• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also see from time to time capitalists reopen factories (either by seeing the project, or seeing an open factory that used to be closed a while ago).

Something I never observed however, is capitalists building a factory when there is already a closed one in the state.

I also see from time to time capitalists reopen factories (either by seeing the project, or seeing an open factory that used to be closed a while ago).

Something I never observed however, is capitalists building a factory when there is already a closed one in the state.

I have to admit that I have seen this just yesterday in a Schweden game. I had cement factories in several states, but without NF they didn't get enough workers, so they were closed shortly after. After some time the capis tried to reopen them as they are in general profitable.

Although in other games factories weren't reopened in the 1920s, in which practically any factory could make a nice profit due to my technology.

The problem is that capis get their money from factories. When a capitalist pop appears, it gets some money to start industrialization. But if the only factory of the state of the capitalist pop goes bankrupt, these capis won't get money anymore and therefore won't be able to reopen the factory. That's a vicious circle.
Most capis don't get their money only from factories, they invest money in the national bank too. Thats why it's important to subside factories or to destroy them. I prefer to subside if my encomy is strong enough and my policies allow me to do it, so when im at war with an industrialized nation i can survive with my own factories goods. Interventionism is the mist useful policy in the mid and early game.

Has someone ever quoted a >6 years old post of yours ? Because this is what just happened to me with this thread.

Reactions:
Most capis...

First post in forum.
Necroes six year and a little old thread.

*Achievement unlocked*

Applause !

Admittedly i laughed.
I can't recall such a necro......well it happened, but it's rare...and yes, i'm also weak and couldn't resist commenting..:(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some people have been passing time until Vicky 3 by reading older sections of forums and have gotten to 6 year mark I guess by now.

• 1Like
Reactions: