• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My office has submitted the final approval of the Manifesto back to Colonel Davis, I assume after it is promptly corrected, it will be submitted in due time.

In regards to the Southern National Party's appeal, I believe that this party will remain a main player in the game of politics, and if not I will return to the Democratic Party, and live out my life fighting for the main reason I joined the SNP, to preserve the Union and protect the South.

The Manifesto has been finished and sent to our campaign manager, Mr.........................Bob I think?

Considering a number of us hardline Whigs did vote for the Davis Compromise and the National Union merger, I do hope (Mikeboy) and (Attack) will consider throwing us some sort of bone to salve our consciensces in their manifesto. If its moderate Cameron further compromising with standard democrat McAttack without any thought for the others, you may hemmorage some of the pro-merger Whigh voters.

Curious thing is that the SNP acts as if one of it's greatest points is fast and decisive decision making and strong leadership and yet we have ours completed, approved by three members of the party (one of which wasn't previously) and sent off hours ago.

Just an observation.

((To Rogov; I have sent a PM to King proposing a deal, but he hasn't replied to it yet))

Curious thing is that the SNP acts as if one of it's greatest points is fast and decisive decision making and strong leadership and yet we have ours completed, approved by three members of the party (one of which wasn't previously) and sent off hours ago.

Just an observation.

((To Rogov; I have sent a PM to King proposing a deal, but he hasn't replied to it yet))

((But ours is already done and sent off, For all points and purposes it was done three and a half hours ago we were just awaiting some peoples approval. BBB has it now))

Looking forward to seeing the NU's platform; I wonder how much we had to give in, in order to get this thing running. Hopefully, after this election the abnormal situation will fade away and we'll return to some sort of normality.
Also, this little moment of peace looks like the calm before the storm, doesn't it?

((By the way, party-colored signatures are the new thing or what?!))

Last edited:
It would be great if people put their character name in their signatures, I find myself forgetting all the names which are not Davis ;-).

It would be great if people put their character name in their signatures, I find myself forgetting all the names which are not Davis ;-).

I'll Take that as a compliment:D

Considering a number of us hardline Whigs did vote for the Davis Compromise and the National Union merger, I do hope (Mikeboy) and (Attack) will consider throwing us some sort of bone to salve our consciensces in their manifesto. If its moderate Cameron further compromising with standard democrat McAttack without any thought for the others, you may hemmorage some of the pro-merger Whig voters.
Hemmoraged to what, exactly? The SNP?

But you need not worry. Cameron has made a point to work with all political ideologies, and the National Union platform is a sound one of compromise which supports and uplifts the various sides and promotes the common goals and ideals that often get forgotten in these partisan times. It is a reasonable position with a clear and unified vision that truly represents America, moderates and others.

((There you go, happy now? )):D

Okay. Election update incoming!

PS. Gloa makes a good point on page 30, in that The Presidents, at least right now, doesn't have the amount of participants necessary to be able to support more than 2-3 parties.

The Presidential Election of 1841

It is said that crisis fuels the most unlikely events. This was certainly true of the National Conventions in December 1840. The SNP’s Convention started as a one- sided race between the party’s founder Jonathan L. Davis, and John Hensdale, but this situation was soon resolved. In less than a day, and without any voting, the SNP had as its ticket Davis for President and Hensdale for Vice President. The Whigs and Democrats were shocked at the speed of it.
Both the Whig and Democrat Conventions were organized as they had been before, with candidates running for the nominations and votes being cast, but the SNP’s dynamism changed the balance of political power. The Democrats and Whigs were both eager to beat their old opponents, but even more eager to keep the SNP out of the Government. The Democrat candidates held a meeting on December 2nd, and came to a joint conclusion.
On the night of December 2nd-3rd, Thomas McAttack and Albert Cartwright, along with half of the Democratic Party walked to the White House, where President King had organized the Whig National Convention. It was raining in DC, so the Whigs let their political opponents in without a second thought. Upon being asked what the Democratic Party was doing at the Whig National Convention, McAttack offered the Whigs the idea of a temporary merger of the two parties.
The Union Party would be created for the soul purpose of making sure Whig and Democrat partisanship did not win Davis the White House. The Whigs agreed with only one dissenting vote, and the Union Party was formed. It held a traditional nomination ballot, with the exception that the highest scoring members of each original party would become the nominations.

unionpartyconvention184.jpg

1. The Union Party National Convention, which was moved from the White House to more a more spacious building after the merger.​

Those members were John F. Cameron of the Whigs, who became the Presidential candidate, and Thomas McAttack of the Democrats, who had almost become president four years earlier, was now the Union Party’s Vice Presidential candidate. President King unexpectedly experienced a collapse in support in a ballot that even saw Caesar Vinograd gain support. The stage was set for an election like no other.
The candidates went into full campaign mode in January, the Union Party having the advantage of knowing how to campaign in a Presidential Election, having invented the practice for King’s campaign. The SNP however, had the advantage of being new, dynamic, and blessed with candidate who had a reputation for charisma. Cameron on the other hand, was not yet tested in politics. The young age [1] of the Presidential candidates was one of the defining aspects of the election. It seemed to signal a passing of the torch to a new generation of politicians, despite the fact that the candidates were backed by the old guard.

[1] – Both candidates were born in the 19th Century, Cameron having recently turned 40 and Davis was just short of 39. This meant that the record for youngest President would be broken, no matter the outcome.

