• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T_AUS_Österreichischen_Bundesheer -> T_AUS_Österreichisches_Bundesheer
T_AUS_Österreichischen_Donauflottille -> T_AUS_Österreichische_Donauflottille
T_AUS_Österreichischen_Luftstreitkräfte -> T_AUS_Österreichische_Luftstreitkräfte (was correct before)

Changes: Images
I don't recall what T2506 is an image of, but if it depicts Kristian Laake he was an army genereal from 1931 to 1940. Thus I'm using him for Hærens Flyvevesen (the army airforce).

NOTE: I do not know
(A) If the logos of elkem or borregaard was used in the period 1930-1970
(B) If their logos are in the public domain or not

Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Atle Selberg;T_NOR_Selberg;6;1943;1950;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Mathematisches Institut Oberwolfach (MFO), http://owpdb.mfo.de/detail?photoID=3792, Author Konrad Jacobs, Erlangen, licencse: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#250x;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;4;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_engineering;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Hærens flyvevæsen;T2506;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kværner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Luftforsvaret;T_NOR_Luftforsvaret;4;1944;1970;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Norges Tekniske Høgskole;T_NOR_NorgesTekniskeHogskole;4;1930;1970;electronics;chemistry;industrial_engineering;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebåtfabrikk;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvevåben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Northrop_N-3PB_in_flight.jpg
2520;Odd Hassel;T2508;5;1930;1970;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Strømmens Værksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Wilse, Anders Beer / Norsk Folkemuseum (Norwegian Museum of Cultural History), found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Strømmens_Værksted_building_wooden_train_cars.jpeg
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Thoralf Skolem;T_NOR_Skolem;5;1930;1963;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Skolem.html
#25xx;Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet;T_NOR_KongeligeUniversitet;5;1930;1939;chemistry;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#25xx;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_KongeligeUniversitet;5;1939;1970;chemistry;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

T_NOR_Borregaard.bmp
33wo7jt.jpg

T_NOR_ElektriskBureau.bmp
xkn1ps.jpg

T_NOR_Elkem.bmp
2jb2wsg.jpg

T_NOR_Luftforsvaret.bmp
288wgvl.jpg

T_NOR_MarinensFly.bmp
2dv03g0.jpg

T_NOR_Selberg.bmp
34j4xec.jpg

T_NOR_Skolem.bmp
2h34j5v.jpg

T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted.bmp
nf1jte.jpg

done but the pics are not in the required format

T_AUS_Österreichischen_Luftstreitkräfte -> T_AUS_Österreichische_Luftstreitkräfte (was correct before)

amended
thank you

May I propose that file names should not have non-standard English letters?
I know that Windows tolerate it, but it can still mess up things. So for example Ostereichise, Shroedinger etc.
NOR
T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted.bmp

T_NOR_Skolem.bmp

T_NOR_Selberg.bmp

T_NOR_MarinensFly.bmp
could you point to the original?
T_NOR_Luftforsvaret.bmp

T_NOR_ElektriskBureau.bmp

T_NOR_Borregaard.bmp

T_NOR_Elkem.bmp

AUS
T_AUS_Puch.bmp

SOV/UKR
T_SOV_Sergei Gorshkov.bmp

CZE
T_CZE_Aero.bmp

T_CZE_AIVA.bmp

T_CZE_Letov.bmp

These were three rather sloppy logo, should be changed to these pics

YUG
T_YUG_ElektronskaIndustrijaNis.bmp

T_YUG_YUGIMPORT.bmp

Last edited:
Agreed. Standard English alphabet please guys, just keeps it simple.

i got a quote here from a member of beta test US. we may have a problem balancing the new TT's right. would be good if you keep an eye on the following issue :

Too many new tech teams

---------------------------------

In my opinion the new tech teams are unbalancing the game. Take Austria for example. It now has almost as many tech teams as the Soviet Union until 1945. It is landlocked and yet it now has naval and naval tactics techs teams. How can Austria have a level 4 naval tactics tech team? They are also better at nuclear research than the Soviet Union until 1945.

It is even a problem for majors because most of the teams are the same skill level as the original ones. They added 12 teams with an average skill of 7 to the UK in 1936. That has a big affect on what the UK can research.

balance is the key here (!). maybe you can divert some of the new teams into later times (e.g. first appearing in the late 40's instead of the early 30's) or reduce skill

balance is the key here (!). maybe you can divert some of the new teams into later times (e.g. first appearing in the late 40's instead of the early 30's) or reduce skill
It does not unbalance the game whatsoever if a minor has the same or more TTs than a major. It might look odd, but it is just potential to research something, not actual research, where the USA with its high IC will be better no matter what.
As for early 30-40 nuclear research. Yes most of the minors were better than the SOV. If you look at the tech themselves they are nuclear departments and some basic science. In those AUS with Schrödinger would be way better than the SOV. (And without the Nazis chasing all the scientist away from Europa the USA would not have the scientific potential to research the bomb.) When it comes to bomb research it is not the teams, but the IC what counts. The TTs represent the knowhow (which were there) the IC requirement represent the actual ability. So I do not see any problem there.

