• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have no idea. I had just led Spain into a PU peacefully (good royal marriage policy), but had claimed their throne, lowering relations with Savoy. Then, as soon as Spain had entered the PU, Savoy broke the PU, but was still allied.

Does that mean I have to leave all provinces neighboring Manhattan empty or do they have to be colonized for me to move my capital there? The heartland bit makes me think it's the latter.
The provinces surounding your new capital-to-be don't matter. You have to sell or otherwise lose your European provinces surrounding HOLLAND, your current capital. Then your current capital will be isolated, and then you can move your capital to any damn cored overseas province you like.

The provinces surounding your new capital-to-be don't matter. You have to sell or otherwise lose your European provinces surrounding HOLLAND, your current capital. Then your current capital will be isolated, and then you can move your capital to any damn cored overseas province you like.
Or you can move your capital to a European island and then move it to wherever.

Probably answered elsewhere . Will EUIII ever be upgraded if possible to the new Sengoku/CK2 map format? I know it's purely cosmetic but with the new sprite packs it would make an already great game truly stunning.

Im losing prestige because of uncontested claims what should i do?

You either need to take your cores or renounce them via defeat in a war. You can also wait the fifty years for your cores to expire, but only if they aren't part of your culture group; in that case, they'll never expire. The diplomatic mapmode will tell you what your cores are, if you don't already know.

The National Idea Unam Sanctum secondary effect says something about preventing Protestantism and reformation from branches out in your provinces. Same for Divine Supremacy.
Does it mean as well your provinces won't be 'infected' once it is branched out in an other country?

If not, isn't the value of the second effect marginal?

You either need to take your cores or renounce them via defeat in a war. You can also wait the fifty years for your cores to expire, but only if they aren't part of your culture group; in that case, they'll never expire. The diplomatic mapmode will tell you what your cores are, if you don't already know.

To stop the prestige loss you need to be at war with the nation(s) that currently own the provinces you have cores on. These are more permanent solutions.

After playing my EU:IN for the longest time I just upgraded to DW and I have a couple questions.

1. I have been playing Novgorod 1399 and I am having an insanely difficult problem with "hordes" Specifically the golden horde. Because no matter my warscore against them or how many provinces of theirs I occupy I cant barter for any compensation during peace except for making them concede defeat (I can't gain any provinces). What is an effective way to deal with the horde especially one as large as the golden horde?

2. Also When I invaded Muscovy I obtained a 100% warscore with all of their provinces but could not annex them. I think it was like this before in IN but I just want to clarify. Can you only annex a nation if they only had one province left?

Does anyone know exactly the stats on CB with defending? Like Imperialism CB cost 50% infamy, 100% prestige, 75% cost for annexation and demanding any provinces.

All I know that it cost 3 infamy for demanding province with the defending cb. Any spec details on this would be much appreciated.

After playing my EU:IN for the longest time I just upgraded to DW and I have a couple questions.

1. I have been playing Novgorod 1399 and I am having an insanely difficult problem with "hordes" Specifically the golden horde. Because no matter my warscore against them or how many provinces of theirs I occupy I cant barter for any compensation during peace except for making them concede defeat (I can't gain any provinces). What is an effective way to deal with the horde especially one as large as the golden horde?

2. Also When I invaded Muscovy I obtained a 100% warscore with all of their provinces but could not annex them. I think it was like this before in IN but I just want to clarify. Can you only annex a nation if they only had one province left?

1. Occupy their provinces with a few as soldiers as u need as attricion in that area can be pretty bad then send a settler in to get thei provinces from them. If you are unable to do that just surrender to them by offering a tribute, keep in mind if YOU wardec the horde you get war exhaustion.

2. Sometimes the value of the provinces is more than equal to the 100% WS. You can usually annex countries with 3 or fewer cores.

This is probably a stupid question in the wrong forum but it's been annoying me. If Ireland was united prior to 1500 would it be called Ireland, Hibernia, Eriu or Eire?
United by who? The Anglo-Irish-Norman-Welsh nobility, or a native Celtic resurgence? In the first case, Ireland, or Irlonde in Norman French. In the second, Éire. Hibernia was the Latin name, although Scotia or Magna Scotia ('Greater Scotland') was also widely used in this period.

United by who? The Anglo-Irish-Norman-Welsh nobility, or a native Celtic resurgence? In the first case, Ireland, or Irlonde in Norman French. In the second, Éire. Hibernia was the Latin name, although Scotia or Magna Scotia ('Greater Scotland') was also widely used in this period.
Thanks, I admit I thought it may of been the Latin name, if the Irish managed to unite themsellves somehowe since Britain was and is still widely used. Well, I learn everyday.