• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
re treat (noun)

1. A shameful tactic reportedly employed by the enemies of the Emperor. No information exists on how it is used.

2. A place affording peace, quiet, privacy, or security, such as the Emperor's winter palace.

3. A period of seclusion, retirement, or solitude, such as the period of time following the Emperor's ingestion of pills.

4. The music played when an inferior nation recognizes the magnificence of Great Japan, and removes their nation's flag, allowing the only truly glorious flag in the world to fly in it's stead.

(Any more questions? :D)

BANZAI!

Only one question: TO WAAAAR!

AND I REALISE THAT IS NOT A QUESTION.

14. GLORIOUS QUAGMIRE

1-15.png

Glorious Kuribayashi faces literally 290,000 Chinese soldiers who launch a horrifying assault on Nanjing! The 45,000 brave Japanese defenders butcher the attackers and win!

AS EXPECTED!

2-17.png

FURTHERMORE OUR INDUSTRY GROWS FROM THE PLUNDER!

3-15.png

We refuse this offer, as our industry already dwarfs the rest of the world put together. Also, the massive losses inflicted by the vast Chinese army on our outnumbered divisions bogged down in their roadless armies means we need the men.

I mean... TORA! TORA!

TORA!!!

4-14.png

Here is an overview of the GLORIOUS stalemate.

A STALEMATE WE SHALL BREAK WITH A STUNNING AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT ON FUZHOU!

5-17.png

Oh.

6-14.png

Despite the difficulty incurred by fighting, we slowly increase our glorious lodgement around Nanjing. Will victory follow quickly on?

And, for our Yamashita fans:
7-13.png

** I have to say, I am even more impressed by Mod 34. The Chinese divs are worse than mine, but they have far more - and I am impeded mainly by infrastructure! The further I go into China, the lower the infra level. I am actually building infrastructure in some provinces in order to actually regain org! **

Awesome, that Yamashita is totally mine! I suggested those traits for him for HoI2's CLMIP. :D

The title sounds like an oxymoron. I mean, quagmires aren't supposed to be glorious.

Shit, you're right!

I absolutely wasn't making an ironic joke!

:p

Our glorious forces are completely outnumbered on all fronts. Victory is now assured!

I'm glad Myth suggested one should read this AAR :)

15. VIETNA- I MEAN, CHINA

1-16.png

... you win this round, Chiang.

2-18.png

BUT I WIN THIS ROUND.

3-16.png

YEAH! Not smiling now, are you, Peanut*?

*Stillwell's nickname for Chiang. Fact.

4-15.png

The people finally notice that we've had Nanjing for months. BANZAI!
VICTORY SHALL QUICKLY ENSUE!

5-18.png

ESPECIALLY WITH OUR AVERAGE NEW CAS which are needed for the next CAG technology WHICH SHALL SLAUGHTER THE CHIN ARMIES! TORA!!!

6-15.png

Brave war-criminal Tojo holds off the Chin hordes and inflicts losses incalculable on their disorganised, deadly, puny, well-armed, ill-equipped well organised rabble. JAPANESE ARMIES ARE UNBEATABLE

7-14.png

Our logistics aren't, though. WE SHALL BUILD ROADS AND RAILWAYS FOR OUR NEW PARTNERS IN THE GLORIOUS JAPANESE EMPIRE and of course they'll be useful for invading China with. KNEEL, SLAVES! KNEEL BEFORE OUR INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS!

High speed broadbrand coming in 2011.

8-11.png

Marvel before our stunning progress!!!

You know in Mod34 Infra only gives 5%...:D

Also, why is Mengukuo so tiny?

Why the hell would you build infrastructure?

My org regain is about 1 a day.

Also, why is Mengukuo so tiny?

Funny story, that province was taken by rebels, and then they declared independence as Social Liberal Mengukuo.

It also appears to build faster

Much faster.

I know. I was just trying to be a smart ass.

Talk to the IMPERIAL GUARD, traitor, 'cos the Emperado ain't listening.

Perhaps you should start attacking Chiang with peanuts.

DISREGARD THE ABOVE PUTDOWN!

TOJO, PREPARE YOUR PEANUT FARMERS!

jimmy-carter-0x1dcbb.jpg

... yes! YES!!!

You will fall as the innumerable armies of china descend upon you! Watch how their numbers cover the earth and their bullets blot out the sun! See how their inevitable victory draws nigh! Despair for you face the numberless horde!