• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xGhost4000x

General
136 Badges
Aug 5, 2009
  • Sengoku
  • Magicka 2
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
When the AI declares war on you, your nation automatically requests your allies to join your defense. This has led to horrible war results in my War against GB. For example I now have to remove my alliances with anyone in my sphere who has a border with the UK. This way the UK cannot steam roll them and I can still request them to join the battle at a later time.

PLEASE make it so when the war starts pop ups come up asking if I would like to request my allies to come to my aid.

I concur that this would be handy. Not only for the above reason, but also to prevent one of your allies from assuming war leadership and being all-too-hasty in giving in to their demands. Just because my allies think I can't make a comeback against France, doesn't mean I won't!

I had the same problem as Germany allied to Belgium. I'd just as soon they stay out of it and leave me to defend a fortified three-province frontier, not their five- or six-province border.

As Japan I was in the US sphere and France declared war against me. They quickly occupied Japanese-held Korea but thankfully I had alot of troops and fortifications on the Home Islands so I could easily wait whilst the WE convined France to give up, but sadly my American "protectors" lost stomach and agreed to let my country be "cut down to size".

I fully agree.
That would also solve another oddity: I can't ally with my spherelings because I know they'll commit suicide when I get under attack, although I'd be willing and able to protect them when they get under attack. My spherelings will use all their diplomats to beg me for an alliance. Every (auto-) declined alliance offer gives a -25 relation hit. Result: All my spherelings hate my guts because I do my best to secure their survival.

I had the same problem as Germany allied to Belgium. I'd just as soon they stay out of it and leave me to defend a fortified three-province frontier, not their five- or six-province border.

I solved that problem by letting them become a GP, getting a random acquire state CB, then declaring war on them for the state that borders France and taking it. Of course, there are multiple Walloon rebellions a year, but as Germany, you can afford to place the extra troops there year-round.

Actually, I guess I didn't solve the problem at all. :eek:o

I agree GB declared war on me and i was holding my own in a defensive position wining major battles and most of my allies got steam rolled by GB and i had a minus 16 warscore which was really annoying as i had taken some of GB land and won every naval and land battle.

As the USA I was allied to Russia. I declared war on Spain to get Cuba and did not call Russia. Russia intervened and took over as war leader and white peaced out after 1 year.

That would also solve another oddity: I can't ally with my spherelings because I know they'll commit suicide when I get under attack, although I'd be willing and able to protect them when they get under attack. My spherelings will use all their diplomats to beg me for an alliance. Every (auto-) declined alliance offer gives a -25 relation hit. Result: All my spherelings hate my guts because I do my best to secure their survival.

To me, this has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of any Paradox game: the alliance offer spam coupled with the relations hit from so many refusals.

You know the game mechanics have gone astray when you can imagine one your diplomats saying to the head of some small, undervalued nation, "You have my word, El Presidente, that His Majesty's refusal is for your protection and for your nation's wellbeing." Or in modern terms, "Just chill out on all the offers, braaah!"

Maybe if it was made if you refuse to help in a defensive war that you get infamy, but make it so that you have to request their help in a call allies function.