• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't know if someone posted it already, but the easiest way to fix this (which shouldn't mess with your checksum) is to edit your core.gfx (in /interface/ ).

Code:
	bitmapfont = {
		name = "comintern_country"
		fontname = "Kyril"
		color = 0xffffcb11
		effect = yes
	}

into
Code:
	bitmapfont = {
		name = "comintern_country"
		fontname = "kart_font"
		color = 0xffffcb11
		effect = yes
	}

kart_font can obviously be replaced by any other hoi3 font.

EDIT:
Also: effect controls all caps or not.

Yeah, for those of us who can read Cyrillic its hard to get past, as и = I and д = D. You cant help yourself reading it that way when you look at it. Im still enjoying my game though :D

In my view, it doesn't matter if anyone can read Cyrillic or not. It is all about PI's reputation of solid, accurate, sound and sensible game company.

This is a very easy and cheap move to ingratiate with some of those players who seek for more flavor in the game.

Personally I dont see what the big deal is, this is probably the 3rd post Ive seen regarding the fonts... :rolleyes:

I suppose though, if thats one of the biggest gripes then SF has been successfull.

I dont understand these comments, I think the font is great, writing it in true Cyrillic and in Russian would be stupid, as people have said noone would know which country is which.

If someone is so conservative they can change it. Frankly HOI3 is still a game that is meant to be fun it doesnt need to be so extreme.

I can see why they did it, the screenshots I saw looked pretty cool with that faux script. But now that I read that mongolia is spelled mongolid it does look kinda strange :D

Looking at that, then it's possible to set all the three as the same font and instead change the colour relating to the factions?

i.e. Allies-Blue, Axis-Black, Comintern-Red?

This is clearly a battle between cyrillic using users vs. those who don't know how to read it (with some deserters on both sides ;) ). The first side hates them and the second likes them. It is understandable since it is about clarity and ability to read it at all. No matter how you percieve it, the fact is that the second side is much more common all around the world. Face it. Appart from Russia, Bulgaria noone uses it. It was common knowledge in former communist countries, but not anymore. You have to be around 30 or personally interested in it to know it.
I would too prefer real letters, but I also know that majority of players would have problems reading it while now it is the problem of minority.

I can read cyrillic (even if my russian is really bad nowadays), but i just found the fakecyrillic to look cool.
wow. just wow

This is clearly a battle between cyrillic using users vs. those who don't know how to read it (with some deserters on both sides ;) ). The first side hates them and the second likes them.

I don't agree. This is not about Cyrillic readers and Cyrillic non-readers.

If I was a company manager making a new game, I would have two options:

1. Type Soviet Union as "Soviet Union" as it is in all non-parody games, including all previous versions of HoI. Supporters of accuracy wouldn't feel ... strange, and others wouldn't care because I can't imagine a group calling for introducing a quasi-script, turning up from nowhere. Briefly, there was no players who wanted this.

2. Introduce a parody-like script from Borдt and games like Kгazy Ivaи. Some hardcore fans would understand it as another PI's move towards low-standard historical war-games and some others would think it is a fancy thing but they wouldn't really care.

So what's better?

Ya gevaru po-Russkii and I don't like it. Any way to toggle it off and just go back to normal lettering?

Of course, if Germany gets the US to join the Axis, as happens frequently, can the name change to "Amerika?"

I don't agree. This is not about Cyrillic readers and Cyrillic non-readers.

If I was a company manager making a new game, I would have two options:

1. Type Soviet Union as "Soviet Union" as it is in all non-parody games, including all previous versions of HoI. Supporters of accuracy wouldn't feel ... strange, and others wouldn't care because I can't imagine a group calling for introducing a quasi-script, turning up from nowhere. Briefly, there was no players who wanted this.

2. Introduce a parody-like script from Borдt and games like Kгazy Ivaи. Some hardcore fans would understand it as another PI's move towards low-standard historical war-games and some others would think it is a fancy thing but they wouldn't really care.

So what's better?

Frankly? The second one. Different font for different major alliance is good thing and this solution is still the best I can think of.

i think the names should be native!!!!!

if japan conquers england for instance, the name should then be written in kanji and all historical information in the ledger should be erased in an orwellian-propaganda style.

Okay, now tell me please, when Adi Hitler was looking at the map with his generals and colonels, how do you think does map have Cyrillic font or no?

Or maybe make imagination in front of your eyes when American bomber pilots tried to understand Japanese font when they were bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima.:rofl:
I think that's really bullshit. The LoL of the lols...

Appart from Russia, Bulgaria noone uses it.

+ Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Mongolia, Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and maybe a couple more I can't think of off hand, though some use both Latinic and Cyrillic officially. And of course they all have characters slightly different each language as well. ;)

I just think it was pretty gimmicky for a serious game, so I changed it. No harm done.

I also don't think it is possible to make all Soviet faction countries have proper Russian names, since it would involve more than replacing a character in a font with a similar to Latinic Cyrillic character.

Okay, now tell me please, when Adi Hitler was looking at the map with his generals and colonels, how do you think does map have Cyrillic font or no?

Or maybe make imagination in front of your eyes when American bomber pilots tried to understand Japanese font when they were bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima.:rofl:
I think that's really bullshit. The LoL of the lols...

He was probably ticked off when he found out we call him "Gitler" and he spoke "Nemyetski"