• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
im playing burgundy and my naval force limit is only 3 lol. How can i improve this? cant really colonise with that :p
Take more provinces, shift your culture to match the culture of your coastal provinces, build naval buildings (assuming you're playing Divine Wind).

hmm thanks. What affect does haveing different culutre have? Where can i see this? How do you shift culture?

To shift cultures you have to have more provinces of that culture than your primary culture, and have your capital be in that culture. It would give you more naval forcelimits per province of that culture. (Personally, I don't think it's worth it generally, but a lot of people seem to enjoy culture shifting (especially to form nations)).

hmm thanks. What affect does haveing different culutre have?
Provinces that aren't in your culture group only contribute half the normal value to naval forcelimits.

To shift cultures you have to have more provinces of that culture than your primary culture, and have your capital be in that culture. It would give you more naval forcelimits per province of that culture. (Personally, I don't think it's worth it generally, but a lot of people seem to enjoy culture shifting (especially to form nations)).

Culture or culture group ?

why am I not able to leave the HRE as Burgundy? I have negative relations but I dont see no province decison. When I go into the HRE tab I can leave but I have to give up two provinces. Is this the only way ? Thanks.

The province decision will only appear if the nation itself isn't part of the HRE. To leave, click the option on the HRE screen. (I don't know how giving up provinces works, though.)

Culture or culture group ?

Culture group. The wiki says "Contribution of provinces of a different culture group (even if accepted) or non-state religion is halved."

When looking purely at the military characteristics of governments, what do people consider better, Absolute Monarchy or Republican Dictatorship?

In other words, +5% discipline or +0.10 Land morale?

I've got two questions:

1) I'm playing as Milan and chose to leave the HRE, but my provinces are still shown as being within the HRE and I keep getting the mission to become emperor. Also, I'm still shown as an elector, though my shield is greyed out. Am I missing something? How do I completely remove myself from the HRE?

2) There is a strange situation in my game where Aragon somehow became steppe nomads and are relegated to the Baleares. Is there any way to declare war or colonize them? It doesn't seem possible to actually border them.

I've got two questions:

1) I'm playing as Milan and chose to leave the HRE, but my provinces are still shown as being within the HRE and I keep getting the mission to become emperor. Also, I'm still shown as an elector, though my shield is greyed out. Am I missing something? How do I completely remove myself from the HRE?

2) There is a strange situation in my game where Aragon somehow became steppe nomads and are relegated to the Baleares. Is there any way to declare war or colonize them? It doesn't seem possible to actually border them.

1. If all those things are true, it sounds like you're still in the HRE. Did you click on the button to leave the HRE in the Emperor screen? There's also a province decision for provinces to leave HRE; perhaps that's what you chose. Your own shield is always greyed out in the HRE election screen.

2. You could declare war, but you'd take the -2 stab hit.

1.) You won't stop getting the Become Emperor mission, but you can remove all your provinces with magistrates.
2) Wow, that's weird o_O Are you playing a mod? If they're an island they can't be at war and you can't annex them.

As to the first question, I did click the leave HRE button, and I haven't had the 2 magistrates available to remove a province in awhile, I'll try that.

I'm not playing a mod, but basically I can't declare war on Aragon, it says you have to be bordering the nomads to declare war, I think they will just be permanently isolated on the island. It's really weird.