• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well i guess that explains how i was getting the german anomaly but couldnt trade using rivers. just remember with the roads in selucid empire that could could trade 2 or 3 provinces into thier realm as long as the road ran through. Upon reading this more throroughly aye :p More of a local thing in game.

Ah sorry,
the details in short:

- game patch: 2.32
- Epigoni version: 1.32i
- game as Macedon

The only thing I edited is the cultures.txt... I edited lots of historical names in it.
I don't know if you need it for testing so I implemented it in the zip file.

View attachment save.zip

Edit:
Ah I looked into the perf. issue thread and it seems like the problem with the nation war. There are a lot of nations at war...

I loaded it up on the same version on my computer and it works fine.

There are no wars where one nation is at war with itself so that isn't a problem. Maybe you should try (1) in Performance Issue thread since it is an autosave game file.

I advanced the game two days and saved it down again. Here is the >file<.

Would you mind if I use the new names you added into the culture files, it looks pretty good to me? :)

Weird. If I try to load the save it crashs (when I click the save). Even with a fresh install of the game. I try a new game without the autosave...

No problem. You can use the names. The names were published in a thread here some time ago and I implemented them myself :)

Edit: The cache "fix" didn't work. :confused:

Edit 2:
I think I found the problem. It's the "time" file in the map\cache folder. If I remove it before startup I can run the savegame. If "time" is already present, the game crashes if I click the savegame. The problem with the "time" file can always be reproduced.

So I created a batch file to remove the "time" file after/before every game.

Last edited:
Good work in finding the problem. I will post your "solution" into the performance issues thread.

I am not sure what the 'time' file is for or how it inter-relates with the mod directory.

Did you delete everything out of the cache? Try deleting everything including the contents of 'province_textures' directory but leave 'province_textures' itself directory in place. Do it in the game and mod folder.

Th only problem I have found is that the diadochi, at certain start times, do not go to war with each other. Ever. They remain allied with each other and at full relations, even if they have cores on each other. Will this be improved eventually?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the next version contains some specific Diadochi events which lower starting relations. I am not sure how successful it will be because I haven't tested it.

I have attached the new event file. It needs to be put into your "mod/Epigoni Mod/events" directory. If this doesnt, work I can try a few other things.

What about the new Beta patch, have you tried it? Without the alliance-war spam you might see some more action.

Attachments

• em_diadochi_relations.txt
    5,7 KB · Views: 22
Dalmatia province (116) seems to belong to both Dalmatia and Macedonia regions, probably not intended and looks slightly odd in the region map mode (noticed it while playing Pharos, checked the file region.txt and saw 116 as part of both regions).

edit: Disregard this, noticed I am still using the map files from the previous version and it has been fixed in the latest one. Silly me.

Last edited:
It was not a long term game (never had any real intentions to save the game, was just fooling around), but I did conquer Dalmatia so if I had continued the situation was not too shabby. The Ardiaei had decided to conquer it but after they did the deed they got into trouble with the Dardanians. As the Dardanians besieged Scodra I bravely displatched my grand army of 1,000 militia to besiege and take Dalmatia from them while they were busy fighting the Dardanians (getting annexed by them in the end). Really handy that one starts with a boat, the economical situation isn't exactly great to start with so would take some time and effort to get one otherwise.

Time for a real thing that has not already been fixed in the latest version this time :p (might have already been reported but did not see it), basically I noticed while playing the Lysimachids (this game may result in a post in post your empire thread I hope, only at 474 at the moment though) that many of the provinces of Kassandros little kingdom had the standard rebel flag among the cores, looked at it and found out why, the history files add cores for cAS rather then CAS, it is appearantly enough for that to happen (and hard to notice, took me quite some time to do it, even had to look in the savegame to find out when those cores (for country --- it seems) had been added and then I could finally actually see it in the history file).

Not sure if this is a bug, or WAD, but when you try to examine the Argaed empire desicison, there seems to be some provinces cut off from the top, I could be wrong of course, but if it is indeed the case, is tehre a way to resize its description?

It was not a long term game (never had any real intentions to save the game, was just fooling around), but I did conquer Dalmatia so if I had continued the situation was not too shabby. The Ardiaei had decided to conquer it but after they did the deed they got into trouble with the Dardanians. As the Dardanians besieged Scodra I bravely displatched my grand army of 1,000 militia to besiege and take Dalmatia from them while they were busy fighting the Dardanians (getting annexed by them in the end). Really handy that one starts with a boat, the economical situation isn't exactly great to start with so would take some time and effort to get one otherwise.

Sounds like fun. One trireme and you can take on the world. :)

Time for a real thing that has not already been fixed in the latest version this time :p (might have already been reported but did not see it), basically I noticed while playing the Lysimachids (this game may result in a post in post your empire thread I hope, only at 474 at the moment though) that many of the provinces of Kassandros little kingdom had the standard rebel flag among the cores, looked at it and found out why, the history files add cores for cAS rather then CAS, it is appearantly enough for that to happen (and hard to notice, took me quite some time to do it, even had to look in the savegame to find out when those cores (for country --- it seems) had been added and then I could finally actually see it in the history file).

Thanks for picking this up Lofman. Will definately fix in the next verison.

Not sure if this is a bug, or WAD, but when you try to examine the Argaed empire desicison, there seems to be some provinces cut off from the top, I could be wrong of course, but if it is indeed the case, is tehre a way to resize its description?

Unfortunately its WAD. Its just not designed for handling that many criteria. I could attempt to adjust the underlying window size but it may not be possible (and it will be quite time consuming).

Actually the decision is no longer complete as I havent added the new eastern provinces. Thanks for the reminder and for reporting. :)

I believe I have found a bug in the diplomatic annexation decision, not sure how it works, but at times when I hover my mouse over the decisions button, I will see that I am able to diplomatically annex a vassal, however when I click the decision window, it is not displayed there, so I messed around a little by opening and closing the decision drop down windows for wonders,concubine etc, and the "Diplomatic annexation" decision flashed on screen for a moment, but then disappeared, meaning I cannot select it, even though I had the correct variables needed, this happended recently with Lysimachus kingdom, but I belive it has happened to me several time with others countries.

Hi Jak,

This is a known issue.

"Haywire Decisions" Tab - diploannex bug requires that the overlord have no alliances other than with the vassal, otherwise the decisions tab goes haywire (thanks to Qorten and jhhowell for reporting).

It has been left in place as it is still useful and not a game breaker.

Thanks for reporting.

There might be a problem with the beta patch and the game, for when I patched my vanilla to the 2.35 Beta and then installed the latest version of Kush, the game CTD during the "creating world" phase of the loading screen. Any ideas for me to fix it? I followed all the instructions on the installation page.

There might be a problem with the beta patch and the game, for when I patched my vanilla to the 2.35 Beta and then installed the latest version of Kush, the game CTD during the "creating world" phase of the loading screen. Any ideas for me to fix it? I followed all the instructions on the installation page.

This definately sounds like a map issue. The latest version has had over 550 downloads since October without anyone reporting this. Have you tried downloading the province textures?