• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow... one moment I'm in here and your at war with Brazil, I come in again and your and the Gates of France!! How fast are you advancing here? Anyways, if you have to fight Germany in the future, be warned. A Russo-German Alliance sounds scary, imagine how it actually is! This is starting to get really awesome!

Crilly

Good progress.
I think that you shoud not try to cross the Loire from the north.
Go east, straight to Paris!
Your armies in Iberia will take care of southern and central France.

Good progress for the forces of liberty. Soon the stronghold of global Syndicalism will fall! Will you turn over the British and French provinces to the Entente governments?

(A new French Republic and a British Republic would be nice puppets...)

Good progress for the forces of liberty. Soon the stronghold of global Syndicalism will fall! Will you turn over the British and French provinces to the Entente governments?

(A new French Republic and a British Republic would be nice puppets...)

Blasphemy! While the United States is not fighting for the 'old order', it is an ally of the traditional powers of democracy, even if in Britain's case they also had a King. To create a British Republic with no historical background would just cause disquiet with the local people of Britain, who have now thrown off the shackles of Syndicalism and would welcome glorious King Edward VIII back to their throne. ;)

Great update Kaiser, and I'm glad to hear you're warming up for Japan. In terms of starting the war, your idea of a Pearl Harbour is perfectly sound. Japan is once again acting aggressively, and you could pretend that President Garner, much like OTL, decides to place an Oil Embargo on them in an attempt to stop their expansionism. Within a few months of oil starvation... BANG. Pearl Harbour again.

French are dangerous foes... Do not let them to push you back to the sea.

Onwards to Paris!

And about Japan, why wait until they decide to jump you? The Japanese cannot be trusted, and if you can jump them and their Australasian allies first, you'll be at advantage...

The Syndies are probably going to put up a hell of a fight but from this point it's a matter of how long they can delay your victory. A war with this souped-up Japan should be interesting- I could see them launching Pearl Harbor right now in an attempt to defeat the US while its military is busy in Europe.

@History_Buff: I will probably be get the majority of France, but I think Germany will deserve to get some kind of occupation zone. Perhaps I will write an update on some kind of alternate Potsdam conference, except it could take place in Virginia or maybe somewhere in occupied France or something.

@Leviathan07: I plan on turning Britain over to the Canadians. With France, I am not so sure. There are files in the KR revolt.txt for the regular French Republic with the tricolour flag and with the vanilla French ministers. I was thinking I could release that and then mod Petain in as president. But if it proves to be too much, I will just hand metropolitan france over to the nationalists.

@Meadow: I am not sure if a US oil embargo would do anything to the Japanese now. They have both Borneo and Sumatra, which produce lots of oil. They also have all of the rich malay peninsula, which gives them tons of rare materials. Perhaps I could start a war by having the Japanese try and "complete" their control of the Pacific by making them try to invade my Pacific territories while the bulk of my military assets are in Europe.

@everyone else: thanks for your comments!

The war in Eastern Europe ends, as the last holdouts of the Ukrainian army and government surrender to the Russians. The Ukraine is now once again under complete Russian control. This victory for the Mitteleuropan alliance also allows the Russians to literally throw everything they have at the French and their remaining allies. Meanwhile, Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Ukrainian people's republic, is executed by Russian authorities.
ukrainiansurrender.png

In the skies over France, American P-51 fighter/bombers destroy whatever is left of the French Commune's Airforce, ensuring that American bombers are able to carry out their missions unimpeded.
usairdominance.png

French forces reach all the way into Transylvania. However, after gaining a small foothold in the region, they are pushed back by Hungarian forces. This represents the farthest point of advance for the French, whose army, which is now stretched fighting on fronts like Brittany, southern France, western Germany, Bavaria, and Slovakia, can no longer sustain the effort. From now on, the French will be fighting on the defensive against Mitteleuropa, a fight that they will be unable to win.
desperatehungarians.png

In the Mediterranean sea, German commando's launch a daring raid in Marseilles, forcing the French navy out into the open waters, face to face with the US navy's 1st Carrier task force. After a brief exchange, the French flee into Nimes, losing a cruiser in the process.
gulfoflyonbattle.png

frenchcruisersunk.png

The Germans then force the French out to sea yet again by attacking Nimes, with the same result as last time. French ships take heavy damage, but none are sunk as they flee for another port. Meanwhile, the German soldiers that had landed in southern France are crushed by French reinforcements, with many of them being either killed, captured, or escaping to US lines to the west, where they are momentarily held before arrangements are made to send them back to Germany.
gulfoflyonround2.png

French tanks spearhead a counter-offensive aimed at Angers, defended by 150,000 American troops. Superior American armour and artillery decisively break the French assault, with many of their tanks being reduced to flaming scrap metal as the French abandon their attack.
brittanycounterattack.png

An interesting discovery is made while a combined force of American bombers and Canadian fighters sorties over the city of Paris. The french have apparently beaten the US in the race to field jet propelled aircraft! However, it is too little, too late to save the French now.
frenchjetbombers.png

Another battle off the coast of Southern France, as French capital ships attempt to force the US navy away from the coast. Their efforts prove to be counterproductive, with many of their ships being either sunk or heavily damaged by American Carrier aircraft.
gulfoflyonround3.png

Back on dry land, US forces launch a massive assault, with their goal being to conquer all of southern France, and to march right up to the Franco-Italian border.
marchtoitaly1.png

My GOD! It seems like the French must have hundreds of divisions as they are fighting so many fronts at once and winning at some! Kudos to the Germans for fighting as long as they did!

