• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Van Diemen said:
Well, I reinstalled the entire game and deleted all remaining folders left after the removal of the game. I installed patch 1.1 and loaded up the game without any mod.
I installed the mod by game launcher and renamed the "cache" folder located inside the "map" folder of vanilla EU: Rome (not one one of the mod) to "cache backup". Then I created a new folder inside the vanilla EU: Rome "map" folder called "cache" and created inside this new folder again another new folder called "province_textures". I started up the game and mod with the launcher and it worked without a flaw. So, if you follow the instructions you should have no problems in installing the mod!

yes! oui! si! da!

this works perfectly
by the way
i suggest divide province "carthage" in both Uticae and Kart Hadash (historical poeni name)

veritas said:
S! Can you generate the original textures?

Delete the textures from a fresh installation and the game should regenerate them.

No, I cannot generate any textures.

That's how I figured out the problem, when I tried to re-generate the original game textures.

Again another minor hotfix for some issues

Again a new minor hotfix has been uploaded for v1.1 of the Rome Improved Map Project. This hotfix fixes the mistakes that have occurred by altering the provinces. The sea crossing all had wrong seas to cross, this has now been resolved. Furthermore someone informed me about a unit position mistake that had taken place, this has too been resolved. N.B this hotfix also contains the files from the previous hotfix.

Download link:
http://files.filefront.com/Hotfix+v11brar/;10143505;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

Here is a sneak peak of the whole fertile crescent region. I'll note that Mygdonia in the north and Elam in the east might be adjusted somewhat as we move into those regions, but this is suitable for now.

the question of million:
ITS POSSIBLE EXPAND THE MAP?
uh?

Eshmunazar said:

Here is a sneak peak of the whole fertile crescent region. I'll note that Mygdonia in the north and Elam in the east might be adjusted somewhat as we move into those regions, but this is suitable for now.

Very nice :)

Not only some provinces/capitals in the vanilla map make little sense (Kirkuk?), but the Tigris and Euphrates rivers are totally moved eastward. So Seleucia and Babylon look in the middle of the desert and Susa appears to be on the Euphrates :wacko:

peregrino05 said:
the question of million:
ITS POSSIBLE EXPAND THE MAP?
uh?

It's possible but it would require a skilled graphic artist to do it. Simply reconfiguring the provinces on the other hand is relatively easy. Van Diemen and I hope to expand the map eventually, but for now we're going to work on getting what exists working properly, then worry about adding more.

Carthage and North Africa are coming along well, it's a complex area and there's really very little information on pre-Roman divisions into provinces and the like, more like a collection of city-states, but it's going pretty well. The whole region should be much more interesting, with more kingdoms than just Rome and Numidia, as well as any number of possible revolter nations based on former Phoenician colonies and Berber states.

For those working on Seleucia, I was curious about the easternmost provinces. The event which creates Parthia secedes specific provinces (by number) to them, and if these are changed the event will have to be changed. So I wanted to know if/how the easternmost province numbers will be different, as I'm working out the details of incorporating this new map into my mod.

battlecry said:
For those working on Seleucia, I was curious about the easternmost provinces. The event which creates Parthia secedes specific provinces (by number) to them, and if these are changed the event will have to be changed. So I wanted to know if/how the easternmost province numbers will be different, as I'm working out the details of incorporating this new map into my mod.
Well the Easternmost province will remain the same for now, but I can't guarantee it for the future.

Van Diemen said:
Well the Easternmost province will remain the same for now, but I can't guarantee it for the future.
Not a problem I was only curious about "now" anyway.

Wow this is great stuff! I honestly can't wait until the map can be expanded eastwards, but for now I'm just happy that someone is trying to make the rest of the map as fun as possible.

So far my only gripe is in Greece you have Corinth as the capital of Argolis. Argos should be the capital of Argolis and Corinth should own the stretch of land between Argolis and Attica that is known as the Isthmus of Corinth.

Both cities to their credit would be very important to the Achaean League though, with Aratus liberating Argos from its tyrant and letting it join the league, and of course Corinth which was burned to the ground by the Romans as punishment for the league's defiance.

Unfortunately I think the map is way too small to accurately portray Greece, which is going to make it hard for people to make a Persian Wars mod, since there really is no room in Greece for most of the city-states one would want to include.

And one last note, Boeotia's capital is listed as Boeotia when it should be Thebes or at least another important city in the area.

Awesome mod, and I can't wait for further updates and/or possible inclusion in other mods.

I have spoken to the other team members and they mostly agree on your suggestions Thelonegunman. I will try to make a separate province for both Corinth and the new country Argos. Hopefully it will not become too small. We will release it when the new release with Carthage and Seleucia is ready too (could take another week though).

vanin said:
Dont know wether this has been posted or not, but an army in Achaea looks like it stands in Arcadia... very confusing at some times.
This issue should be resolved if you download the last hotfix.

Look at the new country of Argos.

It will be included in the next release.

argosaddedld5.jpg