• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dec 23, 2008
I get the following message when I try to play the game: "128 mb of video memory is required to run this game. However, game will start but there may be instability etc.....". But the game does not run--it just crashes. And I do in fact have 128 mb of video memory--a radeon x300se 128mb hypermemory card. So what's the problem here and what should I do?

radeon x300se 128mb hypermemory card
Hypermemory cards only have a small portion of their stated memory capacity on card, most of it is being borrowed from main system memory in a similar fashion to integrated graphics. If making sure you have the latest patch installed does not help you will need to upgrade your graphics card. Even if you were to get the game to run, on such a low end card the game would probably not run at all well.

Last edited:
Well, I can't register since I don't seem to have or can't find a cd key. The game (which I bought from Amazon) did not come with a physical manual (tho' a manual pdf is on the disk) so I can't get one that way. The key is not on the CD itself or on the map (which did come with the game) or inside the game case.

Was it from Amazon itself, or a second-hand copy from some vendor via them? The proper release of EU3 definitely has a physical manual and the CD key is on the back cover of it. This is not a good sign, I fear you may have bought a pirate copy ...

As far as your problem goes, I've responded to your email already.

Was it from Amazon itself, or a second-hand copy from some vendor via them? The proper release of EU3 definitely has a physical manual and the CD key is on the back cover of it. This is not a good sign, I fear you may have bought a pirate copy ...

As far as your problem goes, I've responded to your email already.

Respond to mine too... please (is there a way to turn off the notification, because everything is ok inside the game)

Last edited:
No, there is no way to turn off the notification. Sorry.

sorry to necro this thread but almost the exact same problem.

Brand new computer with nothing on it, so I install the OS...blah. I then install ATI Radeon X600 256Mb Hypermemory. Under display adapters is shows "radeon x300se 128mb hypermemory" and "radeon x300se 128mb hypermemory secondar". Anyways I get that error, at first I ignored it, but then I clicked on a province and the game crashed. NOTE: I have 4Gbs of RAM

Any help would be appreciated :D

I do not understand why you say this. A seller might very well lose the box the game came in if he left in in some drawer months ago while the disc was on top of his computer, might he not? Or the manual might be lost amongst a pile of books. I lose such things constantly, you would cry if you knew how many cds and manuals are scattered in chaos around the area of my desk. Moreover, this buyer received the map (and a case) with it.
IMNSHO there is nothing wrong with buying a second-hand video game; on the contrary.

EDIT: I apologize for accidentally nibbling at another finger of the corpse.

comagoosie: You must register your games here by clicking on the My Games/Registrations link above. Then you can see and post in the Tech Support forum, where this thread belongs. Thanks.

comagoosie: You must register your games here by clicking on the My Games/Registrations link above. Then you can see and post in the Tech Support forum, where this thread belongs. Thanks.
My deepest apologies. Though I already registered my games, I only did a brief sweep of the tech forum and then I resorted to google search, which gave this thread. I didn't know what I was looking for was in the tech forum all the time, thanks :)

EDIT: Like good ol' Mr. T said the game may or may not be playable, which for me, it isn't. I guess I will have to wait until the weekend:D
It is odd how I can play VV2.1 perfectly fine :confused:

Let me bump this by saying I have the same problem and it's the demo. Obviously I cannot register because I have not bought it yet. I can run all other PDS games no problem.