Er, um, last time I checked the Ukraine was in Eastern Europe... :p

The French are definitely under unendurable pressure now. Something is
going go give in a big way somewhere, especially if the Rooskies move up
substantial forces.

Great going in Europe awesome aar

Epic war, the French are putting a spirited but hopeless resistance.

Great update! The war is hotting up even more now the Russians are wading in. The Syndies are on borrowed time - it's just a matter of who will have the bigger slice of France at the end of the war. That could be the deciding factor in any future Entente-Central Powers war.

The French performance is truly impressive here, managing to advance while facing most of the world's great powers and even outeching them in places. Of course they'll be defeated eventually but I can see them dragging this out for a while.

The French performance is truly impressive here, managing to advance while facing most of the world's great powers and even outeching them in places. Of course they'll be defeated eventually but I can see them dragging this out for a while.

The revolutionary spirit of Napoleon himself marches with the Commune.

Alright, time for a long delayed update.

@Austria Hungary: Its not that they have a really huge army, its largely because they have lots of armoured divisions. Plus, the French have those powerful 1945 infantry divisions, which are pretty good at holding territory.

@serutan: I said Eastern Europe. Did I make a mistake elsewhere?

@The_Frozen_1: Japan is still huge, and has been building a huge, technically advanced navy. They have lots of carriers, with org's of approx 125, meaning they have excellent doctrines. The ANZACS meanwhile, have been building lots of naval bombers. The pacific war should be very interesting.

Speaking of which, I have been unsuccessful in getting the Japanese AI to declare war. I guess I will have to use creative means...

@Sectorknight21:Thanks!

@Zhuge Liang: No kidding. They have done far better than I could have expected.

@salidas16: That is exactly what I will be doing. Their beaches are stacked heavily, so the northern road to Rome will be the one I will be using.

@everyone else: thanks for your comments!

The Italian navy's best capital ship wanders into range of Nimitz's carriers. It does not take long for the US carrier aircraft to blast the Italian battleship with bombs and torpedoes, sending the ship to the bottom of the sea.
magnagrecia.png

In Southern France, American tanks hit a thick wall of resistance along the river outside of Marseilles, with French artillery scoring devastating hits of concentrations of US armor and infantry trying to cross the river. It is only with overwhelming force that Marseilles falls to American troops.
battleofmarseille.png

French warships are forced into the open waters of the Channel after US forces overrun Normandy, forcing the French to engage Admiral Halsey's Carrier Task Force. Things do not go very well for the French, who lose a Carrier, a Battleship, and 2 flotillas of transports before they retreat.
battleofthechannel2.png

channellosses.png

Another naval engagement takes place in the Mediterranean sea, with the French losing 2 battleships and a battlecruiser. It is clear that the French Commune's navy is finished.
frenchbbssunk2.png

US forces in Brittany and Southern France finally link up along the Atlantic coast, forming a single united front against the ever more stretched French People's Army.
frenchfrontslinkup.png

US forces widen their offensive in Southern France, engaging and crushing French commune force in the Rhone valley and around the town of Vichy.
southernfrenchoffensive.png

As US forces clear out the French southern coastline, the remnants of the French Mediterranean fleet are forced out into battle again. The results are decisive, with the French losing another aircraft carrier and 2 battleships. Whats left of their ships flee for the Italian coast.
gulfoflyonround5.png

frenchcapitalshipssunk.png

Things get worse for the French, as Brazilian troops liberate Amsterdam by sea, followed by Mitteleuropan landings in Ghent, Rotterdam, and to the west of Wilhelmshaven. (BTW: Go Brazil!!!)
vulberablesyndiebeaches.png

US forces march into Geneva, and reach the Franco-Italian border. After a short period of regrouping, US forces invade northern Italy, marching on turin and Genoa. The Italian army's border defenses are quickly overwhelmed, allowing US forces to march further towards Milan and La Spezia.
invasionofitalyrd.png

I would have sworn that previous update said "the war in Western Europe has ended". Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I misread something...

Nice going. From the looks of things, France has now lost enough IC that they should be ready to collapse. Are you planning to shake hands
with the Germans before trying to descend the boot of Italy?