[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jestservers has a built in donate system

Excellent, then we wouldn't have to focus on that then.

Server information

I've checked the cost for running a 32 slot server on Jestservers. The cost for each slot if we pay every month would be $1, if paying quarterly each slot would cost $0,8 each month.

The cost if paying monthly for a 32 slot server would be:
Month: $32
Quarter: $96
Year: $384

The cost if paying quarterly for a 32 slot server would be:
Month: $25,6 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $76,8
Year: $307,2

I also checked the cost for a Ventrilo or Teamspeak3 server (VoIP) as Jestservers provide those aswell. They cost the same, but I would recommend TS3, as that's the one I'm most familiar with. A VoIP program would be essential if we ever would want to be succesful in any clan match.

The cost if paying monthly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $6
Quarter: $18
Year: $72

The cost if paying quarterly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $5,8 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $17,4
Year: $69,6

The cost if paying yearly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $5,6 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $16,8
Year: $67,2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The best alternative, if we would go with both the server and the VoIP, would be to pay quarterly. That way would the total cost every third month be $94,2, which is less then what the single server would cost if we choosed to pay it monthly.

A quick calculation tell us that if four (4) people agree to help out with the server so would the cost be approximately $23,75. If that sounds to much then think of it as $8 a month...

I've also checked the possibility to get our own forum, but I know that many of you doesn't fancy that idea. I can agree that we as it is have to many forums, and many of you probably visit others except paradoxplaza and taleworlds. The upside of a forum of our own would be that we could both recruit new members more easily, but also that we could get funds to our server easier (through paypal?). I'm not very keen on asking for donations to a server here on Paradox forum (as I don't think that would be OK) as this is their private forum.

Edit: If checked with Paypal. Afaik so isn't there any cost in having one of those donate buttons, but insted there is a small fee on every donation.

logga-3.png

Well Im for getting our own server with 32 spots :)

I can contribute around €10 a month :)
(ofcourse i'd want to be an admin for that but that speaks for itself, I would vote for that anyone who contributes regularly be an admin)

and yes i'm for a TeamSpeak server aswell but 20 slots is alot.

also im against using our own forum, using a subforum at Paradox would be better so if we grew we might ask for one :) also we could get even more members if we stayed here. :p

anyway to be short i'm IN :)

Well Im for getting our own server with 32 spots :)

I can contribute around €10 a month :)
(ofcourse i'd want to be an admin for that but that speaks for itself, I would vote for that anyone who contributes regularly be an admin)

also im against using our own forum, using a subforum at Paradox would be better so if we grew we might ask for one :) also we could get even more members if we stayed here. :p

anyway to be short i'm IN :)

Well, never thought of getting a subforum. That wouldn't maybe be to much to ask for? *whistles* :p

I would agree that anyone contributing monthly would get admin rights... Most of the time is it them who plays anyway...

Edit: I'm not sure if I can guarantee 10€ every month, but 5€ is easily managable...

Edit 2: As for the teamspeak... 10 slots is minimum and it's easy to change the numbers... So we could go with ten maybe?

20 slot is perfect both sides of the ocean could use it.

and we need our own sub forum here, ask like I said.

To get a server for three months, with 10 slots TS3 it would cost us $85,5, or 60,47€...

To be honest, if hdk can give us 10€ and I 5€ we each month we'll have 45€ of the needed 60€ :D

20 slot is perfect both sides of the ocean could use it.

and we need our own sub forum here, ask like I said.

Yeah you're right! 20 it is... If we see that it isn't used we might cut down on it?

To get a server for three months, with 10 slots TS3 it would cost us $85,5, or 60,47€...

To be honest, if hdk can give us 10€ and I 5€ we each month we'll have 45€ of the needed 60€ :D

Yeah you're right! 20 it is... If we see that it isn't used we might cut down on it?

Have to give it some time first.

