• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have a go at it then. Just make sure you colour-saturate the icon as the last step. Gxf looks much nicer them. If you don't mind showing me a pic for a model before do actual work... please :).

Which icon? Colour-saturate? :eek:o

Here are some examples:

AC 3 # M80 (brigade not division, I looked wrong)
24bowew.jpg

I think it's a little bit to blurry, you agree? I took high resolution picture but still blurry... somebody know how I can fix that?

ARM - 1 - T55
2rynkhg.jpg

5ez7g1.jpg

(Tanks in HVO/HV, I could add a little flag but don't know if we will have custom models for every country?)
The left side shade as in the first picture was removed just to test, is it better with some fading shade?

Hogar, have you kept the original pictures of your models? Do you have them in colour maybe?

Before you add stripes and flag in gimp, go to colour management and pick saturation. That will make icons stand up and won't be as bland.
Some tips from a non-professional:
- pick pictures where background stands out from the object you are showing
- pick you object in the nature (not garage)
- make icon and model picture resemble each other.

Most of the picks have been discarded. i can have a look but I doubt anything is left.

I have to say that new loading page looks absolutely great! So much sleeker and smoother... Thanks for everyone who contributed.
@Hax I've merged the other work you've done. Thanks!

I have to say that new loading page looks absolutely great! So much sleeker and smoother... Thanks for everyone who contributed.
@Hax I've merged the other work you've done. Thanks!

I agree it's really awesome! :) Would you like that we change any of the other background gfx pictures?

Btw, does somebody of you have an account on http://www.militaryphotos.net ? I found this thread and would like to see if we can convince any of these guys who post pictures there to join this forum and help our mod.

I was searching that forum to find pictures for models. I guess they won't mind as long as they are acknowledged or picture is scrambled. I don't have an account...

graphics request please

At the moment all Serbian minors have more or less the same flag. I found these two for West/East Slavonia. Unfortunately no-one picked it up yet, so if you wish to help please fix this for us...

I can ask our friend Vaximillian if he wants to convert them to flags and shields. I don't want to sound rude but please let me handle the gfx. It's much more important that we get a functioning AI and you are the only one who can fix that.

P.S. I have started to bring back the province pictures and will add some more for flavour. I have also started to switch out the propaganda pics and the country descriptions.

of course chief! no issues from my end. You are the master of colour and design :).

Missing:
Shields/Flags for E. Slavonia, W. Slavonia, Illiria (Albanians in Macedonia)
Propaganda: Same as above. I suggest to use Pakrac for W. Slavonia.

of course chief! no issues from my end. You are the master of colour and design :).

Missing:
Shields/Flags for E. Slavonia, W. Slavonia, Illiria (Albanians in Macedonia)
Propaganda: Same as above. I suggest to use Pakrac for W. Slavonia.

Yes I will fix the flags. Is this a good flag for Ilirida?

I have planned to change the look of the propaganda pics to more HOI-style rather than having the capital city of the nation as pp. Freak gave us some good examples and I thought we should have similar for the other nations.

You see, AoD's style is darker and less saturated than good ol' HoI's. TeutenburgerW's design is even more gritty and even less saturated than AoD's. DH's design resembles a mixture between EU3 and HoI styles the most, but the contrast and saturation are different. I stil haven't figured how to replicate/reproduce it (maybe because I didn't even try or because I haven't played DH for a looooooong time).

Anyway, I'd prefer the classic, vanilla, distinguished HoI style but hey, EU3+HoI could also work if you really don't like that one.

Last edited:
I feel like a kid in the candy shop... I want them all :D.

I like EU3 the most than Victoria, although I won't mind any of them.

If you wait until Monday or very late Sunday. I'm not at my computer yet and can't do anything.

EU3 seems quite good enough.

Okay, here're the shields, HoI-style, EU3 avatar-style and what I've managed to replicate DH-style (basically hybrid of two former):
iMTQ2uD.png
ABzXmB3.png
nkKZ3u9.png

My ass can become a bit lazy if it doesn't get kicked once in a while. It happens sometimes.

I still prefer EU. Thanks a lot for the effort, even if few days too late.
Being late is something we know very well in this Mod. ;)