• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I recall correctly you don't actually need cores for Malaya.

Exactly.

I've already pointed out the method in another thread so it's not really a secret.

You need to control two out of three malay regions -- easily done.
You need to discover West Java -- there is natural spread from Majipahit, if you do it right.
You need colonists -- take "Colonial Venture" (and the Malacca CoT)

It's really the colonist aspect and spread luck that determines formation time. This record was obviously a little "reload for lucky spread"-oriented, but I did it by 1430 in an MP game without this detail and it usually happens before then. Might I add that the West Java provinces do not have to be "full size."

---> Then Asia is yours. ; )

I also took the colonial venture if i remember correctly.Basically i did what you did,but before colonising and annexing majahapit i took onto mallaca and aceh.I remember after that i went up,conquered indonesia,got a province in africa near hansa,westernised and then defeated China just for the lolz.
This was my first ever DW game.Although i had been playing HttT for many hours,so it is not something i am absurdly proud of.I am thinking of having a megacampaign as them actually.

Not sure if this counts because I'm running a mod but I haven't made any changes to the HRE or inheritance mehcanics.

qUhvm.jpg

How could this happen!

Exactly.

I've already pointed out the method in another thread so it's not really a secret.

You need to control two out of three malay regions -- easily done.
You need to discover West Java -- there is natural spread from Majipahit, if you do it right.
You need colonists -- take "Colonial Venture" (and the Malacca CoT)

It's really the colonist aspect and spread luck that determines formation time. This record was obviously a little "reload for lucky spread"-oriented, but I did it by 1430 in an MP game without this detail and it usually happens before then. Might I add that the West Java provinces do not have to be "full size."

---> Then Asia is yours. ; )
By the way what cbs did you use?Gurantees and warnings?

By the way what cbs did you use?Gurantees and warnings?

Old question, quick answer:
Malacca frequently puts up a trade embargo, providing a neat CB for Brunei. This was such a case. Aceh guarantees Malacca with almost religious dedication extending any war to Sumatra -- on second thought, it probably has to do with religion after all. In the case of Aceh, however, it's not worth doing more than vassalise it, which is possible even with its large province count. [If they don't, there is a starting PU possibility.] Majipahit may be heathen, but since you lack a border, I find it prudent to wait for Govtech 4 and the NI for unrestricted Holy War. On the other hand, the hindus' are quite inclined to start a war themselves.

Updated:

Longest Siege: 127413 days. Rhodes Leonoob

According to my calculations that siege started March 19, 1426 and you're getting dominated :D

Never thought I would see this record broken, but it was smashed. The previous record was 286 years, and now it is 350 years :eek:

Updated:

Longest Siege: 127413 days. Rhodes Leonoob

According to my calculations that siege started March 19, 1426 and you're getting dominated :D

Never thought I would see this record broken, but it was smashed. The previous record was 286 years, and now it is 350 years :eek:

I don't think that that's possible, even if it was a siege of a level 5 fort with 1 cavalry regiment.

It looks like he was constantly bankrupting himself so his units would have no morale, and he would have -100 prestige.

Ah, but that makes even survival for 350 years seem odd. How could you constantly be bankrupt and with -100 prestige, and still manage to remain independant?