Reserve shall have 5 semi-autonomous Regional Offices;

The Western Office:
California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska

The Mid-Western Office:
Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma

The Southern Office:
Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

The Mid-Eastern Office:
Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio

The Northern Office:
W. Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine

Section I:
The Regional Offices will be responsible for the day-to-day of approving and overseeing loans based on Federal Reserve Policy.

Section II:
The Regional Offices have the right to order the printing of Federal Reserve Notes under Article II of the Federal Reserve Act.

Section III:
The Regional Offices’ accounts and operation will be inspected once a year by Federal Reserve Agents, or more often on the orders of the Federal Reserve Board.

The FSVSA

Fallen Soldiers and Veterans Support Act
Article I:

A commission shall be established to raise private funds and select a design for a monument, in remembrance of those who lost their lives, which shall be constructed in Washington, D.C., with the names of all the fallen written either on it, or in the near vicinity of the monument itself. All private funds raised for the purpose of the monument shall be given a matching federal grant.

Article II:

A pension trust shall be established to provide to all wounded and disabled soldiers from wars past or present, or their immediate family (widow and children), a fair and ample pension that shall be provided in gratitude of their service and sacrifice to the nation and to ensure their continued welfare.

Article III:

A commission shall be established before the conclusion of hostilities to secure pledges from the private sector for gainful employment for veterans returning from the war. This commission shall also be given authority to create and manage a Labor Corps for returning veterans to receive employment in public works and public service projects if they are unable to find a job in the private sector.

Article IV:

A commission shall be established to ensure that American war dead are located, identified, and provided a final resting place and accorded all military honors. To this end, the commission will be entrusted with the task of acquiring land for the establishment of a National Military Cemetery as a fitting honor to those who have sacrificed their lives in the defense of this nation.

The TPA

Transition to Peace Act

Article I:

Section I:
Any factories that have been placed under the control of the Department of Industry are to be sold.

Section II:
Loans are to be provided so as to allow factory owners to change from wartime to peacetime production.

Section III:
The National Work Board is to return to its original purpose; to improve standards of safety for our workforce.

Article II:

Section I:
The Department of Industry is to establish a Federal Housing Commission

Section II:
This shall be responsible for ensuring adequate housing is provided to the populace of the United States.

Section III:
It shall recruit among the unemployed demobilizing soldiers and provide construction training where necessary.

Article III:

Section I:
Disability payments are to be made to those injured in combat.

Section II:
It is the responsibility of the military branch to which the person is a member to initially assess whether someone will be eligible for such payments.

Section III:
These must be reassessed by a doctor every five years.

Section IV:
Further payment shall be made if they are completely unable to work due to this disability.

Article VI:

Section I:
A national pension scheme is to be put in place. There shall be two types of pensions.

Section II:
A pension awarded to all those over a certain age, that age is to be set by the Department for the Interior. These shall be called Old Age Pensions.

Section III:
People may apply for early awarding of Old Age Pensions due to work-induced disability, this would require the note of a doctor recommending such action.

Section VI:
A pension to be granted to those who's partners have died fighting for the United States Military branches or in the WAMS. These shall be called Widow's Pensions.

Article VI:

Section I:
A commission within the Commonwealth is to be established to ensure that all Commonwealth war dead are located, identified, and provided a final resting place and accorded all military honors.

Section II:
It shall be tasked with maintaining those war graves in-perpetuity.

Section III:
This shall be funded and provided with a Board of Directors from all of the states of the Commonwealth.

Section IV:
It shall also seek to acquire funds via charitable donations.

Section V:
This organisation shall be called the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

Article VII:

This Act shall commence upon the cessation of hostilities.

The SPA

Statistics Publication Act​

Article I:

All government departments are required to publish a report on their work at least once a year

Article II:

It must include as many verifiable statistics as possible

Article III:

It will be the responsibility of the secretary of each department to ensure the data are published

Article IV:

The Vice-President is charged with producing an overall report from the Federal Executive Bureau.

((For future reference, please present future bills in the preceding format so that I don't have to spend twice as much time posting them because I need to convert the bills to a uniform format)).

No to the first bill; Yes to the remainder.

Yes to all the proposed bills.

No to the first bill Yes to the rest.

Yes to all bills.

Last edited:
Yes to all bills except the FSVSA, as its contents are covered by the TPA.

Yes to all bills except the USFRA

Yes to all bills presented (with minor adjustments so that, if both pass, there are not redundant agencies splitting funds toward honoring the fallen).

USFRA: NO!
FSVSA: Yes
TPA: No
SPA: Yes

Governor Anderson toured Memphis and was greeted by a excited crowd, he gave a short speech about his plan of action as Governor and then returned to his house outside of Nashville.

Ney to the Federal Reserve Act, Yay to all other bills

Slow past couple of days in Washington... must be the euphoria about a war almost won... people going to see families, constituents, what not.