Isn't that wonderful the Germany server is full:cool:
You'll have to play at NY:rofl:

Isn't that wonderful the Germany server is full:cool:
You'll have to play at NY:rofl:

I had to leave because I took up one slot just being there as an admin :D

ok I have a few questions. if we want a good battle or siege or TDM server we need to use what perkele and 22nd already have the automatic kick after 3 tks and other rules. How difficult is it to add that? anyone know?
also I dont mind if lor dric wants to use the server for his training mod but i'd rather have it on native most of the time if we want to attract players and potential new members.

also the server and teamspeak is teh next step if we want to enlarge our clan and maybe bring back some members :)

btw Germany server was full yesterday aswell took me 20 mins to join :p :D

ok I have a few questions. if we want a good battle or siege or TDM server we need to use what perkele and 22nd already have the automatic kick after 3 tks and other rules. How difficult is it to add that? anyone know?
also I dont mind if lor dric wants to use the server for his training mod but i'd rather have it on native most of the time if we want to attract players and potential new members.

also the server and teamspeak is teh next step if we want to enlarge our clan and maybe bring back some members :)

btw Germany server was full yesterday aswell took me 20 mins to join :p :D

Yeah, that thing that 22nd and Perkele has is what I've been trying to explain for Lor :D

I for one don't care for the kick or ban feature in game. Sh!t happens, this is medieval combat, if someone is really bad their name can be added to the ban list by the server admin.
I mean if I'm mad at you why shouldn't I be able to chop on your back??:rolleyes:

It is native and it is my mod :p

I for one don't care for the kick or ban feature in game. Sh!t happens, this is medieval combat, if someone is really bad their name can be added to the ban list by the server admin.

It is native and it is my mod :p

The thing is that people gets upset if they are constantly teamkilled and the teamkiller isn't punished right away. That means that they won't come back to play (as I stayed away from both perkele and 22nd until they got this feature).

Yeah, it's great when you can play your maps in native :D

I've calculated and right now we got 45€ promised. We need 66,63€ before we can start a new server.

The thing is that people gets upset if they are constantly teamkilled and the teamkiller isn't punished right away. That means that they won't come back to play (as I stayed away from both perkele and 22nd until they got this feature).

Yeah, it's great when you can play your maps in native :D

yep it was annoying jerks went around and killed people for no reason having a record of -18. or people opeening doors and gates at defense for no reason but to be a jerk.

Well, never thought of getting a subforum. That wouldn't maybe be to much to ask for? *whistles* :p

I thought that you already had a subforum here. I don't see very many others posting here :p

But talk to Fredrik, since he's a member of your merry band? ;)

Native compatible Admin Tools By Vincenzo, this is the tool set
Will install on both servers this weekend.

Server information

I've checked the cost for running a 32 slot server on Jestservers. The cost for each slot if we pay every month would be $1, if paying quarterly each slot would cost $0,8 each month.

The cost if paying monthly for a 32 slot server would be:
Month: $32
Quarter: $96
Year: $384

The cost if paying quarterly for a 32 slot server would be:
Month: $25,6 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $76,8
Year: $307,2

I also checked the cost for a Ventrilo or Teamspeak3 server (VoIP) as Jestservers provide those aswell. They cost the same, but I would recommend TS3, as that's the one I'm most familiar with. A VoIP program would be essential if we ever would want to be succesful in any clan match.

The cost if paying monthly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $6
Quarter: $18
Year: $72

The cost if paying quarterly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $5,8 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $17,4
Year: $69,6

The cost if paying yearly for a 20 slot VoIP would be:
Month: $5,6 (Nothing more then a comparison as we still would have to pay it every quarter)
Quarter: $16,8
Year: $67,2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The best alternative, if we would go with both the server and the VoIP, would be to pay quarterly. That way would the total cost every third month be $94,2, which is less then what the single server would cost if we choosed to pay it monthly.

A quick calculation tell us that if four (4) people agree to help out with the server so would the cost be approximately $23,75. If that sounds to much then think of it as $8 a month...

I've also checked the possibility to get our own forum, but I know that many of you doesn't fancy that idea. I can agree that we as it is have to many forums, and many of you probably visit others except paradoxplaza and taleworlds. The upside of a forum of our own would be that we could both recruit new members more easily, but also that we could get funds to our server easier (through paypal?). I'm not very keen on asking for donations to a server here on Paradox forum (as I don't think that would be OK) as this is their private forum.

Edit: If checked with Paypal. Afaik so isn't there any cost in having one of those donate buttons, but insted there is a small fee on every donation.

logga-3.png

I am sure we can, if we ask nicely, get our own subforum right here with some special sanctions so that we can keep our subforum organized and practical by ourselves (an official moderator).

I'm afraid i'm going to have trouble negociating the fee with my wife :eek:o

I doubt they would let anyone of us be an Moderator (they dint allow one at WW (and there are 40+ players there) but asking wouldn't hurt :)

Yesterday my good streak as Xbow got us someone interested in joining NOP I told him to search us at taleworlds so someone might join us but I wouldnt get out hopes high :p