• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just checked, and although I can't find the capital of Cherokee, I do own the potential capitals of Creek and Shawnee. None of them still exist.

Is it possible I just have too many potential releasable nations? I have over 20 from my conquest of India and Indonesia. However I don't think that's it, as European Portugal itself is releasable, and it was gained at the same time as North America.

Also, after looking through my releasable vassals, it appears that I can't release the Inca or any of formerly Portuguese Africa.

No, this is working correctly. The changed culture in their former provinces is the reason you can't release them.

They will change religion and culture, as changing from an pagan religion changes the province's culture. I -think- the tech group will change to your tech group, although their tech level will be the same as when they were annexed.

No pagans in North Africa.
Also I don't think the tech group will change.

Is there any way to abandon a colony? I've looked but I couldn't find anything. The only way I can do it is if i can manage to try & sell a colony-stage province to an AI nation for nothing & then use the Incite Natives spy mission to destroy it.

I own the EU3 Complete (which obviously isn't very 'complete' :p) boxed copy.

If i were to buy HttT on Impulse, would it work with my boxed copy of EU3 Complete?

In DW, maaaaannnnnnyyy questions.

1. Tech Unit Off. fire Def. fire Off. shock Def. shock Off. morale Def. morale
13 Culverin 2 2 2 2 3 3
15 Small Cast Iron Cannon 2 1 2 1 2 2
15 Large Cast Iron Cannon 3 1 3 1 2 1

what's the merrit of small cannons? 15 lv small is weaker than 13 lv culverin and they seem to have same manuever. I don't see any merit.

2. sometimes my army morale max is 2.75 but only 2.25 is filling. i set maintenance maximum. and if other factors are affecting my morale, shouldn't they lower my max(2.75) as well?

3. how do I break an alliance with hordes? (they only answer to iron and gold!) I got in this by giving them independence by peace agreement.

4. is their a way to PERMANANTLY make ur monarch an immortal?

i need to rollplay a vampire ruler with high attribute but they die like in 4,5 years. so I edited text file define.txt and tried to give differnet value to monarchs death chance from 4 -> 0, -1, 1, 0.1 and so on but my ruler always die and doesn't last more than 20 years! (even tried -100. dies regardlessly. ah, what's the formula?)

is there any other soft coded value I can touch?

thank you in advance!

Is there any way to abandon a colony? I've looked but I couldn't find anything. The only way I can do it is if i can manage to try & sell a colony-stage province to an AI nation for nothing & then use the Incite Natives spy mission to destroy it.

Try attacking the natives then running away from the fight ASAP. If it works, the natives will carry on and destroy the colony.

I own the EU3 Complete (which obviously isn't very 'complete' :p) boxed copy.

If i were to buy HttT on Impulse, would it work with my boxed copy of EU3 Complete?

Yes. You have to use one of the digital distributers to buy the expansions after Complete.

what's the merrit of small cannons? 15 lv small is weaker than 13 lv culverin and they seem to have same manuever. I don't see any merit.

There is no benefit.

2. sometimes my army morale max is 2.75 but only 2.25 is filling. i set maintenance maximum. and if other factors are affecting my morale, shouldn't they lower my max(2.75) as well?

Check your maximum in the military tab overlay. It should also read 2.75, but it may be reading 2.25 if your armies are only filling to 2.25. Point is, it may just be some sort of display bug and your maximum really is only 2.25. I don't think attrition or any other factors keep your morale from going to 100%.

Other than that, I can only advise waiting a couple more months to see if that works.

3. how do I break an alliance with hordes? (they only answer to iron and gold!) I got in this by giving them independence by peace agreement.

I'd be willing to bet that you can't, and that this is a bug report that should be filed.

4. is their a way to PERMANANTLY make ur monarch an immortal?

No. What I would do is set your autosave to quarterly, then every time your monarch dies, go back to the last autosave and reset his birthdate to 16 years before the current date. That will make him young again but won't put you in regency.

No. What I would do is set your autosave to quarterly, then every time your monarch dies, go back to the last autosave and reset his birthdate to 16 years before the current date. That will make him young again but won't put you in regency.

Oh, thank you very much. Would you please tell me how to reset a monarch's birthdate? I've searched the forum to find editing method of a savefile but wasn't successful at finding anything valid for DW.

Do you use mercenaries?

Yes, indeed I do. Is there any corelation?? I would like to know if you don't mind elaborating further.

Last edited:
Oh, thank you very much. Would you please tell me how to reset a monarch's birthdate? I've searched the forum to find editing method of a savefile but wasn't successful at finding anything valid for DW.

Open the save file with notepad or notepad++. Do a search for your ruler's first name (plus regnal number if applicable). Once you've found him, look just below his name and you'll see "birth_date=xxxx.xx.xx".

Here's an entry from my single-player game I'm going to convert to Vicky 2 once the converter is done:

Code:
        1548.7.4=
        {
            monarch=
            {
                name="Willem VII"
                DIP=6
                ADM=4
                MIL=6
                id=
                {
                    id=8105
                    type=37
                }
                dynasty="von Yoshi"
                birth_date="1533.7.4"
            }

Translation: On July 4th, 1548, Willem VII von Yoshi (who was born July 4th, 1533 and has stats of 6/4/6) rose to the throne of the Netherlands.

