• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cutman2518

Recruit
12 Badges
Mar 18, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
I am trying to find where CK with DV is saving the game.
It is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games. They still start, but I am trying to fix a bad trait and I noticed they are not in the folder where they normally are. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

I am trying to find where CK with DV is saving the game.
It is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games. They still start, but I am trying to fix a bad trait and I noticed they are not in the folder where they normally are. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Are you using Vista or Win7?? ... then the Operating System moves the files, as you are not allowed to edit files in the Program Files folder.

At the top of your Explorer window there should be a link to them, when you are in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games. It says something about 'Show compatability files'.

Once you find your files, it might be a good idea to copy your CK folder out of Program Files to basically anywhere else, maybe C:\Games or something. Then you can just copy your save game files there afterwards and you won't have to look for them anymore.

If you are using mods, you can experience problems if you have the game installed in Program Files also ... at least I think I remember reading that somewhere.