• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is with England and it's CONSTANT call for allies against tribals. I cant tell you how many games I have turn disasterous because my war wearyness has skyrocketed because of the constant and never ending calls by england to fight tribals they never fight. Heck, I recently had to Loose my alliance with them because they called me into one when my war wearniess was at 12.

Its every game too, is there any way to mod this HORRIBLE thing out of the game?

Here is another, how the HECK can the HRE still be, not only in existance, but sort of working when the emperor is Protestant?

Last edited:
What is with England and it's CONSTANT call for allies against tribals. I cant tell you how many games I have turn disasterous because my war wearyness has skyrocketed because of the constant and never ending calls by england to fight tribals they never fight. Heck, I recently had to Loose my alliance with them because they called me into one when my war wearniess was at 12.

Its every game too, is there any way to mod this HORRIBLE thing out of the game?

Here is another, how the HECK can the HRE still be, not only in existance, but sort of working when the emperor is Protestant?

Being at war doesn't increase your WE ( you don't get the 0.08 bonus for being at peace, but it won't raise unless you're fighting/keeping war taxes/taking attrition) Check all your armies and make sure none of them are taking attrition: highlight them all and look for the little coloured % on their stats. If it's anyhting other than a green 0%, they are taking attrition, split them up or move them to provinces with higher supply limit.

The Emperor clearly has the backing of the electors who are either his vassals and/or also protestant. electors will never support heretics unless they are their vassal/PU junior.

Being at war doesn't increase your WE ( you don't get the 0.08 bonus for being at peace, but it won't raise unless you're fighting/keeping war taxes/taking attrition) Check all your armies and make sure none of them are taking attrition: highlight them all and look for the little coloured % on their stats. If it's anyhting other than a green 0%, they are taking attrition, split them up or move them to provinces with higher supply limit.

The Emperor clearly has the backing of the electors who are either his vassals and/or also protestant. electors will never support heretics unless they are their vassal/PU junior.

I dunno why I'm always taking attrition, must be somewhere, but my weariness always skyrockets cuase of england and her wars against maputa or something else useless.

About HRE though, I really have no clue how she works, could never figure it out.

The Enforce Religious Unity diplomacy action is a wonderful thing.

I dunno why I'm always taking attrition, must be somewhere, but my weariness always skyrockets cuase of england and her wars against maputa or something else useless.
Open the outliner and enable the display of armies in it. Select each army in turn (don't just rely on the red highlight, because that only shows you which armies which are suffering more attrition than they can replenish from manpower) and look at the attrition percentage in the top right corner. When you find a non-zero number, move that army (or at least part of it).

About HRE though, I really have no clue how she works, could never figure it out.
I'm not clear what's difficult to figure out about the HRE.

Is there a way (probably editing the game files) to make countries produce less units?

Probably change the Manpower bonus by difficulity.

Can someone explain this to me?

Is this just another case of Paradox not really understanding music history?

38B787C80EDF9BC37297C83785B1E688BADFEF4B

I had Monteverdi earlier, he was ranked 6... Yeah I know, the basso continuo and all but he is NO JS Bach.

I am really hoping that the rank is random because... if not I'm applying to paradox as a music history consultant because they need one, especially after the different 'eras' of music in vicy II

Can someone explain this to me?

Is this just another case of Paradox not really understanding music history?

I had Monteverdi earlier, he was ranked 6... Yeah I know, the basso continuo and all but he is NO JS Bach.

I am really hoping that the rank is random because... if not I'm applying to paradox as a music history consultant because they need one, especially after the different 'eras' of music in vicy II

I laughed a little. I'm pretty sure the rank is random, unless you're playing with historical advisors, which there aren't nearly enough defined to actually make it worthwhile.

Interestingly, Bach is a 5 in the history files, but I don't see Monteverdi in there.

I laughed a little. I'm pretty sure the rank is random, unless you're playing with historical advisors, which there aren't nearly enough defined to actually make it worthwhile.

Interestingly, Bach is a 5 in the history files, but I don't see Monteverdi in there.

I had monteverdi a while back but he didn't spawn for me, I hired him from someone else. Can you tell me where to find that fine? JS Bach is one of three that should be ranked 6 no matter what.

