• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to see reinforcements for the European front, but why not concentrating those troops on juste one spot ? (and not dividing them between Italy and France).

According to heavy fighting over the Channel, air forces of Mitteleuropa are still far from being neutralized. Despite the successful ground operations, Allies still didn't achieve the air superiority. Salidas16, nice maps!

Here,s an updated China map with better font.

Attachments

• China post Pacific war.png
    China post Pacific war.png
    120,7 KB · Views: 218
@thatguy: It should not make any difference. Germany and Russia will fire their nukes at whatever targets they wish.

@salidas16: Nice Mittelafrika map. I am really happy you posted it, since those internal borders could form the lines of post war independent African states.

@Karaiskandar: Because at the time, it seemed like an amazing idea.....

@Zhuge Liang: Indeed. Expect an almost First World War level of carnage happening right away.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

All at once, combined Allied forces from all over Europe launch their massive frontal assault against the German army's Italian and Western frontlines. Spearheaded by powerful American, Canadian, and French military forces, the allies hit the enemy defenses head on.
alliedoctobereuropeoffe.png

Coinciding with this attack in Western Europe, British forces which had been waiting along the Swedish/Finnish border are ordered into action, invading northern Finland with their objective being to march all the way to Murmansk and south towards Helsinki. Despite possessing huge material and numerical superiority, the British make very slow progress against the Finnish army, which is inflicting heavy British casualties for little losses of its own.
invasionoffinland.png

Back in France, things begin to go terribly wrong. The Franco/Canadian assault aimed at Alsace-Lorraine completely collapses in the face of huge German firepower and in-depth defenses.
alsacelorrainfailure.png

In Italy, the Germans are also holding their ground. Allied forces attempting to liberate Turin are completely driven back by heavy German fire and mechanized infantry reserves. The attack is soon called off as allied units take catastrophic casualties.
battleofturin.png

u2211g.jpg

To try and salvage the situation in Italy, allied forces launch a multipronged attack at the German forces holding Milan, led by General Erwin Rommel. Despite having a huge numerical advantage, allied units bog down, as Rommel's troops destroy advancing allied units by funneling them into killing zones and ambushes.
battleofmilanww3.png

Along the channel coastline, nearly 1.5 million allied troops, consisting largely of American, Canadian, and French forces assault a German force only 1/3 their size at Le Havre. Despite being outnumbered, German in-depth defenses along the river are able to hold firm, inflicting massive allied casualties.
battleoflehavre.png

Back in Italy, the allied offensive collapses in the face of German firepower. Rommel's army, which is able to rapidly redeploy heavily armed mechanized infantry to weak spots in their defenses, is able to blunt all Allied efforts to get through. Milan has held and thousands of allied soldiers have been killed trying to capture it.
milandefeat.png

The German army garrisoning Le Havre is also able to blunt the allied attack there. Allied units fall back, having lost many thousands of soldiers for little to no ground gained for their efforts.
embarassingdefeat.png

More bad news comes in, this time from the north. The British army has failed in its attempt to cross into Finnish territory and take a bridgehead at Tornio. It seems that Finnish "Sisu" has succeeded in trumping the power of the British Army, resulting in the deaths of many British soldiers and the loss of dozens of tanks.
britishfailure.png

Allied forces launch another attempt to change the tide, attacking German forces at Chaumont. However, just like in other battles, the Germans are able to hold their positions and drive back the allied offensive.
battleofchaumont.png

These bloody battles all over the front have resulted in a huge amount of American casualties. Within the space of a couple of weeks, 300,000+ American soldiers have been either killed or wounded badly enough to be unable to return to combat, nearly equivalent to all combat losses suffered from the rest of the year's fighting.
300000losses.png

The allied general offensive has turned into a total and complete failure. German firepower and superior defensive positions have successfully blunted all allied attacks, and have resulted in the deaths of thousands of allied troops. Never since the days of the First World War have battles unfolded in a similar fashion. These victories are a huge blow to allied morale, with many allied political and military leaders now doubting that they will ever be able to push the Germans out of France and Italy. However, President Eisenhower and the top leaders of many allied nations stand defiant, vowing never to give up until Germany is defeated once and for all.
34033938.jpg

GOD DAM IT! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN YOU FOOL OF A TOUQUE! You slould have sent those men into the balkands before the killing feilds of the sommes, Yepres, and pashiondale!

Or mabe it was just for story effect, I mean the war seemed to be going too well for you. One giant defeat and the posability of a German counterattack that would break the back of the alies is frightning to say the least!

EDIT: If you loose all forces here, they will shurley drive back into Siberia and china, and the war will last for a LONG time.

