• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The forces of our enemies have aligned, they have but one goal to which they stride, intending to reach with military force, the destruction of the free world. Chile currently poses the greatest threat to the United States themselves, due to its geographic proximity. However I believe that our Navy is quite capable of ensuring she remains contained until we can launch an amphibious invasion of Northern Chile. Russia shall likely take a long time to mobilise and bring her forces to the front, but I predict Germany shall be relentless, and thus we must help fortify the lines of the French border. Germany shalln’t enter the fortress of freedom.

As President I recommend that our Pacific Fleet be sent to blockade Chile, ensuring that they are not capable of dispatching an expeditionary force. Our Atlantic Fleet shall be engaged in shipping our men to the defence of France; we cannot allow her to fall under German boots. I advocate the building of a vast new transport flotilla to allow the mass exchange of men to Europe.

Finally we must stand together as a nation in this time of hardship, and there are many hardships to come. Casualties are inevitable, but I hope the families of those afflicted may take solace in the gratitude and recognition of this republic, and the peoples of the free world that they fight, and die, for the future of the human race. We stand shoulder to shoulder with those nations with which we are aligned, they dedicated too to the principles of democracy and peace, we share sacrifices with them, and we shall share victory with them.

- T.H. Terrance
- President of the United States of America

((What are the exact alliances?))

Last edited:
Top Secret Memo to President Terrance and the Chiefs of Staff:

Amongst our three allies I believe we have the unique position of being a Pacific force as well as an Atlantic one. We are also the only of the three in the Americas therefore I would suggest two operations:

1. Operation Rising Sun - an invasion of Pacific Russia from Alaska or the West Coast across the Pacific, hence splitting the Russian forces between the Franco-German border in the west and the open steppes in the East, therefore allowing the Franco-British forces to fight a weaker force.

2.Operation Southern Cross- an invasion of the Chile, in order to prevent them from sending troops to Europe or North America, probably by naval means down the Pacific coast line, which would include a full naval blockade.

I wouldnot support the sending of troops to France until the threat in South America has been removed.

I wish you luck in the coming war; may God help us.

K McCahill

American Conscription Act 1913:

1. All men between the ages of 18 and 40 are required to register with the National Conscription Board (NCB), which will be under the National Work Board
2. All men registered with the NCB who are not in permanent employment as of 6th June 1913 are called up to the Army
3. Disability and contentious objection are the only exemptions from service if called up.
4. Those who break this law risk fines of up to $100 and imprisonment for up to 4 years.
5. The NCB shall be disbanded within a year of the secession of hostilities with Russia and Germany.
6. Powers for the expansion of the programme rest with congress on the suggestion of the NCB

I recommend this Bill to Congress,
K McCahill

((Also, was there a problem with making John Sharp the president of the NWB as per the cabinet that the President originally circulated? I am honoured that I was selected by congress instead if there was.))

Last edited:
Mr Mccahill I agree with your American Conscription Act, however I think that Chile must fall before any invasion of Western Russia occurs, our forces are more likely to be successful united rather than split in two, facing our foes separately and weaker.

War Economy Act

Article 1
Industries deemed to be conductive to the war effort are shall to be assigned tasks and direction by the Department of Industry.

Article 2
The right to strike in industries considered necessary for the war effort shall be rescinded.

Article 3
Unoccupied and unused factory sites that are considered conductive to the war effort shall be brought under the control of the Department of Industry.

Article 4
The National Work Board is now responsible for the workforce in relation to the war effort.

Article 5
Federal Grants shall be provided for the establishment of industry for the purposes of the war.

Article 6
This shall only be valid for the duration of the war.

Last edited:
Absolutely no conscription! I am still opposed to this war, and consider Mr. Terrance's actions almost culpable in this war, driving Chile into the arms of the Emperors!

However, since we are now in it, we must fight for victory. We must remain cautious, and not fall for the same foolishness that led to this conflict. Once this is all over, we must ensure a fair, balanced peace treaty is enacted.

I agree that once the war is over we must ensure a fair peace treaty must be enacted, and thus I am adding a clause for the dispersion of the NCB at the end of the war.

I strongly disagree with Secretary McCahill's proposed bill and call on all members of Congress to reject it immediately. We currently field the best-trained, best-equipped army on the face of the planet, and Secretary McCahill's conscription effort would do nothing more than ratchet up the sales of arms companies by shoving their products into the hands of poorly-trained factory workers and farmers. Does the honorable Secretary desire nothing more than a grossly inflated body count, or would he prefer not to degrade our army's performance by focusing instead on maximizing our number of trained, professional soldiers?

((Also, was there a problem with making John Sharp the president of the NWB as per the cabinet that the President originally circulated? I am honoured that I was selected by congress instead if there was.))

No. My memory just played a trick on me. Fixed.

I strongly disagree with Secretary McCahill's proposed bill and call on all members of Congress to reject it immediately. We currently field the best-trained, best-equipped army on the face of the planet, and Secretary McCahill's conscription effort would do nothing more than ratchet up the sales of arms companies by shoving their products into the hands of poorly-trained factory workers and farmers. Does the honorable Secretary desire nothing more than a grossly inflated body count, or would he prefer not to degrade our army's performance by focusing instead on maximizing our number of trained, professional soldiers?

No, conscription is necessary. It's time to make our young men warriors.

