• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After all those wars with the Mameluks, sometime to develop the territories and to burn off some reputation might be good, and by the looks of it you've got the monarch to do the job!

Still I'm quite anxious to see you attempt to further penetrate into Europe, just based on how well you've been playing thus far I suspect the Austrians will be unable to stop you at the gates of Vienna.

If the conflict erupted, some feared that the Empire would be at a severe disadvantage.

My advice to those dissenters who question the shrewdness of the great padishan Ali (spiffing portrait btw) is to look on the bright side. At least there will be bombastic and epic tales of the wars they get involved in!

All great warriors would be as nothing without great poets to record their deeds.

It's only right that one follows the other.

Perfect ruler to burn off some bad boy. Given the size of your Empire, his low military skill shouldn't be of much concern: quantity does have, after all, a quality of its own. :)

I liked the character sketch of the new Sultan. Puts some flesh and bones on the dry stats.

After all those wars with the Mameluks, sometime to develop the territories and to burn off some reputation might be good, and by the looks of it you've got the monarch to do the job!

Still I'm quite anxious to see you attempt to further penetrate into Europe, just based on how well you've been playing thus far I suspect the Austrians will be unable to stop you at the gates of Vienna.

Don't worry - I am not that good of a player. I usually sacrifice whats best to reduce micro-management, such as not having dedicated siege armies that leave thousands of cavalry dying from attrition.

So its a good thing I have large manpower reserves! :p

My advice to those dissenters who question the shrewdness of the great padishan Ali (spiffing portrait btw) is to look on the bright side. At least there will be bombastic and epic tales of the wars they get involved in!

I agree. The only problem? I can't write poetry to save my life, which means that when I include some quoted "samples" in my next few updates I have to try and write something that doesn't sodomize the eardrums.

Some romance is always nice...

Lets just hope he can kick ass too

Like an attractive kick-boxer?

Let's hope for a Russian-Persian coalition. ;)

No! No no no no no! Bad Throne! Bad! :rofl:

All great warriors would be as nothing without great poets to record their deeds.

It's only right that one follows the other.

I concur.

Perfect ruler to burn off some bad boy. Given the size of your Empire, his low military skill shouldn't be of much concern: quantity does have, after all, a quality of its own. :)

I liked the character sketch of the new Sultan. Puts some flesh and bones on the dry stats.

Thanks! I try and make each new monarch a little special, so I come up with a suitable portrait and then do a special one-time title bar at the top.

Last edited:
I agree. The only problem? I can't write poetry to save my life, which means that when I include some quoted "samples" in my next few updates I have to try and write something that doesn't sodomize the eardrums.

The Padishah swings his gilded sabre
The enemies turn tail and flee
Osman's legacy stretches to the Sambre
The Sublime State heralds his jubilee

:D

Ali, the first servant of the state. :D

Ottomans needs a true 'Soldatenkönig'. ;)

What, Mehmet II wasn't good enough for you?

You guys wont be satisfied until I have Paris besieged, will you? :p

The Padishah swings his gilded sabre
The enemies turn tail and flee
Osman's legacy stretches to the Sambre
The Sublime State heralds his jubilee

:D

*Whimpers*

Ali would be ashamed of both you and your poetic devices :eek:o:rolleyes::rofl:

Get your mind outa the gutter!

Although that did make me laugh pretty hard.

- - - - -

Well unfortunately I'll need to put TSS on a temporary hiatus as I deal with the current strand of influenza that is ravaging my body. It's hard enough to sit down and type this out, considering that every time I cough it feels as though my throat is filled with shards of glass. :(

Get better soon!

I hope you get better soon. Do you want me to compose an ode to speed up your recreation?

Get well soon.

If for no other reason than that we may have more aural sodomy (?). ;)

I guess if thats how you swing. ;)

See what comes from toying with bad poetry? witchflu! :eek: Let's hope it goes quickly, take care.

That . . . is probably the best name for a disease ever. I'm going to use witchflu is everyday conversation from now on. :rofl:

Get better soon!

Thank you!

Get well soon!

Thanks very much!

I hope you get better soon. Do you want me to compose an ode to speed up your recreation?

And send me crashing into further depths of inferiority spawned despair?

Yes. Yes I do. :D

I am feeling better today (thanks for all the messages), but I'm still not fully recovered. I feel that I will probably be able to do something this weekend if my recovery rate doesn't plummet. Fingers crossed!

Ubik holds the copyrights of Witchflu.

The original witch was Taer, btw.

Definitely, I found it for the first time in the MM forum... although I didn't know who the original witch was :eek: Shouldn't the witch have the copyrights? :rofl:

Definitely, I found it for the first time in the MM forum... although I didn't know who the original witch was :eek: Shouldn't the witch have the copyrights? :rofl:

No, because I named her flu witch flu to honor her comments during beta. She is a witch, but a cute witch, btw...