• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually this above shows when it happened. But to be 100% fair:

In 1600, the principalities of Wallachia, Moldova and Transylvania were simultaneously headed by the Wallachian prince Michael the Brave (Mihai Viteazul), Ban of Oltenia, but the chance for a unity dissolved after Mihai was killed, only one year later, by the soldiers of Austrian army general Giorgio Basta. Mihai Viteazul, who was prince of Transylvania for less than one year, intended for the first time to unite the three principalities and to lay down foundations of a single state in a territory comparable to today's Romania

After the failed 1848 Revolution, the Great Powers did not support the Romanians' expressed desire to officially unite in a single state, which forced Romania to proceed alone against the Ottomans.The electors in both Moldavia and Wallachia chose in 1859 the same person –Alexandru Ioan Cuza– as prince (Domnitor in Romanian).[46] Thus, Romania was created as a personal union, albeit a Romania that did not include Transylvania.

Seems like 1600 was the first time they wanted to unite as a unitary state so a decision or some cores appearing after 1600 might be right? Although

Also
By 1541...During this period the Romanian lands were characterised by the slow disappearance of the feudal system;

The late feudalism that has hit its peak at the balkans conveniently in the period of Ottoman takeover, was now coming to an end and I belive this should be the real reason to accept the idea of unitary states wanting to appear based on common culture, religion, language etc.

And I believe this supports the idea of 1600 as a date to trigger the appearence of the Romanian state idea. However I think it should trigger only if you control Moldavia, Wallachia and Transylvania. Maybe as a decision? It would otherwise appear alongside other romanian countries which would be like Greece and Byzantium co-existing.

I will add a form Romania decision (much like the other unifying decisions) to the first patch for HttT (whenever that will be.)

And I believe this supports the idea of 1600 as a date to trigger the appearence of the Romanian state idea.

Careful. You speak heresy. :D

Oh, Wow, I caused something to happen in Sweden.

I feel special. Paradox Intereactive has just given me my second birthday present of the day! :D

Also, fix up romanian provinces please. Wallachia should not be called Wallachia, it should be called "Oltenia". Wallachia was the principality not the land. Split up the Silistrian province, it is stupid, it was only united under the Ottomans. Also, split the provinces of Basarabia and Modolva. They are two different things entirely. Hate seeing Modolva's capital in Basarabia.

And make Transylvania Romanian in culture. IIRC it is Hungarian currently.

Oh, Wow, I caused something to happen in Sweden.

I feel special. Paradox Intereactive has just given me my second birthday present of the day! :D

Congratulations :)

Also, fix up romanian provinces please. Wallachia should not be called Wallachia, it should be called "Oltenia". Wallachia was the principality not the land. Split up the Silistrian province, it is stupid, it was only united under the Ottomans. Also, split the provinces of Basarabia and Modolva. They are two different things entirely. Hate seeing Modolva's capital in Basarabia.

And make Transylvania Romanian in culture. IIRC it is Hungarian currently.

Oh, no, no. I am not touching the Balkans. :eek:o

polskaGOLA don't get too excited :D I can personally assure you it's not going to end well :D

Doomdark
My heresy is supported with evidence :D I'll just ask this - PLEASE don't use the contemporary romanian flag :D

Than who is in control of touching provinces?

Pass him this map:
MapRegionsRomania.png

Edit: it seems in my last post I mixed up Oltenia and Muntenia. lol

Provinces you need to change are Modolva/Basarabia, make them seperate, and Dobrogea. Should include Cuadrilater.

An odd question, but what's the RGB value for Jerusalem? I'm eager to see. :)

I think you should be able to unify the balkans in one uniform country! :eek:o

*runs quickly away.

That's right RUN :mad: :D

Although that idea is actually pretty historical. Many bulgarian rulers had the goal of uniting all the slav territories or in game-terms same culture group :D

This is the closest they got. But still the idea is there.

The problem is that nobody wanted to unite the balkans under 1 country named differently than the uniter.

Except the commies :D that did unite some parts under Yugoslavia. (or in english Southslavic land)

:D

leave my Hungary alone :p

the culture of those provinces is majority hungarian, for atleast until the ottoman invasion of serbia/wallachia as circa at that time were the immigrations

When hungary was funded one of the first hungarian tribes that settled was in Transylvania.

However, I am not opposing the idea to have a Romania but without a core on Transylvania (there are various ways to ceate a core onhn a province ingame anyway), or that there might be a hungarian decision to settle slavs and romanians in the kingdom for base tax big increase with the negative that the culture of the provinces change

the only thing what I wonder about is what date romanian as culture appears, ignoring the idea that they might be roman or what, the lands were since the roman era settled with proto-bulgarians, hungarians, pechengs, cumans, mongols and a lot other diferent people before the remnants got mixed up and formed the romanian culture

but as Doomdark said, lets not debate history (even if Doom said so, I have to point out that hungary is not in the balkans, and for most of the timeframe of the game hungary/polands/prussia(teutons) were considered to be part of west europe even) as it doesn't end well usually in the end

Nationalism is an undying zombie, isn't it? Chainsaw and shotgun, please...

ironicly he is not even romanian, and polish people are usualy friends of the hungarians

o.o

Originally Posted by Herbert
Nationalism is an undying zombie, isn't it? Chainsaw and shotgun, please...

ironicly he is not even romanian, and polish people are usualy friends of the hungarians

o.o

Ok. He says something without giving proof. And then Herbert slams him and you jorian not only build on that but proceed to say again a generalization claim "polish people are usualy friends of the hungarians"

What I'm trying to say is that instead of telling him "back up what you say" you are doing this. You are not trying to solve but you are escalating the problem. Think about it.

Any link to Wikipedia would do.
Transylvania's nobility and rich were Hungarians, Germans and Szekely tradionally, The population was divided obviously, with Romanians being the most numerios.

And what does me being Polish have to do with this?

but as Doomdark said, lets not debate history (even if Doom said so, I have to point out that hungary is not in the balkans, and for most of the timeframe of the game hungary/polands/prussia(teutons) were considered to be part of west europe even) as it doesn't end well usually in the end

This i hate, people just lump as with Eastern Europeans like Russians just because we are slavic, (Or in your case, culturally western slavic like us) or because of the cold war. The Cold war is over andwe should be called our old definition again, Central Europeans.

Another mistake of PI is putting us in Eastern tech group for some reason. We should be in latin tech group. Although IIRC they said it's because of game balance or something.