• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is horrible. My savegame size has jumped to somewhere around 180mb, loading and saving takes a lot of time. If I accidentally leave Paradox Connect logged in when unpausing the game, well, it's now taken 5 minutes and it hasn't progressed a day.

Fully westernized by 1589. I fought like... 10 wars? With shitty troops like creek musketeers. :p

Was fun.

EDITED: Why cant i build some armouries? Bah. No way to increase manpower like that.

Last edited:
Fully westernized by 1589. I fought like... 10 wars? With shitty troops like creek musketeers. :p

Was fun.

EDITED: Why cant i build some armouries? Bah. No way to increase manpower like that.

You can build armories through the ledger, but not through the province interface. Same for all the other buildings missing graphics for certain cultures.

You can build armories through the ledger, but not through the province interface. Same for all the other buildings missing graphics for certain cultures.

Actually, you can build them through the province interface, but you have to click on the lower area of the "progress bar" of the building.

In my Cherokee game I went for higher support limit building Constables and Workshops (and colonizing of course - ventures was my first NI) to increase it. I think it's more useful to have a larger standing army than have more manpower reserves. You are more intimidating for AI and can gang on their smaller landing forces with overwhelming numbers.

In other news, I'm still banging my head against the wall of religious warfare in my Austria game. :-|

Posted this elsewhere but it was intended for here:

What is the fastest date to do HRE unification? Austria game is fun, but I was so good at my game I pretty much vassalized everything and it got boring quite fast. I am 3 reforms in in 1505, battling all the "enforce religious unity" when d-bag minors like Aachen convert, I force convert them back and half a year later during a truce still they convert again removing 10 authority from me, which I can do nothing about.

It's pretty irritating. I think they should have conversion blocked at least until truce runs out. I fought 2/3 of the world to convert Aachen (guarantees) - and now they are protestant again a couple weeks later.

Something fishy hapened in my cherokee game. Its 1801 but i havent received the achievement and i am fully westernized, obviously. Any hint whats going on?

Aparently i could only get the achievement in the day of transaction between 31 of december of 1799 to 1 of january of 1800. Doing such, however, took me like... 1 minute. Yep. Massive lag when connected to Paradox Connect that late in game.

Aparently i could only get the achievement in the day of transaction between 31 of december of 1799 to 1 of january of 1800. Doing such, however, took me like... 1 minute. Yep. Massive lag when connected to Paradox Connect that late in game.

Ouch. Quick, get your next achievement! Get first place while you can! :p

(I'll take it back - or at least tie you up - but unifying Africa could take a while. Just finished westernizing Songhai.)

just got around to do the 3 union achievement an excellent thing to try as i have not dabbled much in this area before. Managed to fabricate claim on Brandenburg, get a union with Saxe-laurenburg through a royal marriage and claim throne on Naples. By 1421 my king died and i inherited all of them ... my glorious Austria just got a whole lot divided. I got cores on Saxe-laurenburg and all of Brandenburgs land however nothing on Naples, is this normal?

Might as well pop in. I just finished the Cherokee achievement. I never had a game so boring. After I westernised it was just waiting till 1800. And fighting of catholics and muslims every year. So reading a book wasn't possible. :p

The thingie places me at #18 with 420 gamerscore. Hat's off to Birdboy for his first place.

Just finished my Cherokee games aswell, and it was just like you said super boring. I was in war with Castille for 90 years or something just because didn't have any ships ( and they had 1 colony...) and last 150 years was just random declarations of war by all of europe.

You won't make it! What year is it?

Of course I have nearly no chance :D , but I have a goal to work towards. It's 1415 and I've managed to grab some territories in South East Asia and the Ming are having stability problems. Things are looking quite good.

African Power complete. This is probably as many achievements as I'll get for a while, unless the luck one (if it is indeed bugged - if it's not, I'm sure enough that it is that I won't try anyway :p) is fixed in the patch or more achievements are added.

Can Poland Into Space is both extremely time-consuming and difficult - I failed on my first playthrough, and I'm not sure what strategy to use, and I don't *want* to waste another few hours trying only to fail. Jihad, Three Mountains, and regular WC are probably beyond my skills - I'd need a strategy guide from someone who *did* pull them off. If anyone can.

Why did you fail Poland? I had tech 64 as f*ing Cherokee in 1800. If I can do it as Cherokee, I can do it as anyone... :) Trade a lot (6 merchants in every CoT at full Free Trade) and don't conquer too much after westernizing. At the same time get Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite cultural decision with -20% tech costs and you're good to go.

WCs are broken until they fix embassy and alliances so I'm not even bothering with those. All About Luck is bugged and doesn't register. Other than those I think I will also eventually get everything else. I still haven't done a lot of simple ones, Basileus or Sweden among them. :)

Because 72 costs a lot more than 71 to begin with - 71 is where I maxed out. Because tech cost X years ahead grows exponentially I think. (Not sure of the exact formula. But when 60 years ahead it costs a LOT more.)

...and possibly because I decided to set up as an OPM in a landlocked province (instead of, say, conquering Danzig, coring it, and moving my capital there) and missed out on lucrative non-Euro trade markets, or because I had trouble maintaining high prestige at one point and may have been a few years shy on LEF. But even if I had done those right I'm not sure if it'd be enough.

Last edited:
Looks like even Cherokee is getting impossible for me. Not because it's difficult, far from it, but because the save size grows HUGE and the game lags a lot.

Birdboy, you said you don't want to "waste another few hours trying" (to get the Poland achievement). How can it only take a few hours for you to finish the game?