• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_5.jpg

Attached is my first DW game as Tachibana. Succeeded in uniting Japan. Throughout the game I had to put many a malcontent to the sword before my brilliant rule was accepted by the ignorant masses.

My impressions is that it was fairly easy to unite Japan and then conquer Asia. I started out colonizing Siberia and that gave me a base to conquer the Chinese states. I fully westernized but failed to modernize my military. The later heirs were not up to the challenge of producing a level 7 to implement. Still my armies were more than a match for the opponents I faced.

1. Build up your army to maximum force limit
2. Fight your way to the HRE
3. Vasaliize everyone
4. ???
5. Profit

EU3_40.jpg

...i survived as yaroslavl but couldn't as muscowy...lol. Not having a border with GH for 20-30 years is SO nice. No DOW every 5 years...

The thing that REALLY REALLY sucks about fighting hordes is WE. Suddenly I'm in 3 wars and i have ~10 WE. :(.

(ps, take a look at navara oO)

Japan 1821 (Game end) (No beta patches)
dNcAH.png

Been a good campaign, had its rage, had its triumph and was the first time playing an Asian Campaign and my first campaign on Divine wind.

Japan is ruled by the prosperous Lui dynasty who also rules the Khmer (Vassals) and Ming. (And also used to rule the Shan, Oirat Horde and also a couple other minors)

Not the biggest empire any EU3 player has made but I played my way which usually chugging through the game without trying to conquer everything.

Rest of the World
(Labeled for use on forums who don't know the colors of every faction)
Ruqcu.png
Map pretty much speaks for itself.

Yes Britanny and Flanders have moved their capitals to the new world.

That little pale-pink province on the coast near Venezuela is UPCA.

Baluchistan fell like rock.

Oman is one of the most technology advanced nations, As in like the top 10, I found this out a while back when they trashed my armies several times in spite of being outnumbered.

Kokkland... *snicker* :D

EU3_40.jpg

...i survived as yaroslavl but couldn't as muscowy...lol. Not having a border with GH for 20-30 years is SO nice. No DOW every 5 years...

The thing that REALLY REALLY sucks about fighting hordes is WE. Suddenly I'm in 3 wars and i have ~10 WE. :(.

(ps, take a look at navara oO)

You just occupy them and sit there.

Muscowy->Russia through 1721:
russianworld1721.jpg

russiaempire1721.jpg

My only remaining conquest is Riga, who is a vassal of Burgundy. Normally that wouldn't be all that problematic, but Burgundy made good use of the time I spent colonizing Asia and North America...
russia1721.jpg

russiaarmies.jpg

My last war with the HRE looked something like this:
russiaburgcorfuwar.jpg

I weathered wave after wave of invaders well enough to drive back their initial push into Russia, and free my vassals in the Balkans, but couldn't get much farther than a few Austrian and Mazovian provinces on the border. 20+ WE and 40+ countries using all their spies on me had over half my army just running around playing rebel whack-a-mole. I had them down to about 250k troops at one point, but they rebounded and hung around 400k for the rest of the war. I couldn't get my war score high enough to undo the vassalizing of all the HRE members (which cost me three vassals myself), so I tried to sow a little chaos by converting Burgundy to Orthodox. That didn't end up working, aside from carving out a swath of Orthodox provinces in Western Europe :p. At this point I might be better off if they actually do form the HRE.

Muscowy->Russia through 1721:
russianworld1721.jpg

russiaempire1721.jpg

My only remaining conquest is Riga, who is a vassal of Burgundy. Normally that wouldn't be all that problematic, but Burgundy made good use of the time I spent colonizing Asia and North America...
russia1721.jpg

russiaarmies.jpg

My last war with the HRE looked something like this:
russiaburgcorfuwar.jpg

I weathered wave after wave of invaders well enough to drive back their initial push into Russia, and free my vassals in the Balkans, but couldn't get much farther than a few Austrian and Mazovian provinces on the border. 20+ WE and 40+ countries using all their spies on me had over half my army just running around playing rebel whack-a-mole. I had them down to about 250k troops at one point, but they rebounded and hung around 400k for the rest of the war. I couldn't get my war score high enough to undo the vassalizing of all the HRE members (which cost me three vassals myself), so I tried to sow a little chaos by converting Burgundy to Orthodox. That didn't end up working, aside from carving out a swath of Orthodox provinces in Western Europe :p. At this point I might be better off if they actually do form the HRE.

Looks absolutely beautiful, and the mega-Burgundy makes it look even better!

And Poland, if you want to reconstruct the Ruski Empire that is.

My current borders should cover all the Polish and Lithuanian territories taken through the 3rd partition. I figure if I can make some headway in to the area I'll create a vassal Poland out of the rest. Gotta have those satellite states to shield me from the German threat, you know. ;)

I'm also itching to carve a Mongolia vassal state out of Ming, but I need to use Promote Cultural Unity on two of my provinces first, and one won't convert to Russian despite the fact that it's been running a settlement policy for 130+ years, and all the neighboring provinces have switched to Russian. I swear, it'll be 1821 and every one of my provinces will be Russian except that one.

Macknull, could you at least spoiler a huge quote like that?

I'd very much like to request this as well, of everyone. If you're too lazy to edit out pictures from quotes (or just don't want to, which is actually kinda understandable) at least put it in spoiler tags so the forum pages don't take an eternity to load.

Well, when you make us scroll three whole screens just to get your one-line reply, I consider that rather a waste of time when you could simply have spoilered the quote and be done with it.

Well, when you make us scroll three whole screens just to get your one-line reply, I consider that rather a waste of time when you could simply have spoilered the quote and be done with it.

I agree, its so simple
[/Spoiler ] and doing so is respectful to your fellow posters.