• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(I know Victoria 2 tries to not be completely historically simulated, but there should be an event lessening the infamy impact of taking Spanish colonial locals as America. Perhaps half infamy, or something.)

((Or we could use free-peoples on the Phillipines rather than annexation as it's less infamy))

((I guess I should stop trolling and finally pitch in))
Name: William Roosvelt Leo
Party: Republican with moderate leanings
Bio: Born in 1840 in New York city to an Irish buisnessman and a daughter of the prominent Roosvelt family, he was immersed in buisness and politics for most of his young life. Ater graduating from Harvard, he travelled through Europe and where he witnessed monarchs and corrupt govermnents as well as the chaos of attempted revolutions. After returning he moved west to Nebraska, and later California and Oregon where he homesteaded and worked to grow his family fortune by funding several factories on the west coast. Immediately upon returning to his home town, he ran and was elected to the House of Representatives as a Republican on a clean goverment bill.
He agrees with Republican policies, except for foreign policy where he is preety expansionist.

(( couldn't resist the temptation to use Teddy :).))
(P.S. what year is it, around 1875?))

((1876, though BBB already took a bit of Teddy for his character))

Welcome to politics Mr Leo. I hope you look into the Federalist Party, as your views on foreign policy and clean government would fit in perfectly with ourselves.

((1876, though BBB already took a bit of Teddy for his character))

Welcome to politics Mr Leo. I hope you look into the Federalist Party, as your views on foreign policy and clean government would fit in perfectly with ourselves.

What is the Difference between you federals and your radical Liberterrian forbearers? More specifically what is your Economic policy?

((also remember I am runing from NY state))

((Actually ,in real life, they remained a U.S. Colony untill 1946( with autonomy)))
((Probably the reason we got so little infamy was because of some Casus Bellii that allows us to take spanish colonial possesions ( e.g. Place in The Sun)))

((True, forgot about that.

We havn't taken them over yet, we are just trying to figure out a way to take them for less infamy. And guys, wouldn't demanding the Phillipines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico mean we would have to invade mainland Spain? Due to Vic2 amazing WS system.))

((We havn't taken them over yet, we are just trying to figure out a way to take them for less infamy. And guys, wouldn't demanding the Phillipines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico mean we would have to invade mainland Spain? Due to Vic2 amazing WS system.))

Not with tag-switching to bring about a realistic surrender!

What is the Difference between you federals and your radical Liberterrian forbearers? More specifically what is your Economic policy?

((also remember I am runing from NY state))

((I thought the Federalists were more moderate New Democrats who shared a bit with the Republicans, and that the Libertarians jumped ship to the New Democrats. And good one BBB :p))

There are many differences between the Federalists and the old Libertarians, though a complete list of them would be better given by Mr Harrison. And our economic policy would best be asked to Governor Gyln ((spelt right?)).

((BBB would you mind giving us a historical war where we have claims for all those territories?))

((Mexican-American War (Manifest Destiny). A casus-belli of some sort like that would probably what the US would use here.))

((Mexican-American War (Manifest Destiny). A casus-belli of some sort like that would probably what the US would use here.))

((We we do have a core on Cuba, we just need something more for the declaration, something that will get pacifist Khur and the isolationist Republicans into siding with war, and something more concrete than Oppressive Spanish rule over the Cubans and the confederate government in exile.))

((Something like...a ship incident? ;)))

((Something even more sinister. A ship full of school children and red cross nurses all singing the national anthem, while bunnies and raindeer prance on the deck. The Spanish then come along and blow it up while laughing at the misery of the now on-fire children. Something close to that.))

((Exactly

Wait a second, I'm a Republican and i am conniving with federals and democrats!
I have fallen pray to bipartisanship, my god what have I done!))

By the way Mr. (King 50000) what is your economic policy for the federal party?

My policy would be a limited form of Interventionism, with the Economy being free to do as it pleases, with the Government only stepping in the prevent factories and businesses from caving and creating unemployment. I am unsure as to what the policy being used by the Federalist-New Democrat Ticket is, you would be best to ask Governor Glyn and Mr Callahan on that.

((Devotist is a Republican, so you are only coniving with a Federalist :D
And my character's name is Khur, most of us put our characters in our sig))

"I, representative Leo of the good people of New York Would like to announce that effective immediately I will be switching parties from my long held republican position to the new Federalist Party of America. I will continue to up hold my belief in Laissez faire economics and my stance on social reform but am turning to this party because of its righteous foreign policy. Over the next four years..."
(speech made by W.R. Leo in front of the NY city hall 1876)

((You've got yourself a new Federal, now lets figure out how to screw spain out of her territories))