There is a limit to the amount of ordinary soldiers that can be recruited. Conscription would allow us to quickly raise a large force that would only be used for defensive purposes, with the regulars being used for any invasion or tactically important manoeuvres. With the correct usage, this conscripts can, in conjunction with all arms of the military, provide one more weapon in our arsenal to allow our generals and officers to be more flexible in their tactics. Conscripts would most importantly free regulars from defensive operations in which they are over-trained.

Also, I wish to proclaim my support for President Terrance's War Economy Act

No, conscription is necessary. It's time to make our young men warriors.

I think it far more likely that it will make our young men into corpses rather than warriors. But I am heartened to see your fine patriotic attitude. I assume you will be enlisting in the armed forces post-haste, as will any adult sons, nephews, or male cousins you might have?

There is a limit to the amount of ordinary soldiers that can be recruited. Conscription would allow us to quickly raise a large force that would only be used for defensive purposes, with the regulars being used for any invasion or tactically important manoeuvres. With the correct usage, this conscripts can, in conjunction with all arms of the military, provide one more weapon in our arsenal to allow our generals and officers to be more flexible in their tactics. Conscripts would most importantly free regulars from defensive operations in which they are over-trained.

I question your premise, Mister Secretary. I do not believe we should be engaging in offensive operations at all. Why should we? If Britain and France wish to ruin their rivals or expand their empires, let them do so on their own strength, not ours. Our regular army should be focused primarily on defending from Tripartite invasions, not starting our own just because there's a valid excuse.

I think it far more likely that it will make our young men into corpses rather than warriors. But I am heartened to see your fine patriotic attitude. I assume you will be enlisting in the armed forces post-haste, as will any adult sons, nephews, or male cousins you might have?
I became a soldier in Peru, and it was good. I would certainly like to see my nephews in uniform, but we're not exactly on speaking term. Me and my relatives have our issues.

To the President and Congress of the United States
A Report on the Status of the United States Armed Forces
Compiled by Secretary of Defense Seamus Ecossais, and Secretary of the Treasury John Harrison
Presented to the President and Congress on the date of June 16th 1913

The United States Navy

Vallejo-Class Battleships: 26
Battleships: 478
Cruisers: 354
Troop Transport-Capable Ships: 188
Total Ships: 1046

The United States Navy is arguably the most advanced of its kind, and most definitely the largest. Expansion should focus on creating more Transport Capacity in order to fight a Trans-Atlantic war, and on teh creation of further Vallejo-Class Battleships AKA "Dreadnoughts".

The United States Army

Infantry: 350,000
Engineers: 50,000
Artillery: 71,000
Total Strength: 471,000

The United States Army, though large compared to many nations', is small when placed against those of the Tripartite or our Allies. More worryingly however, military advisers who have seen the armies of both our allies and enemies in the last decade report that the Army is lagging behind technologically. Most US Infantry Regiments continue to use antiquated rifles from the Spanish-American War era, while European, and possibly Chilean, armies have moved on to bolt-action rifles which can fire as many as seven rounds without a need to reload, which in itself only takes a meager five seconds. Our tactics are also deemed antiquated by these same advisers, indeed, it seems the Army has been successively snubbed since the Civil War in favor of the Navy.

The United States Air Force

Experimental Fighter aircraft: 28
Total Planes: 28

The USAF, despite the copious investments of the James Harrison era, has made little progress in creating usable fighter aircraft. Air Marshal Halliwell believes that all that is needed is money to make use of the push war will give to America's young aviation industry.

Yours sincerely,
John Fitzgerald Harrison

I am of the belief that attack is the best form of defence. The two operations I have proposed aren't as dangerous as the European front will likely become, where smaller numbers of enemy troops will allow us firstly to secure the American continent via an invasion of Chile, and then reduce the pressure on the French by opening up a second Russian front; though these actions are offensive, they carry only small amounts of risk, but could give great gains, and are done in the name of defence.

One last tidbit:

Mobilized, we'd have:

3,525,000 Conscripts
1,128,000 (potential) Regulars

for a whopping total of:

4,653,000 Troops

I would also like to propose the immediate dispatch of two large groups of battleships; one larger groups of around 200 ships in 2 fleets to control the Baltic and one fleet of 100 ships to patrol the Russian Pacific Coastline.

Mr Sullivan we are at war against three of the most powerful nations in the world and you suggest we do nothing! What is the point of signing an alliance with the entente, of agreeing to help the free peoples of Europe if all we do now is sit and wait for the enemy to come to us! The Entente is not trying to build an Empire it is trying to defend its land against the Tsar and the Kaiser.

Do we really need more than one million men, with two of the largest empires on our side? Conscription is unnecessary and merely promotes the idea that the government owns you. I will oppose any form of draft without a second thought. If the cause does not inspire our young men to join the cause, then that says something about what we're fighting for.

As well, I agree that we should not be very aggressive; let us deal with Chile (fairly, I might add) and merely supply our allies with material and hold off sending our men unless it's absolutely necessary. Instead, let us blockade the Russians in the Pacific (but still allow certain goods in, since we don't want civilian deaths), and expand our aeroplane fleet to help turn the tide.

Aye. Let us not conscript. If a man does not want to fight in a war that has little to do with him, then why on earth should he be forced to do so? Such an act goes against the ideals of democracy and freedom.