• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Distance and your Mercantilism/FT slider. And there's an extra penalty in foreign (at least) CoTs if you can't trace a route through your own territory from your capital to the sea, or if there's no route through the CoT owner's territory from the CoT to the sea.

A CoT in my current game is justa few provinces away. I can reach the sea through my own land, from my capital. The CoT can reach the sea through the owner's lands. Still the cost is sky-high. Why?:/

Can a horde annex a capital province normally? I've take regular provinces in the two year period but the capitals didn't seem to get absorbed. I could have sworn I waited long enough. They were the only provinces the nations had. (Two separate ones, Ramazan and Kashmir.)

A CoT in my current game is justa few provinces away. I can reach the sea through my own land, from my capital. The CoT can reach the sea through the owner's lands. Still the cost is sky-high. Why?:/

You're a mercantalist nation. The difference in cost between +5 and -5 on the trade slider is pretty noticeable (also if you aren't plutocracy).

Can a horde annex a capital province normally? I've take regular provinces in the two year period but the capitals didn't seem to get absorbed. I could have sworn I waited long enough. They were the only provinces the nations had. (Two separate ones, Ramazan and Kashmir.)

If the province has buildings in it they take longer to absorb.

I think it's just trade distance and merc/free trade slider.

Edit: Oh whoops didn't see the next page. Gotta stop assuming just because something's on the bottom it's the most recent.

When an AI nation "Proclaims Guarantee", does the guarantee ever expire? I'm playing as Russia, and a Poland-guaranteed blob-tastic Lithuania is seriously hampering my Westernization efforts. Despite the fact that Poland and Lithuania went to war about 5 years ago, the guarantee is still intact...

When an AI nation "Proclaims Guarantee", does the guarantee ever expire? I'm playing as Russia, and a Poland-guaranteed blob-tastic Lithuania is seriously hampering my Westernization efforts. Despite the fact that Poland and Lithuania went to war about 5 years ago, the guarantee is still intact...

guarantee lasts for 20 years but the AI is very likely to renew it as soon as it expires - that's why it seems to be infinite.

guarantee lasts for 20 years but the AI is very likely to renew it as soon as it expires - that's why it seems to be infinite.

Ah, that would do it. Though I find it odd that Poland would do this after getting backstabbed by Lithuania...

Thanks for the info!

I inherited a country with some colonies, I don't really want to deal with them, but noone wants to buy them either. Whats the best way to get rid of them?
Have you tried selling them for zero ducats?

Yeah I have, to neighbouring colonizers (Naples, Denmark and Savoy in this case) They just don't care about them at all. Provinces are Surinam and some African ones. Should I try other countries even ones that aren't near?
You could try getting into a war with another colonizer, rack up some positive warscore, and use "offer tribute" to force them to accept them in the peace deal.

You could try getting into a war with another colonizer, rack up some positive warscore, and use "offer tribute" to force them to accept them in the peace deal.

Hm this is a good idea, will try this out ASAP. Thanks.

Also:
The AI tends to use guarantees against her enemies, i.e. nobody can conquer you but me!

I do this all the time, especially when I release a nation I want for my own after a war with a bigger power.