As for Navy and land locked countries. Please keep in mind that AUS (as well as HUN, SLO, CZE) were part of a kingdom that some 20 years in the past had a Navy an a sizable fleet. Some of their landlocked yards were actually producing seagoing warships during WWI. And all had a river flottilla.
Thus they can have a shipyard and naval doctrine team.
You might suggest to have its skill at 1-2, because they are landlocked. But it make no sense in the current implementation of research, as then a tank team with skill 5 would do all the naval ship research, and the highest level team all the naval doctrines.
As for moving them to later. Why? They represent a potential. A potential, that in normal games would never be used.

I DO CARE about balance, and skill proposals that would significantly increase a country's ability to do research are turned down. We do check how they compare to vanilla setup.

It does not unbalance the game whatsoever if a minor has the same or more TTs than a major. It might look odd, but it is just potential to research something, not actual research, where the USA with its high IC will be better no matter what.
As for early 30-40 nuclear research. Yes most of the minors were better than the SOV. If you look at the tech themselves they are nuclear departments and some basic science. In those AUS with Schrödinger would be way better than the SOV. (And without the Nazis chasing all the scientist away from Europa the USA would not have the scientific potential to research the bomb.) When it comes to bomb research it is not the teams, but the IC what counts. The TTs represent the knowhow (which were there) the IC requirement represent the actual ability. So I do not see any problem there.

As for Navy and land locked countries. Please keep in mind that AUS (as well as HUN, SLO, CZE) were part of a kingdom that some 20 years in the past had a Navy an a sizable fleet. Some of their landlocked yards were actually producing seagoing warships during WWI. And all had a river flottilla.
Thus they can have a shipyard and naval doctrine team.
You might suggest to have its skill at 1-2, because they are landlocked. But it make no sense in the current implementation of research, as then a tank team with skill 5 would do all the naval ship research, and the highest level team all the naval doctrines.
As for moving them to later. Why? They represent a potential. A potential, that in normal games would never be used.

I DO CARE about balance, and skill proposals that would significantly increase a country's ability to do research are turned down. We do check how they compare to vanilla setup.

I have the same opinion when we add a team we try to respect the real historical potential, the average HoI2 skill level of that country and the skill level of the other countries. That said I would like to have a better understanding of this report because, for example, I would like to know how much Germany compared to UK is left behind.

Last edited:
TT picture Shao Xianghua

I found a new picture that would do some good if we re-zise and make it black and white.
shaoxianghua.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here is the old one.
tchcshaoxianghua.png
[/URL][/IMG]

please consider if we can do something here.

The picture in the TT pack seems in overall very well done.

Last edited:
TT AUS Steyer

taussteyer.png
[/URL][/IMG]

taussteyr.png
[/URL][/IMG]

For me less is more so I go the picture with just rifle.

tspaini.png
[/URL][/IMG]

tspaini2.png
[/URL][/IMG]

The logo is a bit abstract even it nicely done I would go the picture with the building. But on the other hand if you play as republican Spain and annex and take over N. Spain's TT you have building with picture of N. Spain's flag within. But that's just me ful of paradox...

The logo is a bit abstract even it nicely done I would go the picture with the building. But on the other hand if you play as republican Spain and annex and take over N. Spain's TT you have building with picture of N. Spain's flag within. But that's just me ful of paradox...

It is contemporaly flag. The picture is recent, I had to cut the below part because of the cars parking there...
And. TT takeover is not considered to be standard, thus we should not take it into account.

I don't know if he if the same person

It is the same person, Sergei Gorshkov. His name is spelled wrong for SOV...

Thank you for correcting me.:)

i got a quote here from a member of beta test US. we may have a problem balancing the new TT's right. would be good if you keep an eye on the following issue :

Well, I am the person doing alot of the work on Austria, and in no way do I feel it unbalanced. Just because it has a god amount of TT's dosen't mean it will do work better the the Soviets. Remember, alot of the these TT's die, or start later in the game, so maybe the most Austria will have at any one time is like 16-17...

Kunadem is right, just 20 years ago this nation was a mighty empire, and still was a haven of intellectual thought. Trapp is a skill 4 because he was brilliant. He dies in 1947, by the time anybody gets Austria a coast line they wont have much time left to use him.

Maybe SOV needs more TT's? Maybe some more work should be done. But in the civil war the nation was practically blown back into the stone age, so many brilliant minds left the nation. So it is rightly to have some lower skilled teams in the beginning...

Austria:

zl6p3b.jpg

Alfred Jansa (better picture of him in Austrian Uniform)

2r7r18x.jpg

August Fischer-See

28reip1.jpg

Erwin Fussenegger

I will put them up as TT's shortly...

Status
Not open for further replies.