I'd say focus on Siberia and flank Germany the long way. :)

more bad news comes in, this time from the north. The british army has failed in its attempt to cross into finnish territory and take a bridgehead at tornio. It seems that finnish "sisu" has succeeded in trumping the power of the british army, resulting in the deaths of many british soldiers and the loss of dozens of tanks.

:d

@Karaiskandar: Because at the time, it seemed like an amazing idea.....

It clealry wasn't one... :(
As I said before you need a Schwerpunkt, where you'll concentrate your best forces supported by massive airpower.
And sadly the winter is coming over Europe, maybe it's better to wait for the return of good weather before another offensive.

Oh my, this is turning into Sitzkrieg!

Rommel and Mannerheim ftw! :D

I think it would be better to launch two or three massive attacks with overwhelming superiority at "schwerpunkts" rather than than frontwide offensives. Destroying the German Navy could also leave the door open for an attack into Northern Germany. Also, massed armour seems to be unstoppable.

I wonder how much of the total male American population has been killed...

America certainly has deserved some gratitude after this war...

@CylonAndrew: Fool of a touque? I am not sure that yelling at me is really called for in this situation. And it was not for story effect either, I simply underestimated the strength of their defenses. Add to that, the fact that allied units seem to have a habit of suddenly breaking off their attack, dwindling my chances at a breakthrough.

@ColossusCrusher: No. This AAR has been going on for a long time, and I want this game to end. I want to defeat Germany then finish off the Russians, and I want it done sooner rather than later. Besides, it is already winter 1960 at the point I am ingame, leaving only about 3 more years left to play before the time limit is reached.

@Onni_Manni: To be honest, I cant tell what you mean by that emoticon?

@Karaiskandar: Indeed, and as you will see later, i found a much better invasion path in Europe.

@Parokki: Zombie Mannerheim makes Finland invincible!!!

@SovietAmerika: Lots, but do not worry. The USA still has a huge amount of manpower to draw from, so I can replace these losses relatively easily If i just get the time to do it.

@everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

As fighting rages in Europe, battles are still taking place in Central Asia. Here, at Frunze, huge Russian forces continue to tie down very large numbers of allied troops. In an attempt to change the situation, allied forces attack the enemy's positions. In the ensuing battle, allied units take very heavy casualties, forcing them to call of the attack.
frunzeepicbattle.png

To try and put up more pressure in Siberia, massive Asian allied reinforcements arrive in the area from places like western and central China. These forces begin to move towards the front lines, in preparation for new offensives in the region.
asianreinforcementssibe.png

Meanwhile, the Russians continue to pound away at allied units in central Asia. The growing pressure is beginning to have a very negative on allied units, such as here, at turgai, which is retaken by the Russian army.
turgairetreat.png

Back in Scandinavia, British forces reorganize and launch another assault at Tornio. This time, the British are able to force their way through Finnish defenses and take over the region, the first step to a possible march on Murmansk.
2ndtornio.png

Back in Central Asia, Russian army pressure on Zhambyl becomes far too much to bear. With wave after wave of enemy tanks and infantry pounding away at their defenses, allied units break and retreat westwards.
zhambylretreat.png

To try and gain some ground in Europe after the failed offensives on the western and Italian fronts, American forces with the support of Australian and South African troops invade Bulgaria. Unlike the ferocious German in-depth defenses in Italy and France, the Bulgarian infantry and mountaineer units are far easier to target and defeat, with allied units succeeding in breaking through enemy defenses at Varna.
battleofvarna.png

To put more pressure on the Germans, a small British force invades and takes control of the Danish capital of Copenhagen. Once the city falls, these British units halt their offensive and dig in, hoping to force the Germans to strip units from the western and Italian fronts and send them to the north. This also opens up the Baltic sea to possible Allied naval activity.
battleofcopenhagen.png

Allied units on the western front reorganize themselves and throw themselves at the German defenses along the channel coast once again. Unfortunately, just like the earlier attempt to break through and drive north along the coast, this offensive fails, with German firepower taking a great toll on allied units.
3rdlehavre.png

Desperate for a breakthrough, joint allied command decides to shift all available combat units from Italy to northern France. Hopefully, this concentration of pure military force will be enough to finally break through the formidable German defenses.
northernshift.png

Back in the Balkans, General MacArthur continues his offensive deeper into Bulgarian territory. At Plovdiv, MacArthur's forces are able to shatter some of Bulgaria's best units in the center of the front, throwing the enemy back towards the city of Sofia. More and more, Joint Allied Command is beginning to think that MacArthur's successes in the Balkans could be a sign of how to bring more pressure to bear against the Germans and their allies.
battleofplovdiv.png

Oh, so you aren't in a population epidemic then? Does that mean I can't help repopulate? :(

Anyway, my hopes to your victory.