Announcement for the Project:New World mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Replies:

Fulmen - Actually, this was included in the original, but I modded it to create the provinces of Basel, Chur(Graubunden), and Zermatt (German Valais). Should also add Lucerne and Sion(French Valais) too.
Dutchemperor - Thanks! Soon the Polish border strip will be included, plus areas in the Polish Corridor and surrounding areas that need improvement(such as the inclusion of Kashubia)
Beleg32 - Thanks! I agree that this is still a long way to go. I'll try to do the Benelux countries by next progress image posting. I now try to do this one small step at a time.

Fulmen - Actually, this was included in the original, but I modded it to create the provinces of Basel, Chur(Graubunden), and Zermatt (German Valais). Should also add Lucerne and Sion(French Valais) too.

So you modded the original. That means the stock DH Switzerland is probably still the same as before. Too bad.

So you modded the original. That means the stock DH Switzerland is probably still the same as before. Too bad.

At least that there would be more provinces in Switzerland than what they gave to it.

At least that there would be more provinces in Switzerland than what they gave to it.

I meant it as "too bad that the original still has less provinces".

Replies:

Dutchemperor - Thanks! Soon the Polish border strip will be included, plus areas in the Polish Corridor and surrounding areas that need improvement(such as the inclusion of Kashubia)
Beleg32 - Thanks! I agree that this is still a long way to go. I'll try to do the Benelux countries by next progress image posting. I now try to do this one small step at a time.

i will look too at the Benelux, were i come from, that area is hard too. with french flanders, dutch limburg. etc.

Progress image time!

progress3h.png

Progress image #3

progress4.png

Progress image #4

progress5.png

Progress image #5

progress6.png

Progress image #6

Well, that's it for now. I'm going to post more images at another time.

Very nice ! I really like the UK, you progressing really fast, keep it up ;)

I'm not a very experienced map modder (in HoI2 that is), but this is the easiest part. The hard part is getting all the coordinates right and making the provinces usable. The main reason why I prefer Clausewitz map modding with its tools.

What are those two provinces in the Gulf of Finland and the Finnish island chain? Suursaari and...?

great, maybe splitting the province of Enschede, now it is the real province of overijssel and drenthe, but splitting drenthe from it (capital = Assen) would be nice, because there was a plan when ww1 Germany would invade Holland the provinces of groningen and drenthe would be integrated in Germany.

i like the new belgium, very nice :cool: !

I thought they were Hanko and Porkkala. The name is in the sea, the province is on the coast.

Ah yes, indeed. Suursaari should be included too though.

I thought this mod would only contain some new micro states :p

Me too. :p

But since he seemingly wants to be 100% accurate about even minor border changes, I might as well offer my help regarding my country:

These two municipalities joined Finland in 1918 (Repola) and 1919 (Porajärvi) http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiedosto:Repola-ja-Porajärvi.png They were handed back to Soviet Russia in the Treaty of Tartu in de facto exchange for Petsamo, which actually had already been promised to Finland by the Czar in the 19th century when Finland ceded land (Rajajoki/Siestarjoki area with its arms factory/ies) to Russia on the Karelian Isthmus.

In the Treaty of Moscow in 1940 Finland had to cede the green area of Petsamo shown on this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Petsamo.png/300px-Petsamo.png This area also belonged to the areas Stalin originally demanded before the invasion. The red area is an area not technically forcibly ceded to the Soviet Union, but instead it was sold away in 1947 so Finland could keep some of the German equipment it had acquired during WWII, instead of having to give it away to the Russians. This area is often incorrectly confused as being a part of Petsamo, but it never was, it had been a part of the Municipality of Inari long before 1920.

And of course there are the strategically important outer islands of the Gulf of Finland, also a part of Stalin's demands in 1939, ceded to the USSR in 1940 and again in 1944. http://www.luovutettuluonto.net/julkaistavaksi2.gif Suursaari was of especially big strategic importance, and if anything, that should be included in DH or at least your mod. Why? Because whoever controlled it pretty much decided who was getting in and out of the eastern end of the Gulf of Finland. This is why the Red Banner Baltic fleet was locked up at Kronshtadt from 1941 to 1944. Even the Germans launched their own invasion of it in 1944 (Operation Tanne Ost), beginning the hostilities between Finland and Germany.

Not sure if you're going to include such tiny provinces, but since you're doing it in other parts of the worldmap, then I guess why not. In any case I hope this information was helpful.

Replies:

Beleg32: Thanks!
tuore (1): Yeah, this is the most easiest part, but I haven't recieved the rest of the map files yet, so I'm not yet certain.
Fulmen(1, 2, and 3) and tuore(2): They are Hanko and Porkkala. Suursaari is to be included as a zoomed province. Also, Repola and Porajarvi should be included, but the green and red areas that were ceded to the Soviets as part of Petsamo is way too small for a province. The microstates (as zoomed provinces) is where I draw the line.
Dutchemperor: Drenthe is going to have it's own province by next progress image posting, as well as some other areas like Ireland (since I didn't like the overall look of the province of Dublin)
Hax: There are going to be an addition of ALL of the microstates, but I do this on a region-by-region basis. I'm going to include Monaco as part of the Provence-Savoy addition to the mod, and San Marino and the Holy See will be included by the Central Italy addition. So far, I'm attempting to do the easy ones to put in first.

It's not just Europe, but it's the whole world that's going to be improved.

I'm also going to ask you this . . .

After Europe, which region is the easiest to do, and thus be included next?

A) Middle East (including Iran, Egypt, Afghanistan, and Pakistan)
B) Malay Archipelago (includiong the Philippines)
C) Any easy region to do (a write-in choice)

Last edited:
Looks great so far