• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(242473)

Corporal
2 Badges
Dec 26, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Dear Paradox Interactive,

I recently bought Iron Cross and I make it all the way to the scenario selection stage and it breaks down (happens right after I launch the scenario). I have HoI 2 and all the expansions for it to date, and all are genuine copies properly installed. Yet I can't play Iron Cross.

My brother says that my computer can play the game and have no problems. This is shown when I play Armageddon without trouble. I have tried uninstalling every HOI 2 expansion pack and the original HoI 2 and then reinstalled them onto my computer. I have even tried debugging my computer which still didn't help.

I am at a loss and I need some advice, what should I do?

P.S: I have not installed the patch because without the game working it is a non entity. Earlier I did have it but even then the game still wouldn't work.

What is the latest patch installed for Armageddon? It must be 1.2.

The last official patch is 1.2. There's an unofficial patch 1.3b, but IIRC Iron cross wont work correctly with it.

I know, I wanted the answer from Uncle Sam:)

@Turul: I didn't know about the unofficial patch for Armageddon, I only have the latest official patch which is 1.2.

@Java of Flanders: Thank you for forwarding me to your thread. I will try some of the solutions and get back to you all.

@FlyingDutchman: I noticed that and made sure to choose Armageddon.

I have had the same problem: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?512250-Crash-when-starting

So, try another resolution and if that doesn't help, do a complete re-install.

Okay I looked at the thread and tried one of the solutions. Unfortunately I crashed and burned somehow.

I completely uninstalled HoI 2 and it's expansion packs. And I then scanned the computer for bugs removed them. Third I got rid of all the cookies. Once that was done I used the control panel to search for all files related to HoI 2 and deleted them. Unfortunately that is when the problems began. Once I reinstalled all the programs I found that I couldn't even use HoI 2. So I put back all that I had removed, which solved part of the problem (I think). I can't install HoI 2, it gives me it can only remove part of the file. DD and Arm come out fine, and I can play them like nothing is wrong. Iron Cross though is saying that the file to play the game can't be found. Which means I need to reinstall it, which I will be doing as we speak.

So in summary. HoI 2 is somehow messed up. DD and Arm work fine. And Iron Cross is as elusive as usual.

Got any suggestions, on what I did wrong and how to fix it? Please?

Hi

1- Install DoomsDay-Armageddon in c:\games\ironcross or c:\ironcross
2- Download the patch 1.2 : http://www.gamersgate.com/patches/HoI2DDArmageddonPatch1_2.exe and install in the c:\games\ironcross or c:\ironcross
3- Install Iron Cross in c:\games\ironcross or c:\ironcross (the same path that doomsday-armageddon)
4- Play

You need install IronCross in the same directory that your armageddon game

Hi

2- Download the patch 1.2 : http://www.gamersgate.com/patches/HoI2DDArmageddonPatch1_2.exe and install in the c:\games\ironcross or c:\ironcross
3- Install Iron Cross in c:\games\ironcross or c:\ironcross (the same path that doomsday-armageddon)
4- Play

It worked! I can finally play the game, all I need to do now is to adjust the resolution to see the dates for the research tech and I will be fine.

Thanks to all that contributed, it is nice to know that there are people willing to help each other out.

Perfect

Don't forget install the patch 1.01, and the revision 3 (if you want)

Perfect

Don't forget install the patch 1.01, and the revision 3 (if you want)

Thanks for reminding me. Question (actually I have a few questions if you don't mind answering).

First the Tech Tree seems to lack a dating system (such as this tech was created in such in such year). Is this the case or do I need to adjust me resolution which is on 1400X900 (both game and comp)? If there is no dating system is there a guide so that I can figure out which tech came first.

Second, I heard you could invest points in a series of categories. When I looked to do that in the game I couldn't find it. Is there such a thing or have I misheard?

And lastly what is revision 3?

Edit:

One last question... I hope. XD.
What does the Conversions and Expenses have to do with the game and how do I gain access to them.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?514074-Very-High-Supply-Consumption-Problem

Last edited:
No dates for the techs, do anything as you wish. The Technoflechas.exe will help you to understand the techtree. A little bit difficult at the first time, but later you will find it awesome:D

I have a another problem with iron cross and i can't fix it.

İ have Darkest Hour version 1.03. Every mod is working but iron cross not working with darkest hour 1.03.

Is anyone know the solution??

Hi

4- Play

I Did this, game starts, i get to the screen where i can choose the scenario's and the starting dates, i slect one, select a country, game starts loading and just before it finished loading it crashes...tried reinstalling 7 times now already, alwasy the same thing...and i'm getting a bit desperate now... shouldn't be such a hassle even.