• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do you play in english? when i play in german the mod have a lot of ctds but playing in english the mod works fine.

I have an annoying bug...

I am having an awesome game with CoF. Howerver, il March 1940 the game crashes, at different dates (between the 10th and the 25th so far). I do not know why. I am in the middle of a war against the Entente. Could it be because I tag-changed a few months ago (Germeny locked in an endless war with Turkestan...) ?

If you know what to do it would be awesome !

I dunno could it be that on your old tag there was an event chain already set in motion that is only available if that tag is a human player and thus it broke the game when you changed tags?

do you have correct checksum / made any changes yourself, did you enter a console command, is there an error message saying something about invalid code line or some?

This is just a glitch I noticed in the German AI. I am playing as France, and took over Austria and made it my puppet. Now I have troops stationed there but Germany does not seem to care.
Yup, German AI is very... trusting of them zany Austrians.

Not sure if these have been noticed already or not, but from my recent play through(s) of this version of KR:

-The CSA doesn't seem to get cores on Eureka after 'integrating' the PSA.

-In the event chain for succession after Reed's death, the choices for Foster's General Secretary have a bit of an issue. Choosing Eugene Dennis gets Ford, who is only available for Browder's chain. It seems to show this in the event file too where the choice for Dennis is 573168 for Ford, rather than 573167 for Dennis.

-"Great Algeria" doesn't get cores on Kasserine. An event from UoB I saw returning north African provinces to CoF also ignores Kasserine.

Haven't had a chance to play through other nations yet.

Last edited:
I'm playing as Canada and it's now January 1941. Earlier I declined to declare war on the Union of Britain during the Iceland crisis as I felt I wasn't ready yet. I'm ready now but I can't declare war on Britain in spite of maxing out my interventionism slider because Britain has 0 belligerence, and isn't likely to get more because the UoB is now at peace after Germany crushed the French Commune. Is there an upcoming event that will put me at war with them or should I start over?

Yeah, you're meant to declare war either after the Iceland crisis or right when the UoB goes to war with Germany (which, because of a little bug, won't happen if the UoB's allied with Iceland), there won't be any event. You could use spies to raise the UoB's belligerence (with the acceptall cheat if you want to declare war fairly soon and you don't mind cheating) if you want to continue the game.

Yup, German AI is very... trusting of them zany Austrians.

I actually had just the opposite happen to me: I was playing as Austria and Germany always put as many men as they could on my border. The Great War started and they still had at least 12 divisions watching me.

A small but annoying bug: When I choose Wrangel to take over Russia, the event flag changes properly but the counters display with a horrendous purple/teal flag that has to be an error.
Same thing happened to me. There's something off about the file format of counter_rus_nat.bmp; I had to run it through counter maker to clear the problem up.

Download this image and place it in your \Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.2\gfx\palette directory.

It would be nice an event for Hungary what bring the capital of AH to Budapest from Vienna, by a civil war. Included all of events with the Daunbien federation. The game is incredibel boring with Hungary if you dont accept the Ausgleich, even if u keep the king, what is one kind of federation, but not the big one Danubian. And anyway the head of state in every country what is part of the AH must be the king. It would be nice if every country what became the puppet of Hungary or Austria recive this event with the head of state, if they dont accept it they will rise up, and those event could be at same time like the ausgleich.
...and decisions would be better instead of events, with all options.
I think if the central powers are the winners in WW1 then the furure of Hungary and Austria isnt separable, with king it isnt a question why, and without the king, the daunibia federation event is a reasonable choice as well for the alternate EU.

Last edited:
Some bugs you may or may not know of:

- When Austria backs its own Pope, and Julius IV refuses and war ensues, Austria and Italy enter non-aggression pact as well as war preventing any military action.
- Germany attacks Austria if it engages in war with any of its own subjects, even if Germany chooses to support Austria. Be it the all-out civil war or a rogue Montenegrin independence when having too much dissent.
- When Danubian Fed gets involved in Spanish CW, supporting the legitimate government increases belligerence of Austria-Hungary which obviously doesn't exist.
- Peace events for Danubian Fed-Romania wars speak of "Austria-Hungary" instead of the Fed.

Last edited:
hello

if i start a 1914 campaign its says that the scenario will end in 1942, how can i play the the 1914-1964 scenario?

This is a question for Darkest Hour. Not Kaiserreich :)

Since nobody answered me there, I'll try my way here. So, again: can KR developers publish the original flag pictures they made for this mod for other people to be able to make shields with different styles? Please :)))