Whenever your king dies, just copy the date in the very first line of the save file, paste it in the "birth_date" line for your monarch, and subtract 16 years from it.

Edit: Interesting fact: Searching my save file, my current king was 63 when he came to the throne, and he just turned 70.

I read on impulse that you have to have their version of the main game. I bought HTTT on gamesplanet yesterday and it worked fine.

Curious. They probably just want the extra money from buyers who get EU3 from them instead of installing on their boxed edition.

Last edited:
Is there a reveal map cheat? Can't seem to find it, want to try some hands off till Ming implodes and reload as one of the revolters, preferably Wu.

New player here with a query about sliders.

Every change looks like a disaster waiting to happen when I look at the impact. 33% is quite a high chance and often each move has more than 1 negative reaction. I played IN for 10 minutes a couple of days ago before I quit and decided to update to HTTT as I liked the look of the features. In that 10 minutes I started as Milan and I made a policy shift towards centralisation and a peasant revolt 3 times the size of my army emerged and blew me apart, lol.

I just started up a game and there seems to be risk in every move, so I am wondering...

1) Should I always make a slider change when available?

2) If no when is the appropriate time to keep things as they are?

1)Yes. Though be cognizant of the consequinces of your actions. If you're in the middle of a bad Peasants War or Time of Trouble going a step towards centralization might not be worth another reble army or a hit to your stability.

33% is quite a high chance and often each move has more than 1 negative reaction.
It's not a 33% chance of each of the three reactions, it's a 100% chance that you'll get one of the three, determined at random.

You were unlucky in getting such a bad result as Milan - but the thing is, the size of a peasant revolt is determined by the wealth of the province, and Milan has a huge tax value. That means huge revolts. In your case, you'd need to build up your army to the maximum force limlt, and maybe appoint a good general, before clicking the slider move. Later on in the game when you've much stronger and have multiple armies you'll see peasant revolts as mere target practice. In general, make sure you can afford the worst result from the slider move - but any bad effect will likely only act for a short time; the long-term benefits of the slider move will be a permanent boost to your country.

(Of course, you should plan which direction to move your sliders in as part of your overall strategy; if the slider's already in a good position there's no point moving it!)

Is there a reveal map cheat? Can't seem to find it, want to try some hands off till Ming implodes and reload as one of the revolters, preferably Wu.

No. However, you can probably just use the RN mod's event for discovering the entire world when you start at a later date for you outside of the rest of the mod.

Also: WOOT TEXAS!

2) If no when is the appropriate time to keep things as they are?

Early game, don't do moves that carry giant rebel armies with them.

Otherwise, don't use a slider move just to use it. Make sure you're doing something you want to do, i.e. get a ND available, or perhaps an event, or just further your nation's awesomeness when you're stable.

I thought the revolt size seemed a bit high as when I watch EU3 on youtube the revolts were smaller. I will keep that in mind now. Thanks for the pointers and for clarifying the chance system.

I thought the revolt size seemed a bit high as when I watch EU3 on youtube the revolts were smaller. I will keep that in mind now. Thanks for the pointers and for clarifying the chance system.

Tip for when/if you go colonizing: Due to revolts depending on province wealth/base tax/manpower/population, the New World provinces usually just have a couple regiments (usually inf only) spawn for rebels. Two or three 5k cav stacks can take care of everything east of the Mississippi.

Cheers Orange Yoshi. I think at the start I am going to try and use sliders towards economic/trade boosts and not revolt risk ones until I have a decent force.

A couple more quick questions

1) When I start out in peacetime I put my army maintenance at half, is that a good move or should I leave it at max?

2) I am reluctant to spend too much and it seems that you don't have alot of gold considering how much it costs to do certain actions. Is there an amount it is best to always have in reserve? and also I suppose this links in with what is the recommended peacetime gamespeed as getting around to the next year gives more gold?

1) When I start out in peacetime I put my army maintenance at half, is that a good move or should I leave it at max?

Don't just drop it half-way. Drop it to about 10%. Your armies will still recieve reinforcements in cases of attrition or recovery from battles with rebels and the like, but you won't be spending much on them at all. Just turn it up and wait a couple months before DOW'ing or engaging rebel stacks.

2) I am reluctant to spend too much and it seems that you don't have alot of gold considering how much it costs to do certain actions. Is there an amount it is best to always have in reserve? and also I suppose this links in with what is the recommended peacetime gamespeed as getting around to the next year gives more gold?

There is no real "set amount to have in reserve". Personally, I don't spend a thing all year and then build my buildings and troops in December so I don't accidentally take a loan due to having a negative monthly income (which is normal, btw!). For the first several decades, I usually spend everything I've got in December and then just save my census taxes until next December.

Also, I usually run on speed 4 or 5, pausing for events and stuff.