• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Talk here..

download from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?528794-Beta-of-5.1-30th-March-2011

- The naval maintenance factor is now separate per ship type
- Lowered maintenance factor for galleys, and, especially, transports.
- Naval Maintenance is now scaled on tech level.
- Tweaked Horde occupation conquest rules (twice as long required, except for cores or core borders)
- Army AI: Fixed a bug preventing proper army pursuit
- Army AI: Better at rebel whacking
- provinces bordering hordes lose 10% tax instead of 2%
- American Pagans now have a cathedral icon
- Corrected icons for Eastern, Chinese, and Indian Temples + Catherdrals.

I just thought we would need to wait still another week, but luckily I didn't close my computer yet.

Thanks.

Just when I finally got a game going under the old beta... :)

Possible bug in the new naval maintenance. At tech level 51 it gets lower. from 3.9 to 3.0. It then continues to rise to 3.1 etc to a max of 5. Was it meant to go up to 4.0 at tech lvl 51 or is there a reason for the decrease? Further should it cap out at 5.0 earlier at 56 rather than 60 or should it kep on rising to 6.0?

Too bad that 5.0 is unplayable and 5.1 is still not out of beta. Basically now we have two choices: play bugged game with achievements or play bug-free (eh) game without achievements. :-(

Edit: Sakkura, I have the issue with the game gradually slowing down in 5.0 when achievements are activated, so yes, it is unplayable. But you are right, this thread is here for discussion of the patch and not whining, so I'm not going to post in here anymore.

Last edited:
Too bad that 5.0 is unplayable and 5.1 is still not out of beta. Basically now we have two choices: play bugged game with achievements or play bug-free (eh) game without achievements. :-(
Would you like some cheese to go with the whine?

I think Paradox is doing well in fixing and improving DW in the most expedient way; making official patches instead of frequent beta patches would just force us to stay with less functional versions of the game for longer periods of time. Besides, it's not like 5.0 is completely unplayable if you really care so much about achievements (which nobody cared about before DW, so why fret over it now). Additionally, I don't see the great relevance of your complaint in this particular thread, which is about the latest iteration of the beta patch, presumably to gauge the community's response to the changes and progress being made. Which, for my part, would be a thumbs-up as the fixes at first glance look like improvements with no negative side-effects, and address the two most pressing concerns I've had with the previous version (naval maintenance and horde mechanics each being less than optimal).

My checksum is DQKM for gamersgate version

Well, yes. If achievements are important to you, you have a dilemma. I don't recall the initial version being that bad, though, if you really want to use achievements. Indeed, since the last beta was so buggy (bit unusual, that), I debated going back to a the official release, myself.

First glance and a quick hands-off game, this beta isn't "broken" and seems more consistent with Paradox history: highly stable and improved. It will require more runs to see if the elusive balance issues have been addressed adequately. But I suspect it'll be better to play than the official release. Even the last beta was probably more entertaining, once you tweaked two or three variables that were identified in the thread.

The nice thing about the achievements, though, is that it will probably put some slight pressure on Paradox to release a stable beta (maybe this one?) as an official patch sooner rather than later, so it's not lingering for months as with HttT.

Talk here..

I have a question
modders can add for example moddifiers to naval maintance for each ship type for example add big_ship_maintance_modifier or still can only mod the maintance for all ship types ?

Could you also add that maintance diffrance to land units ? and maintance cost in technology for land units
Best

Still no opinion on Splitting Nomad-Colonizable into Nomad-Annexable-Colonizable so you'd have to colonize territories instead of demanding provinces, but still able to make nations with normal diplomacy?

Any idea on fixing the broken Map mod directory?

Nice patch, but those two are vital (mostly the latter). :D

As with the release version and all previous beta versions .mod files that use "Replace = Map" still results in no textures being loaded and "extend = Map" still results in a crash with the following system_error.log entry as the only one that seems related:
"[texturehandler.cpp:123]: Couldn't find texture file: map/terrain/texturesheet3.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:123]: Couldn't find texture file: map/terrain/borders5.tga."