I am playing historical everything

I had monteverdi a while back but he didn't spawn for me, I hired him from someone else. Can you tell me where to find that fine? JS Bach is one of three that should be ranked 6 no matter what.

I am playing historical everything

Historical, ouch. Well, not random, then.

Bach is in /history/advisors/germany.txt.

Monteverdi is in /history/advisors/italy.txt-I missed him the first time through. And he's a 5 in my game version, which is In Nomine.

There are a couple 6s in the history files, but I'm pretty sure they didn't want to define many 6s, just 5s, as 6 is, in a game sense, perfect, and regardless of how good someone was, I think it's fair to say none were perfect. 5 is enough for the great man events, anyway.

Historical, ouch. Well, not random, then.

Bach is in /history/advisors/germany.txt.

Monteverdi is in /history/advisors/italy.txt-I missed him the first time through. And he's a 5 in my game version, which is In Nomine.

There are a couple 6s in the history files, but I'm pretty sure they didn't want to define many 6s, just 5s, as 6 is, in a game sense, perfect, and regardless of how good someone was, I think it's fair to say none were perfect. 5 is enough for the great man events, anyway.

Anyone that can improvise multiple themed fuges off themes they have not heard before, simultaneously in multiple voices is perfect. Mozart never even needed to use an instrument to compose, he had the entirety of his works in his head and could write small pieces to full operas without the use of an instrument to help him compose. Beethoven, well, we dont need to go into why he could be considered perfect in the musical world, since its mostly due to his style being imperfect

Anyone that can improvise multiple themed fuges off themes they have not heard before, simultaneously in multiple voices is perfect. Mozart never even needed to use an instrument to compose, he had the entirety of his works in his head and could write small pieces to full operas without the use of an instrument to help him compose. Beethoven, well, we dont need to go into why he could be considered perfect in the musical world, since its mostly due to his style being imperfect

I don't think this is the place to argue the merits of different musical composers. In game terms, while a six is better than a five it really isn't that much better, at least as I understand it.

How does a province become part of the HRE? Specifically a colony- I want to move my capitol from Lübeck to Brazil, but I can't move it out of the HRE.

In order to become part of the HRE, a province must be adjacent to another province that is part of the HRE (plus restrictions on relations with the Emperor which we'll ignore for now). What this means is your North and/or South American possessions (Brazil, etc) are never going to be able to become part of the HRE, and in order to move your capital there you're going to have to leave the HRE with your current capital province.

I'm not sure how exactly to do that in DW (Chronicles), though, as my understanding is it's no longer a provincial decision, and you may have to leave the HRE with your entire country in order to accomplish what you're after.

How does a province become part of the HRE? Specifically a colony- I want to move my capitol from Lübeck to Brazil, but I can't move it out of the HRE.

Through the provincial decision.
You have to have a magistrate, 100+ relation with the current emperor (if you're not already one), and it has to be adjacent to any existing HRE province, which can be checked from Imperial Map Mode.
Because of that, if your target doesn't have any land connection to Europe (eg New World, islands) there's no easy way to move your capital over.

If you're bent on moving your capital away, you have 2 options.
Become the emperor and form the HRE through the last reform, or leave the HRE by spending a magistrate and pass the provincial decision "Leave the HRE" on your capital, which requires negative opinion on the current emperor, and a magistrate per HRE province you still have to avoid the unlawful territory province modifier.

Through the provincial decision.
You have to have a magistrate, 100+ relation with the current emperor (if you're not already one), and it has to be adjacent to any existing HRE province, which can be checked from Imperial Map Mode.
Because of that, if your target doesn't have any land connection to Europe (eg New World, islands) there's no easy way to move your capital over.

If you're bent on moving your capital away, you have 2 options.
Become the emperor and form the HRE through the last reform, or leave the HRE by spending a magistrate and pass the provincial decision "Leave the HRE" on your capital, which requires negative opinion on the current emperor, and a magistrate per HRE province you still have to avoid the unlawful territory province modifier.

Ok, thanks. Weird thing though, It seems there is a HRE province on the new world- it belongs to some Italian state. Any clue as to how they did it?