• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, there wouldn't be a france if burgundy is human controlled. As for AGCEEP, I believe you are correct, but it remains to be seen whether the new database structure will prevent the many CTD's it is famous for. Hopefully it is, as the larger number of events would be nice (especially for burgundy, who can become france, or lotharingia, or stay burgundy, which would make it easier to decide what leader pool they should get). So, either that, or age of timur, I say. or 1492 if everyone wants that.

Ah! I meant to put Venice in, my bad. Or, possibly milan for the KoI event train. What do you think?

As well, what are peoples ideas on implementing some sort of military tradition? I know such a system was implemented wherein leaders could be purchased, anyone remember what MP game it was from? It would certainly give many less leader-heavy nations a chance to compete with the conventional heavyweights.

Sure, TCPilot, you are more than welcome :) what prefs do you have country-wise?

Indeed, there wouldn't be a france if burgundy is human controlled.

Hmm, in that case, I think I'd rather see a Burgundy than a France. :D

'course, I'm a bit biased, just like I'd rather see a Byz than an OE. :rolleyes:

So, either that, or age of timur, I say. or 1492 if everyone wants that.

I'd say we stick to the Grand Campaign, either regular or AGCEEP.

Ah! I meant to put Venice in, my bad. Or, possibly milan for the KoI event train. What do you think?

If AGCEEP, Milan. If not, then Venice.

It all comes down to stability, in my opinion. If it's stable, and with Rudolf seeming to offer himself up as Burgundy, an AGCEEP would be very interesting. It's mostly a matter of pragmatism: if the mod isn't stable, obviously we don't use it. :p

As well, what are peoples ideas on implementing some sort of military tradition? I know such a system was implemented wherein leaders could be purchased, anyone remember what MP game it was from? It would certainly give many less leader-heavy nations a chance to compete with the conventional heavyweights.

I'm not familiar with the system. Making random leaders before each session is all I'm familiar with.

Sure, TCPilot, you are more than welcome :) what prefs do you have country-wise?

Ah right, forgot the most important part. Depending on how things go, I might modify my preference slightly :D

If vanilla:
1. England
2. Castile
3. Venice

If AGCEEP:
1. England
2. Milan
3. Burgundy/France

My ICQ is 554330355

Last edited:
I don't remember saying I'd play Burgundy for sure, it was just on my list. I'd actually like to play the OE. I put Burgundy in there thinking of EU3, which is a different animal. I may opt for Lithuania or something in that area.

New List
1 - OE
2 - Lith
3 - Brandenburg
5 - Burgundy

Lithuania? Let's try filling in the majors before we get all wacky here.

Yeah, I think you *may* have to stick with OE for the time being. ;) Hope that's okay, but atm we just don't have enough people (we'd need a russia and Austria, at least, to make it fun for you.)

And on the vanilla/AGCEEP, I'd really like to try out AGCEEP. I say, we test it someday soon, and if it works well, then :D, if not, meh, vanilla's a'ok with me. :)

Righto then! When's good for you guys?

TC, do you use MSN or only ICQ? I'll probably have to get ICQ anyways, but its worth a shot :)

Rudolf, if we get an OE player, you can switch to lithuania, if you'd like :) if we don't have one, then its not really fair to anyone who plays a country in central europe as you can pretty much crush the russians, claim russian and tatar, and have siberia all to yourself. Even being OE alone we need a russia to ensure the exact same thing doesn't happen...its gonna be tough enough to stop you from expanding too far towards india :D we'd definately have to get extra leaders, tho, as I'm not sure lithuania has very many.

Righto then! When's good for you guys?

TC, do you use MSN or only ICQ? I'll probably have to get ICQ anyways, but its worth a shot :)

Rudolf, if we get an OE player, you can switch to lithuania, if you'd like :) if we don't have one, then its not really fair to anyone who plays a country in central europe as you can pretty much crush the russians, claim russian and tatar, and have siberia all to yourself. Even being OE alone we need a russia to ensure the exact same thing doesn't happen...its gonna be tough enough to stop you from expanding too far towards india :D we'd definately have to get extra leaders, tho, as I'm not sure lithuania has very many.

I'm not too savy regarding ICQ or msn. I've played EU3 but that is easy with Metaserver.

As for Lith. reallhy wasn't thinking like you were, not used to MP play yet. Anyway, I know OE had good power but I wanted to try an new country for me.

If it turns out to be just the three of us, I don't see anything wrong with you playing as Lithuania. :p

I think that will work out for now. Maybe some more people will join as we get going.

Are we going to do this on gameranger?

I think that will work out for now. Maybe some more people will join as we get going.

Are we going to do this on gameranger?

It seems to be the most stable way to play. If so, I'd like Portugal. With Iberian. I'm gonna be colonizing up a storm if I'm to have any chance. :D

Hopefully more people will join...perhaps we should wait until the first patch comes out to officially start (we can play a few test games, of course ;) ).

As well, TC, do you know of any resources to use for event scripting? I'm not sure where to find them, and I'd like to check if some of our rules could be event-ified (at least boundary disputes with the progression of cb>claim>core)

I don't know. The way I write events is just to browse through the event files until I find a trigger I'm looking for.

With just the three of us, want to use AGCEEP scenario? We can form some pretty impressive blobs that way (England/France, Portugal/Spain, Lithuania/???)

can I join? now with gameranger I am finally able to connect :)

I don't know. The way I write events is just to browse through the event files until I find a trigger I'm looking for.

With just the three of us, want to use AGCEEP scenario? We can form some pretty impressive blobs that way (England/France, Portugal/Spain, Lithuania/???)

Well if there isn't an Austria, I could be them or Lithuania. But I don't mind AGCEEP. I like the event detail.

i have no idea what ICQ is.

It's an instant messaging program, like MSN. People who are not from north america seem to like it. Personally, I use pidgin. that way, I get to use ICQ and MSN in the same program :)

szmik and armorattak, you are more than welcome to join! :D What are your country preferences?

AGCEEP sounds good. if that's the case, I'd like to be portugal then. I don't like the way the New spain events are handled for spain.

EDIT: Nice ;)

EDIT2:

Event wise, I was thinking:

-An event for culture claiming (80-100% of a culture for 100 years)
-An event for a boundary dispute wherein you get a cb shield on a province bordering your country (euro-only), which, if conquored, turns into a claim, then a core.
-An event to handle claiming a province which you have owned for 5 years, then coring it in 95 years.
-Anything else?