The Candidates/Tickets of 1841

The Election Manifesto of the Union Party
unionpartyticket1841.jpg

Presidential Candidate: John F. Cameron
Vice Presidential Candidate: Thomas McAttack

My fellow Americans, the forces of extremism risk tearing our beloved country in two, as much as a great passionate devotion to one’s ideology is to be admired, one shouldn’t use it as the only bedrock of high office, for it can cause great division within a nation, and division leaves us weak. That is why I and Thomas McAttack have banded together and shall seek your vote come the Presidential elections. Not for the personal hoarding of power, but rather to heal the splits that fracture our Union so. Our administration shall include Americans from all walks of life, and all ideologies chosen not for their party credentials but based on merit and their aptness for the job in hand. This approach is the only way to ensure efficient government, indeed it is how our countries father George Washington wished it to be so. I thank you.

Policies:

Economic:
The government shall take an interventionist approach to the economy, intervening when necessary to ensure economic stability and we shall greatly encourage industrialisation in those places which currently rely on agriculture; particularly slave based plantations.

Military:
We shall fund great expansion in the military, especially in the area of the Navy; ensuring we have one of the grandest and most modern navies in the world and a powerful expeditionary force, capable of striking fear into the hearts of enemies we don’t share a land border with. My administration will also support the militia bill, which I drafted with Mr. Davis, a fine example of the benefits of partisan politics.

Foreign:
We shall expand our influence in South America, the only way to ensure our continued security is through the enforcement of the Monroe Doctrine.

Slavery:
I am no less an abolitionist than Mr. King, I merely understand the fears, requirements and grievances of the South, and I am unwilling to force through an abolitionist agenda from an isolated office in D.C. The only way to peacefully end the institution is through co-operation, that was the aim of the Davis Compromise and with initiatives such as that we shall continue.

Election Manifesto of the Southern Nationalist Party
snpticket.png

Presidential Candidate: Jonathan L. Davis
Vice Presidential Candidate: John Hensdale

My Fellow Americans, we stand at a crossroads in our History. One of these roads leads us to disunion, dictatorship, and disaster. This road was taken by the whig party when they bullied the South into contemplating succesion, thus disunion; The Road was again taken by the whig party when they threatened to destroy our political movement with federal troops, thus dictatorship; and thier policies created anarchy in Texas and if allowed to continue will do the same her, thus disaster. Then There is a road less traveled, one which leads to Unity, Democracy, and Glory. This is the road taken by the SNP. Unity provided by the Davis comprimise to keep this country together, Democracy for all North or South Avoiding a Tyranny of the Majority with Solidarity and Strength, and Glory in fufilling our manifest destiny to spead across the the continent God Has Endowed us with from Oregon and California to Maine and Massachusetts bay. Let us Stand Together now and take the road less traveled, let us stop the ravages of the whigs, let us trust in God to save the Union and to Save The South!

Policies

Economic:
We Should use a State Capitalist Economic Policy
-This Can be used to strengthen both the current Industrial Centers of the Country In the Northeast and The Establishment of A Industrial Base In the South As Well
-A Cement Factory Shall be built In Virginia, A Winery in North Carolina, A Small Arms Plant In Georgia, A Textile Mill in Tennesee, A Regular Clothes Factory in Alabama, and a Liquor distillery in Missippi
-Investment in Railroads by the Government is crucial as well and We Aim to Railroadize the entire Eastern Seaboard from Florida to Maine
-New factories in the South and struggling one in the North Should be subsidised until they can stand on thier own to garuntee the safety of the workers jobs
-Taxes Should be levied according to the current need but be lower on Capitalists and Aristocrats to stimulate investment in the national Economy.
-We Support A Free trade Economic Policy
-Tariffs should not be put in the negative but should never be raised above 10% discounting a risk of bankruptcy to make it easy to import british cloth to the south and southern cotton to the british
-Education Spending should be focused un with more vigour than Administrative as a well educated populace is a orderly populace,

Military:
-I would Encourage the expansion of the Army as far as possible when keeping to the 1:1 Ratio
-I would Encourage the Sinking of our National Focus into Promoting Soldiers in North Carolina
-The Navy Can Stay at its Current Size (Which is Vastly above that of most of the rest of the world) unless the spare money exists to upgrade it

Expansion/Colonization:
-I Would Support the Fufillment of Manifest Destiny by annexing Mexican Territory North of the Rio Grande and California.
-Any Further Measures Neccesary to colonize Oregon country are supported by my administration

Influence:
-The Nation of the UPCA, Haiti, Columbia, And Venezuela should be brought into our economic sphere of infuence to provide them with new goods and us with new markets. Beyond that The Other Nations of Latin America should come into our economic zone but only after the primary targets have been secured.

Bills:
-We Support the Militia Bill

Let Us Never forget that it was southerners like George Washington and Thomas Jeffereson who created this country and saved it from destruction at the hands of the British, while Northern radicals like Adams and Patrick Henry nearly, despite the best of intentions, led this country to ruin.This Country must not forget the contributions that southerners have made to it or seek to crush them under the bootheel of the majority. We are the true successors to the founding fathers and we share their vision of one Country forever United. God Save the Union and God Save The South!

-----------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

We’re back in Presidential Election time. Vote on the President/Ticket, and the Militia Bill.

Sample Ballot:

President: John Doe
Militia Bill: Yes

President: N/A on ticket

Last edited:
President: Davis/Hensdale SNP

Mr. Davis. Voting for yourself? :) I am disappoint. :( Yes, voting for your ticket countsas voting for yourself.

Mr. Davis. Voting for yourself? :) I am disappoint. :( Yes, voting for your ticket countsas voting for yourself.

We can vote for ourselves in the Actual Election right?

Never Mind, I need to learn to readrules

Last edited:
An entire wing of the Whig party has been completely discarded in this manifesto.

Still, I voted for the merger and I honor my commitments.

President: UNION (John Cameron)
Militia Bill: YES

President: (N/A: On ticket)
Militia Bill : Yes

Let us have unity and freedom once again.

President: John F. Cameron and the Union ticket
Militia Bill: Abstain