• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone give me a list of things that influence through which CoT provinces trade? Preferably an exact one.

Ah, sorry your question has yet to be answered.

• Distance from CoT
  • Culture
  • Religion
  • Province/CoT Owner
  • Trade League Status
  • Trade Right Status

These are all the major factors. Distance is the most powerful of all of those (excepting Trade Rights) originally, but weakens as the province gets further from the CoT, as you might guess. Culture and Religion are both minor factors, generally they only tip provinces that are right on the fence between two CoTs. In addition, a province is more likely to trade through a CoT that is owned by the same nation that controls the province.

Finally, provinces are more likely to trade through Trade League CoTs (Members of the Hanseatic League are more likely to trade through Lubeck, for instance). Provinces whose owners give trade rights to a league will ALWAYS trade through that league's CoT (For example, if I ask for Gold rights from Aquilea, then all their Gold-producing provinces will now trade in my CoT)

Hope this helps.

~Gela

The DW manual says that vassals are automatically in the SoI. I think that is false as i can add them to it. Bug or wrong manual?

Manual is wrong.

The DW manual says that vassals are automatically in the SoI. I think that is false as i can add them to it. Bug or wrong manual?

I think it was changed at some point. You now need to put your vassals into your SoI separately.

As TO, can I take the guilded iconography decision as soon as I take that NI church attendance day?

You need at least one church somewhere.

Hi

Am playing as Japan and my tech levels are all 7 or 8 and i have noticed that the other Asian countries seem to be a little further ahead than me in regards to army and naval techs, and European countries are in the teens closing in on the 20s. Am i doing something wrong here? :S

Hi

Am playing as Japan and my tech levels are all 7 or 8 and i have noticed that the other Asian countries seem to be a little further ahead than me in regards to army and naval techs, and European countries are in the teens closing in on the 20s. Am i doing something wrong here? :S

That's normal. Non-Western countries have a penalty to research.

i have a very stupid question.

how do you delete saved games? The list of saved games in the saved games window is way too long. how do you remove them?

somebody just responded to this when i asked it its within 5 pages of this one

How can I create a trade league?
Use the decision , if you are a republic with a CoT in your capital , with enough placed merchants
In other words, to have a trade league you must become a Merchant Republic; it's a feature of that government type. The decision is Adopt Plutocratic Administration and not all republics are eligible, only noble, admin, and dictatorship.

In other words, to have a trade league you must become a Merchant Republic; it's a feature of that government type. The decision is Adopt Plutocratic Administration and not all republics are eligible, only noble, admin, and dictatorship.

Ok, thanks. And is it worth to join a trade league instead? I don't think I could turn my empire into a merchant republic...

BTW, what could happen if I annex another country that owns a trade league? Could I continue it or would it be automatically destroyed?

Ok, thanks. And is it worth to join a trade league instead? I don't think I could turn my empire into a merchant republic...

BTW, what could happen if I annex another country that owns a trade league? Could I continue it or would it be automatically destroyed?

itt will be automatically destroyed since - as stated above - only merchant republics can lead trade leagues and they always do.

joining in a league is worth it IMO. there's the "trade station" provincial event which gives you +10% tax and -1 RR and you can give exclusive trade rights for trade goods to the leader which gives you +66% production efficiency in the provinces producing that type of goods.
the only downside of it that you cannot create CoTs.

AI won't accept warscore conditions that exceed 100%, even if I conquer everything, correct?

Because vassalizing Novgorod as Muscowy is currently 101% - I've conquered everything but their far east provinces, and I wanted to know if I need to just take some provinces off them and wait five years to do it again, or if that's close enough that I should continue on and try and get the vassalization here and now.

Also, what's the size you can switch culture on colonies? I took Karelia off Novgorod hoping to take the vassal score down to 100%, but to no avail, and Kola was uncolonized until just a couple months ago, when Sweden finally swiped it. I'm contemplating grabbing it while it's small, but I don't remember how little it had to be before you could switch the culture on it.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry your question has yet to be answered.

• Distance from CoT
  • Culture
  • Religion
  • Province/CoT Owner
  • Trade League Status
  • Trade Right Status

These are all the major factors. Distance is the most powerful of all of those (excepting Trade Rights) originally, but weakens as the province gets further from the CoT, as you might guess. Culture and Religion are both minor factors, generally they only tip provinces that are right on the fence between two CoTs. In addition, a province is more likely to trade through a CoT that is owned by the same nation that controls the province.

Finally, provinces are more likely to trade through Trade League CoTs (Members of the Hanseatic League are more likely to trade through Lubeck, for instance). Provinces whose owners give trade rights to a league will ALWAYS trade through that league's CoT (For example, if I ask for Gold rights from Aquilea, then all their Gold-producing provinces will now trade in my CoT)

Hope this helps.

~Gela

Thats quite nice, however i was looking for more precise information, or where to find it, meaning exactly how much each factor weighs instead of "influences towards it"

AI won't accept warscore conditions that exceed 100%, even if I conquer everything, correct?

Because vassalizing Novgorod as Muscowy is currently 101% - I've conquered everything but their far east provinces, and I wanted to know if I need to just take some provinces off them and wait five years to do it again, or if that's close enough that I should continue on and try and get the vassalization here and now.

Also, what's the size you can switch culture on colonies? I took Karelia off Novgorod hoping to take the vassal score down to 100%, but to no avail, and Kola was uncolonized until just a couple months ago, when Sweden finally swiped it. I'm contemplating grabbing it while it's small, but I don't remember how little it had to be before you could switch the culture on it.

Exactly. You have to take one province from them, and then vassalize them in the next war. Or make them release some minor. You can switch culture in enemy colonies as long as they are colonies by sending another colonist there, and afterwards via decision up till a certain size, which you are asking for but i sadly don't know. But from your description i assume it is still a colony?