• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stigandr

Captain
51 Badges
Dec 11, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Hi all,

So I've decided to play as a Sami Pagan chief/high chief using the "make Pagans etc playable" mod, and was wondering two things:

1) firstly, which is a better setup for doing so? Vanilla, DVIP or TASS? I've tried DVIP once, haven't tried TASS yet, but would like to play whichever has the best setup for the Sami, vis-a-vis possibility of spreading culture and religion and so on. :D

2) Any advice on playing what looks to be quite a boxed-in, surrounded religion and culture? :rolleyes:

Veld has pointed me to the make other religions playable mod, but any advice for which "full scenario" mod I should use it on top of?

Cheers,
Stigandr.

According to tombom:

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
Would it be possible to merge this with DVIP and Bopack?

(tombom) It's an exe mod, it should work perfectly with other mods without doing anything special.

So hopefully it'll be ok with either DVIP or TASS. :)

Ooh, another question; playing as the Sami, I'd like to keep my primary title Sami - so if I start as High Chief of the Sami, and end up as (King) of Norway, would Norway take precedence? I don't really know exactly how the Pagan titles work, since High Chief seems to cover both Dukes and Kings... :confused:

If a kingdom title would take precedence, how easy would it be to mod in a "Kingdom of Saabme" or something, taking into its realm most of the northern provinces of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Karelia?

Many thanks,
Stigandr.

@Stigandr

I'm going through pretty much the same stage as you at the moment.
Which one did you end up choosing? How do you like?

More importantly, what steps did you take to install Pagans Playable + DVIP/TASS? Which one did you install first? Any issues so far?

Innocent Beard, wish I could help, but I haven't tried it yet. I've tried DVIP once, and not TASS, (with normal game) so figured I'd try TASS first with a Christian country, and give people a chance to iron the bugs out of Pagan Playable. :) And unfortunately I'm still having issues with the latest patch; I've downloaded it for sure, and yet I'm still getting the pledging lovefest that one of the earlier betas created, with random folk trying to pledge allegiance to each other...

@Stigandr

More importantly, what steps did you take to install Pagans Playable + DVIP/TASS? Which one did you install first? Any issues so far?

any order is good as pagan playable patch is modifying only the .exe indepandently to any mod installed (or not installed)

Innocent Beard,

I've now done some more work on this. TASS looks like a great mod as well, but it makes all the various Finno-Ugric cultures just one culture - Finno-Ugric. Which isn't suitable if you're wanting to play Sami Pagans. :) So I installed CK, DV, latest patch, DVIP, DVIP addon, then Pagan playable, and it seems to be working fine. I've also created a "Kingdom of Sabme" so that I can play as the Sami even after I get to kingdom stage, instead of having to become just a slightly different Sweden or Norway.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on!