• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sometimes I feel that some of my characters channel a collection of inspirational quotes rather than normal speech.

Who knows? Maybe they did talk like that in the dark ages.

And the part about Kiten making a pose in nude. I imagined him standing in a Superman stance which really cracked me up.

And a harem? Seriously? Man, religious tolerance was high in Prussia.

Last edited:
Did he really have that many children in-game?
Well he did have 11 legitimate ones... but the guess is of course a bit of artistic license.

Who knows? Maybe they did talk like that in the dark ages.

And the part about Kiten making a pose in nude. I imagined him standing in a Superman stance which really cracked me up.

And a harem? Seriously? Man, religious tolerance was high in Prussia.
Holy crap, that is what I imagined too.

Prussia was undergoing some changes, plus... it's good to be the King, he's above the law. ;)

I think this is in order.

6a012875949499970c01287594df5c970c-pi

I am excited for Kiten to rule Prussia. He is gallant, diplomatic, and yet decadent.

A combination that will invariably lead to his heir being a chaste cruel evil mastermind who wrecks Prussia.

Homelands
Chapter Twenty Five: Land of Snow and Ice
Part 5

Prelude:
Unionism always had a very precarious position. Its enemies despised it, and its allies wanted them to just commit and convert to their beliefs. In the center of the Unionist movement was Berlin, one of the three great centers for Prussian Unionism (along with London and Memelgrád). The Margrave of Brandenburg was a Unionist by the name of Heinrich Luxembourg, a man born in the Sudetenland, and well taught by the Prussian nobility there. He was known for trying to urge Unionist support for the German King, but at the same time openly loathing the close-mindedness of Revisionist leaders. With mounting pressure from other Unionists, Heinrich eventually vowed to leave the Kingdom and forge an independent Unionist realm free from the pressures of both Revisionism and Orthodoxy. But nothing works as planned, and soon Heinrich found himself a target of a Revisionist crusade to restore Germany to its whole self. Heinrich had no choice but to turn to Prussia, and with warm looming King Karnak sent Prince Kiten to assess the situation in Berlin before troops from Poland would be dispatched. The young Prince arrived in Berlin just in time to witness Revisionist brutality and carelessness. He urged his father to commit to a counter attack even in the dead of winter as he tried to stabilize things in Berlin.

Germany.png

Germany in 1254: Royal lands in Brown; Other parts of the Kingdom in Olive; Brandenburg in Green.

January 3rd, 1254

Heinrich lie in his bed as he had since the assassination attempt, an attempt which might still succeed. They had come after the poor man on Christmas, a day that they should have spent at prayer as was the tradition of the Revisionists. Heinrich tried to weakly smile, but Kiten knew his life was fading. "I'll tell you boy, when I get out of this damned bed, I'll personally wring the neck of ever Revisionist between here and the Rhine."

Kiten smiled, he appreciated Heinrich's enthusiasm but he shook his head, "No Heinrich; more death now is not going to placate anyone... especially not those who would strike out on a Holy Day. Get some rest, you'll need it." The Prince signaled the maid to bring in water and some bread to tide the Margrave over before a real meal is brought in at dinner time. For now Kiten would return to running the small border territory as a sort of Regent. As he stepped out of the Margrave's room he was met again by Andres and Jakob.

"How is he looking, Kiten?" Andres asked.

"Poorly, blood loss has been serious. If he can stabilize... and if God wills any secondary blight away... he might stand a chance, but he is too weak to fight off a second round," Kiten said seriously. A glum look flooded across his form, he slumped slightly and sighed, "Never really knew the man... but he wants to fight. We must praise him for that. Anyways... we should get down to the Town Hall, they will want to hear of Heinrich's condition as well." The three men walked out of the main keep and into the bustling main street. Many remained blissfully unaware of the impending war and instead went about their business.

From behind Klaudijs caught up with the three and still trying to catch his breath asked where they were going. Kiten remained stern and silent, but Jakob informed the herald that they were headed toward the Town Hall.

"Order, order! Now gentlemen I present the acting Margrave, his royal majesty Prince Kiten of Prussia," the Burgermeister said to call everyone's attention. Hushed voices began to stir as the young man stepped out into the open room.

Kiten motioned for quiet and attention and in time got it. He stood, motionless as he collected his thoughts and then, slowly, began to speak. "Gentlemen, I have bad news and bad news and bad news and it keeps coming. Heinrich is stable, but I don't think his chances are very good. Barring the grace of God all mighty, I put his chances at slim to none." The Prince paused to let this sink in. "Germany is getting ready to invade, their raids have started and you already know this. I have already called for Prussia to send soldiers, but it won't be pretty. I know you wanted independence, and Prussia would have been willing to fight for it... but you won't last, so we are going to take you before Germany does."

Voices roared to life, demands to know what he meant by that were shouted and the entire room just descended into chaos and rabble. Kiten swallowed, as did Andres and Jakob who stepped out of the shadow to be ready to protect the Prince.

"Quiet, quiet, quiet!" Kiten shouted. The voices stopped as all eyes turned to the Prince. "Listen, I understand you are unhappy! But what did you expect? Seriously? You sit in a vital border ground between Prussia and her Revisionist enemies! Did you seriously think that we were going to just let you get taken by Germany and end up at a disadvantage? No... we are going to ensure that Bohemia does not get surrounded on three sides by enemies!" Kiten stopped to settle his head, "The world extends beyond this city... there is a bigger picture out there, and you don't want to see it! I am sorry it came to this, I tried to avoid it. I wasn't expecting a backstabbing bullshit attack on a fucking holiday... okay?" Kiten took a deep breath, "None of us were... Now... we can do this one of many ways... here is my plan: You shut the hell up. Prussia will move troops into Berlin within a week or so, your job is to surrender. You surrender without a fight, no one gets hurt. Heinrich will assume the title Prince and will name an heir. Once that is done, we can deal with the bigger issue: Fighting Germany."

"And what if we won't surrender?" Asked one burger.

"I don't want to think of it, but you will fear us as much as you fear them. Our war machine is not a petty thing. It is massive... with more cavalry than you have citizens. And my father will turn to the whole thing against you if he feels it is necessary. Don't give him a reason... I am begging you. Don't give him a reason. Please... don't.'

Silence.

Silence filled the room as everyone let Kiten's words take hold. His concern was real, and people saw it. There were no more questions or yelling, people just accepted the inevitable, the path of least resistance.

"Now, if you will..." Kiten continued, "We need to get moving... Germany will be arriving soon... this will be the first clash of East and West... it is historic... so we should try to look our best when we fight alongside the men of the East." Kiten nodded, that was all he had to say. He left the Town Hall with his three friends in close pursuit.

"What the hell was that?!" Jakob asked, "You basically told them we were going to invade them and salt their lands if they didn't listen!"

"I know... it had to be said."

"Why, what about the truth versus truth?"

"Because if you are going to tell someone you come in peace, and then march in with a legion and force them to join up... it only creates enemies! Tver was different... we got them to surrender so we didn't have to invade... invasion is already a fact here... the soldiers are a few days away... Jakob... I am not going to lie to them about that."

End Chapter Twenty Five

Last edited:
Oh you don't know how many times I have clicked upon this AAR. :rolleyes:

Berlin?
Berlin-Cölln you mean?

And didn't they have any other proper towns around that area? :rolleyes: