• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What does inflation do?

Increase the cost of pretty much everything that costs ducats including buildings, research, and units by a %=to the inflation number. So if your inflation is 10% the buildings that normally cost 46 will cost a bit more than 50. Obviously it is really bad to have a larger empire and have high inflation as tech costs will get really ridiculous.

I am playing as Netherlands. I am part of Hanseatic league.I would like to create a CoT in Manhattan.I'm greatest trading nation on earth. Should I butter up the Hansa.Leave league, Create CoT and then return.Being part of the Hansa makes it easier to monoplize luebeck CoT.

Also is there anyway to guide the Reformation.I'm Reformed and am the only Reformed Country.I'd like to see some others.

I am playing as Netherlands. I am part of Hanseatic league.I would like to create a CoT in Manhattan.I'm greatest trading nation on earth. Should I butter up the Hansa.Leave league, Create CoT and then return.Being part of the Hansa makes it easier to monoplize luebeck CoT.

Also is there anyway to guide the Reformation.I'm Reformed and am the only Reformed Country.I'd like to see some others.
1. Why not destroy the Hansa and take Lubeck for yourself?

2. You can try force-converting people in peace treaties, but it isn't very permanent.

Why share? Go Admin republic and focus on trade (tier 5/6 buildings rock). You can monopolise from outside and its probably fairly soon the league will dissolve anyway (Merchant republic > admin republic is common).

When you go to war you can force religion onother Christians. If you're Emperor you can enforce religious unity.

Edit: Super speed ninjas! Curses, a thousand times curses!

I'm not Emperor(used to be) Thinking about going Admin Republic......I am Tech leader and Income leader. Just deathly afraid of BBB. I'm playing with the Beta.Manpower was scarce. I've got it to respectable levels. (63,000). France according to ledger has 159,000......

I don't want to be left without Allies.Even when i had a 3-5 tech level lead in land tech I was hard fighting against Austria or France because they always had magnificent leaders.

I'm still in the Empire, so the Emperor protects me in AI Calculations and I get offers from countries just not major ones. What pisses me off is that before I did the Reformed thing(I had a mission) France and I were best buds(+190), I even helped him fight HRE Austria. I became Emperor for like a year and poof my relations are -150 for no reason. I am not on the threats or rivals list. Now France is munching the Rhineland minors like nobodies business.

I'm still in the Empire, so the Emperor protects me in AI Calculations and I get offers from countries just not major ones. What pisses me off is that before I did the Reformed thing(I had a mission) France and I were best buds(+190), I even helped him fight HRE Austria. I became Emperor for like a year and poof my relations are -150 for no reason.
Yep, you Reformed and France remained Catholic. When you switch to Reformed, you are basically cutting out all Catholic and Protestant countries.

Yep, you Reformed and France remained Catholic. When you switch to Reformed, you are basically cutting out all Catholic and Protestant countries.

More specifically, converting voluntarily cancels all military alliances with members of the previous religion (even vassals, not sure about unions but probably those as well) and gives a -200 relation hit with every nation of that religion. You also start getting the -.60/yr different religion modifier to relations with them.

1) Can someone PLEASE explain (again :p) the scorched earth? How long does it last when you choose it?
2) Usually, production and trade efficiency rely mainly on my research, besides NIs and other eventual decisions, right? So it is normal to have them low at the beginning, isn't it?

My relations with France went south BEFORE I became Reformed. They literally dropped 350 points for no reason. I know that converting causes all Alliances to break.I had the mission but was waiting to complete it. I wanted to keep my Allies.(France and Castille) I had just fought wars with them.I became Emperor and All of Sudden France is no longer my Ally.I remained Allied to Castille.My King/Emperor died with no heir.So I completed the mission. Even after breaking the Alliance with Castille I still had positive relations.......

When you voluntarily Convert vassals stay vassals but are no longer allied if you were.

1) Can someone PLEASE explain (again :p) the scorched earth? How long does it last when you choose it?
2) Usually, production and trade efficiency rely mainly on my research, besides NIs and other eventual decisions, right? So it is normal to have them low at the beginning, isn't it?

1) scorched earth lasts for 2 years
2) correct

My relations with France went south BEFORE I became Reformed. They literally dropped 350 points for no reason. I know that converting causes all Alliances to break.I had the mission but was waiting to complete it. I wanted to keep my Allies.(France and Castille) I had just fought wars with them.I became Emperor and All of Sudden France is no longer my Ally.

Sounds like they became your natural rival then. That can cause some very unpleasant things to happen.

In theory if you were emperor they could have removed some provinces from the empire and/or gotten formal requests and rejected them although you should have gotten notifications of that happening.

And what are the exact effects of scorched earth?

Severely reduced supply (meaning, more attrition damage) for enemy armies in the scorched zones. I've seen an 86 unit stack quickly boil down to just 16 regiments while besieging a lvl4 fort in a scorched province.

My question: does the provincial decision "Settlement Policy" require the national focus in order to finsh its mission? I moved the national focus elsewhere to establish a new CoT, and I left two active settlement policies at the prior focus location. It has been 80-ish years, and they have not completed changing the provincial culture. It only should only take roughly fifty years, right?

Stuck in an awkward spot here. In my Poland game I initially fought the horde off and got peace with a concession of defeat on my behalf in 1402, and now it's 1407 and the truce should expire on April 26... but it's not:

124076136-4.jpg

124076157-4.jpg

124076170-4.jpg
Any ideas how to fix this? It happened last time I played as Poland too...

Ok, so I had something happen in my current game and I have NO IDEA how it did, wondering if anyone could shed light on it. I have seen both Sweeden loose it's capital to England while still being a nation, and I have seen that also happen to Portugal, it exists but Aragon controls their capital...